My Fit Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fit Foods

Has anyone else tried their food? I have been eating their stuff for a couple of weeks and it makes a cheap lunch that is pretty good.

They have a lot of stores in the Houston area where they started and are slowly spreading all over Dallas.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

They're too expensive for what it is...I basically do the same thing but for myself.

Comment

I've heard great things. Recently I've been buying already cooked Salmon, chicken and beef from Whole Foods in plano with great luck.

Also recently discovered a good hook up for really high quality steaks in DFW I plan on using this coming week.

What I like about Whole foods is the already cooked food comes in portions that are easy to make small meals out of, what I really need to learn to do is come up with some sort of healthy side item.
      -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
      -1993 Cobra- 700rw
      -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
      -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
      -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
        I've heard great things. Recently I've been buying already cooked Salmon, chicken and beef from Whole Foods in plano with great luck.

Also recently discovered a good hook up for really high quality steaks in DFW I plan on using this coming week.

What I like about Whole foods is the already cooked food comes in portions that are easy to make small meals out of, what I really need to learn to do is come up with some sort of healthy side item.
        I have been making a salad for my side item. raw spinach, radish, carrot, cucumber, grape tomato, alfalfa sprouts, and asparagus.......with a no fat dressing or light olive oil/balsamic vinegar
        May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
          I have been making a salad for my side item. raw spinach, radish, carrot, cucumber, grape tomato, alfalfa sprouts, and asparagus.......with a no fat dressing or light olive oil/balsamic vinegar
          Man i wish I liked salad. The only way I can eat it is chicken ceaser or with ranch, which kind of negates the point correct?
          -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
          -1993 Cobra- 700rw
          -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
          -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
          -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Man i wish I liked salad. The only way I can eat it is chicken ceaser or with ranch, which kind of negates the point correct?
            Pretty much. Try making a salad with whatever veggies you like, and whisk just a little bit of oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice as the dressing. It's very refreshing, and surprisingly tasty.

I haven't tried My Fit Foods, but a friend of mine used to have a similar business model called Fitness Fare. It failed due to mismanaged funds, but same concept, and was very good.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It defeats the purpose if your intent is only to reduce calories. But if you're just trying to eat more veggies go for it.

Try lowfat dressings like vinaigrettes and Italians. Typically I just eat mine with veggies, feta, and some hummus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                They're too expensive for what it is...I basically do the same thing but for myself.
                True, not cheap at all, at about $7-9 a meal. But the food is pretty good. It works good for me as I'll usually spend $10-11 on lunch every day anyway. So i come out cheaper and eat a lot better. I don't have much time to fuck with doing it all myself with my work schedule. Hell I have to get up at 4am if I want to work out and then don't get home until 7pm.
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  True, not cheap at all, at about $7-9 a meal. But the food is pretty good. It works good for me as I'll usually spend $10-11 on lunch every day anyway. So i come out cheaper and eat a lot better. I don't have much time to fuck with doing it all myself with my work schedule. Hell I have to get up at 4am if I want to work out and then don't get home until 7pm.
                  I really wish there were more places that I could eat at, I would pay a reasonable cost.
                  I live in Ft. Worth and it looks like they are not in this city yet, but I would like to try this place out some time.
                  The idea is great!
                  I actually have debated opening up a restaurant to serve people who want to eat tasty food and it also be healthy at the same time, but not sure there is much of a demand for the more expensive costs associated with eating healthy.
                  The problem that I see with this place would be portion size(for me).
                  Most places don't offer enough food for me.
                  It is one of the main reasons that I cook 95% of the total food that I consume.
                  I spend about 4-5hrs every Sunday preparing my meals for the week.
                  Do you work on the weekends?
                  Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 04-19-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                    I really wish there were more places that I could eat at, I would pay a reasonable cost.
                    The problem that I see with this place would be portion size(for me).
                    Most places don't offer enough food for me.
                    It is one of the main reasons that I cook 95% of the total food that I consume.
                    I spend about 4-5hrs every Sunday preparing my meals for the week.
                    Do you work on the weekends?
                    No, I don't work on weekends. There is no way I would spend that kind of time preparing food though. That is pretty hardcore. I'd pay a few dollars more for someone else to do it. My free time tends to be pretty valuable to me because my job is a pain in the ass on most days and my total workday is almost 12 hours going in/out the front door. Add another 2 hours to workout on weekday mornings a few times a week and there isn't shit left. I slept until 6:05 this morning and felt like I had been in bed all damn day.

You are right about portions, the average meal is about 500 calories. Based on your past posts I'd bet you can put down two of their meals pretty easy. One of their mediums isn't really enough for me but I make due on it. I burn more than the calorie content in most of their stuff just doing my running in the morning (3 to 3.5 miles at 9 min pace). The food there is geared toward being lean and mean rather than building a bunch of mass because the calories and protein aren't super high. Works perfectly for me (right now anyway lol) though as I'd like to try to drop some weight and run a half marathon.

Comment

I have a store across the street from my work and i was on that kick for almost a month for lunch at work. Then i got diagnosed with three gastric ulcers and havent been able to eat stuff like that since.

I honestly lost a little bit of weight just eating those for lunch. They taste amazing for diet food and have lots of flavor. 6 bucks for a meal when it cost 7.00 easily at mcdonalds.
                      See you later...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        I guess putting it that way, for a prepared meal it isn't too expensive...but I'm in the sane wagon as stingin...for me to get the nutritional benefit I need, I'd have to buy three portions. For me it's easier just to grill chicken abs fish and serve it different ways. Plus I eat about 3 meals during work hours.

If I worked your schedule...I'd probably treasure free time more as well however.

Comment

They bring us a bunch of free meals at work. I'd never actually pay for it though. Some of its good, some of it just tastes like matter...no real flavor.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                          X