Cutting and bulking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting and bulking...

Im not a workout expert, so i was wondering if its possible to cut certain muscle groups while bulking others all in the same workout? (not sure if im using proper terms, hopefully you get the gist of it)

Im wanting to get back in shape, and ive noticed one of my problems is that the bulky muscles i have (legs, forearms, biceps, traps, front shoulder area) have lost ALOT of their tone. But im also wanting to build/bulk up my weaker muscles (triceps, lats, pecs, back shoulder area) quite a bit.

Just wondering if i can do all this in the same workout or if i have to do bulking one day and toning/cutting the other....

Thanks for the advice

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

It's hard to build muscle and lose fat at the same time, but possible. With that being said, you should not be working that many muscles in any one workout.

Comment

Gonna take a lot of hard work to do it. I've found that what works for me is to bulk then cut while trying to maintain my strength. Best thing to do is eat plenty of healthy food, lots of protein, water, water, water and train like a mofo. Lots of heavy weights and cardio work outs.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Bulk first usually in the winter time, then cut in the spring.
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Am i better off cutting/toning first/for now, just to lose weight/get back into a more human, less rotund shape, and then start bulking??

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That's backwards but it is beach season. You will get toned and bigger by lifting weights. Just lift as much and as heavy as you can and do a shit load of cardio. You'll get there, I did it about 5 year ago. Stop drinking alcohol I you do.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I have great results when I add 30 mins of cardio AFTER lifting but I never do cardio on leg days(unless its a 10 minute warmup.) Eating clean is the key,though!

But honestly, I think you need to pick one and then do the other...

Comment

Bulking is overrated. Cutting is where it's at for the summer!

Comment

Leaving Cutting and Bulking for Pro bodybuilders.

Focus on recomp all the time. Building lean muscle and losing fat.
                  www.LockoutSupplements.com
                  discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

Working...
                  X