Looking for workout help. Herniated Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for workout help. Herniated Disc

I am a far cry from the shape that I used to be in.

I was a power lifter in high school and ran track, however, other than a few stints in the gym, I've not had a steady work out regimen since then. I went to my nephew's regional powerlifting meet two weeks ago and decided I need to start getting my ass back in shape.

I'm no stranger to the weight room. I designed a lot of workouts for guys in high school, however, now I've got a herniated disc. I've just about come to terms with the fact that I will probably never be as strong as I once was with this injury. Though I would like to get back to some resemblance of my former self.

I've got an exercise regimen from my PT sessions, and I visit the chiropractor 1-2 times a month. I plan to get a gym membership and hope to add some kind of weight training to get back some of the tone and strength I used to have.

Is there anyone here on the board who has/had the same problem?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I have. Focus on strengthening your core. Thatsreally all you can do. Its worked for me. Try not to lift anything above your head or anything that loads your spine.
    2012 5.0 M6
    sigpic

Comment

I have a Herniated L5s1 that was TOTALY fucked.

the only thing it stopped me from doing was Deadlifts and Squats.

you have to be carefull when doing over the head movements that compress the spine.. but i hit all my MAX lifts besides squats and DL Well after i hurt my back... you just have to build up your ABs and spinel errectors to support your spine.. recently i went through a course of SPinal Decompression therapy at a Chiro.. that did a WORLD of good..
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Working...
      X