Any cyclists or triathletes in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    This year I want to do 2 sprint tris and 2 Olympics. If I do well in the last Olympic, I will attempt a half in 2012. If I can do 2 or 3 halves in 2012/13 then I might be fit enough to consider a full.

Honestly right now, I'm just happy I can job 5K anytime I want easily. Heck this time last year I couldn't do 500m.

I can also swim 1000m whenever I choose now. Last year 100m was rough.

Now I can bike until my ass pretty much goes completely numb and I can't stand it at all. It's time to get a Cobb saddle. I'll probably do a few 100km rides this next summer or fall.

I'm also going to do the cycling merit badge with my son's scout troop. It's going to be really interesting to see how young boys and young men handle a 50 mile final ride.
    thats some sweet goals right there
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
      thats some sweet goals right there
      Thanks.

It all started with my wife and a New Years eve party last year. She has a friend that has been doing tris and running for a few seasons.

I always wanted to give it a whirl and now I'm a borderline addict. One day I'll look like one too.

Comment

I guess I am a roadie fag. I have thought about doing tri's but I hate running. My wife wants to do a few this year so we may do some sprints in the spring and see how that goes. Riding is my primary focus though.

I do have a beater steel frame mountain bike for fun every once in awhile but prefer the road.

I wouldnt mind getting a group ride going in the spring or a decent 60+ degree day. I live in Flower Mound, lots of good riding up here.

Comment

Beej, once you finish one... you'll be addicted.
          Originally posted by Denny
          I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
            Beej, once you finish one... you'll be addicted.
            Ya, I don't know. I just really hate running. I did prolly 20 tours this year including HHH, and rode 1500 miles and had a blast, but I cant stand to even run a 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
              Ya, I don't know. I just really hate running. I did prolly 20 tours this year including HHH, and rode 1500 miles and had a blast, but I cant stand to even run a 5k.
              I freakin' hate the running part too. My wife is the one who is starting to actually like running, which freaks me out.

Just do it! The run is the real test after the fun parts that challenges you to finish. This is the best reason to just do it that I know.

Do an easy pool swim sprint tri to start and you'll get hooked.

It's the best way I know to set some realistic fitness goals, get in shape and have fun all at the same time.

In a tri you can compete with anyone you want, but mostly you compete with yourself. If you are insane you can compete with the pros, but you'll get heartbroke.

But as a 40 year old dude, I smile like hell whenever I pass some young 20 year old woman that looks like she is in way better shape than I am.

By the end of this year, I'll look like I'm 30 and be passing even more people.

I'm just sad I got started in TRIs so late in life. I should've started doing it before it was cool once I realized I'd never be a pro ball player or even a good college ball player.

Comment

I'm just sad I got started in TRIs so late in life. I should've started doing it before it was cool once I realized I'd never be a pro ball player or even a good college ball player.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                  That is pretty funny. I think everyone has seen or heard itxquoted before.

Comment

Comment

i just did my very first ride today. had a blast. legs are a bit sore, but it feels good. i was really happy to get my heart rate up for a good 30 minutes. i cant wait to stretch my legs some and get to do some real riding, but you have to start somewhere i guess!

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                        i just did my very first ride today. had a blast. legs are a bit sore, but it feels good. i was really happy to get my heart rate up for a good 30 minutes. i cant wait to stretch my legs some and get to do some real riding, but you have to start somewhere i guess!
                        What are you riding? I did a bit of riding Saturday. It wasn't much, but it was fun.

I got in 1500 yards of swimming tonight. Tomorrow morning will be an hour on a stationary exercise bike with the ipod... I can't really get into the idea of biking around Dallas in the cold and dark with the way people drive. That totally defeats the purpose of trying to get into shape.

Comment

What are you riding? I did a bit of riding Saturday. It wasn't much, but it was fun.

I got in 1500 yards of swimming tonight. Tomorrow morning will be an hour on a stationary exercise bike with the ipod... I can't really get into the idea of biking around Dallas in the cold and dark with the way people drive. That totally defeats the purpose of trying to get into shape.

Comment

8 miles running @ 5am, 3500m in the pool with 20x100m on 1:35 as the main set after running and just wrapped up 20 miles MTB at Arbor Hills.

Love the last two weeks of December esp. when its 80 out!

Comment

8 miles running @ 5am, 3500m in the pool with 20x100m on 1:35 as the main set after running and just wrapped up 20 miles MTB at Arbor Hills.

no doubt. Me and a friend went out to Grapevine and road till the sun went down. It was sad though the one day its 80 and not windy I was on the mountain bike.

Comment

All of that in one day? That's insane man. Someday I'll get there, but no this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X