Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official Summer Transformation 2011 Info*

UPDATED!!

These are the Official rules to this years "Summer Transformation" Contest.

RULES

1. Contest will begin TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 1st. It will end JUNE 1st!
    2. Entry fee will be $20 and is due by MARCH 1st!
    3. Before pictures are also due on or before FEBRUARY 1st. These will be confidential but I'm sure there will be a before pics thread for those that are not shy. The more pictures the better! (Front, back, side, legs, flexed and relaxed). This will give the judges a better outlook for determining a winner. The pics must have you holding or showing a paper saying -DFWMS- to ensure the pictures are recent and for the contest.

We need 2 more volunteers to be judges.

ANTHONY S. is running the contest this year!
    IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS CONTEST, PM ANTHONY S. FOR HIS EMAIL ADDRESS AND PAYPAL SO YOU KNOW WHERE TO SEND MONEY AND PICTURES!

Any suggestions or questions please ask. That's what this thread is for.
    Last edited by Wish4svts; 01-10-2011, 10:30 AM.
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

If you all want someone who is not competing and pretty impartial to help work this out, I'm game.

I plan on losing weight this year too, but it's not about any contest for me other than getting faster at swimming, biking and running. That's all the motivation I need.

Comment

Those are pretty quick deadlines if you want any participants.

Comment

Those are the deadlines that have been being discussed in the other thread for over a month now! Everyone was saying they're in but no one would setup anything. I do agree though... We waited to long.
        Last edited by Wish4svts; 12-18-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Where are we to send the confidential/official pics to and where do we send the entry fee?

Comment

Seriously if you all want someone to head this up, I will do it. It will start on Feb 2nd though and run to June if I do it.

Comment

My suggestions to help make this more successful.

You can start the contest on the second if you like, but keep registration open until the 15th. And allow people until the 15th to submit their pictures. Those who choose to start on the 2nd will just have a bit of a head start advantage. The pictures should also include a date in addition to DFWMS.

You need to have a paypal account setup for people to send in their money.

Get the judges lined up and established before the contest starts.

Also have the participants submit a short bio with their current stats and fitness goals.

I won the last one, and want to participate again. I've done a good job devouring too much junk the last month.

I would also consider setting up a poll now to see who wants to participate, if there are only a few people it may not be worth it.

Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Agreed^^^^ I changed the dates for pics and money! We also need volunteers for judges. I've been waiting on the paypal in hopes someone else would step up to help handle either pics and info or money. I'm busy enough already but can definatley handle everything if need be.

Anthony S.- I'm all for you taking this thing and organizing the money, pics, info and stuff!! But I think most will agree FEB. is a little late! Everyone is already on or will be on their diets & exercise plans well before that.

Comment

February is better. Most people start on the 1st of January only to quit by February 1st. I started on March 1st last year. Trust me starting on Jan 1 is bad. The gym will be packed with resolutioners. Most of them will quit by 2/1 when they don't see biggest loser type results for their first two weeks working out.

I'll help judge, and I can store photos, and hold the funds in escrow or whatever needs to be done.

I want to help people down the same road I'm traveling myself. It's not easy, but it is worth it.

I lost 30# this year and will lose the same or more in '11.

I suggest the proceeds be divided up 60/30/10 among the top 3 to share the incentive. This helps keep people motivated even if one person runs away with 1st place. It also gives the 3rd place person a chance to win their money back at a minimum if we get 10 participants. They do this at a place I used to work twice a year.

Comment

Sounds good!! I'm down if everyone else is down! It all yours man. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                      I figure I will go ahead with the official rules for this years transformation contest. 0 GT 2 also said he would run it, plus said he could put up some prizes. I'll get with him via PM to decide who's handling what. Or if he or someone else wants complete control that's fine also! We just needed the base rules.

RULES

1. Contest will begin MONDAY, JANUARY 3. It will end MAY 3!
                      2. Entry fee will be $20 and is due by JANUARY 15!
                      3. Before pictures are also due on or before JANUARY 15. These will be confidential but I'm sure there will be a before pics thread for those that are not shy. The more pictures the better! (Front, back, side, legs, flexed and relaxed). This will give the judges a better outlook for determining a winner. The pics must have you holding or showing a paper saying -DFWMS- to ensure the pictures are recent and for the contest.

If you were an old judge and still want to do it please speak up... Otherwise we need volunteers!

Any suggestions or questions please ask. That's what this thread is for.
                      has a paypal been setup?

Comment

It's all up to Anthony S now. ^^^^^^
                        He doesn't want to start till February... Not my preference but whatever.

Comment

I just need to lose weight period.

Comment

Why is money being involved?? They didn't have an entry fee when it was done in the other site. Although donations were accepted for the prizes provided by greyhorse and company.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Hmmm Interest in this myself.. Ive gained some pounds since last year due to my new job, Id like to be back at 175/180..

Comment

Working...
                              X