Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grove rat View Post
    x2 on the bmx pedals. that's a nice ride tee, just seeing the pics now

Thanks braj. I put some new parts on it and dropped my asking price if you know anybody looking for a lot of bike per dollar.

Comment

• If anyone is interested, this Saturday (09/21) I'm doing a ride/tour at Fossil Rim: info. I'm planning on heading to either Solavaca or Dinosaur Valley afterward depending on the weather and what's open. Finish off with bbq and beer at Loco Coyote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
        If anyone is interested, this Saturday (09/21) I'm doing a ride/tour at Fossil Rim: info. I'm planning on heading to either Solavaca or Dinosaur Valley afterward depending on the weather and what's open. Finish off with bbq and beer at Loco Coyote.
        This was an awesome trip and I'd do it again. Some killer climbs but other than that the ride wasn't bad. Plus it was the only place to ride yesterday. The guides work with the animals (and just happen to ride) so you learn a lot too.

Black rhino pic: http://i.imgur.com/wqNGcO6.jpg

Comment

This was an awesome trip and I'd do it again. Some killer climbs but other than that the ride wasn't bad. Plus it was the only place to ride yesterday. The guides work with the animals (and just happen to ride) so you learn a lot too.

That's cool. I wanted to do this, but it was just to far with travel time. Headed down this sat to ride Solovaca and Cleburne State Park. Be at Solovaca about 10 if anyone wants to go. Great track.

Comment

That's cool. I wanted to do this, but it was just to far with travel time. Headed down this sat to ride Solovaca and Cleburne State Park. Be at Solovaca about 10 if anyone wants to go. Great track.

Comment

If anyone is interested, this Saturday (09/21) I'm doing a ride/tour at Fossil Rim: info. I'm planning on heading to either Solavaca or Dinosaur Valley afterward depending on the weather and what's open. Finish off with bbq and beer at Loco Coyote.
              Dino Valley is a great ride. Lots of work and tech skills required, but after a bunch of climbing, you're rewarded with a couple of nice downhill runs.
              Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

• Thought I'd share my new police bike (also take her home to get my HT fix). 2014 Rockhopper Pro Evo. I pulled all the red stickers off the frame and wheels but left the SPECIALIZED red.

Love this bike. Got some road tires to throw on it for when im at work. I'll put the ground controls back on when I ride the trails.

Comment

• ^cool cophopper

I dig the black and red. Other than your duty belt, what other gear do you carry on the bike? Lights/sirens?

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                    ^cool cophopper

I dig the black and red. Other than your duty belt, what other gear do you carry on the bike? Lights/sirens?
                    The bike itself is simplistic. My last pd wanted those jando rear tail bags and rack. I hated them... So. This bike has a small seat bag with repair tools, NR Lumina 550 headlight, and a NR LED taillight. Thats it. The tires will be switched to Specialized Crossroads Armadillo road tires. Oh and all police bikes must have toe retention. Preferred method is the toe hoods u see in the pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                      The bike itself is simplistic. My last pd wanted those jando rear tail bags and rack. I hated them... So. This bike has a small seat bag with repair tools, NR Lumina 550 headlight, and a NR LED taillight. Thats it. The tires will be switched to Specialized Crossroads Armadillo road tires. Oh and all police bikes must have toe retention. Preferred method is the toe hoods u see in the pic.
                      Do you have any good bike pursuit stories you can share?

Comment

• im 6ft 1, anyone selling a quality lightly used mtb?

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Do you have any good bike pursuit stories you can share?
                          Lol well. My last week in colleyville I was in a neighborhood that other ofcrs were breaking up a loud underage party. Little fuckers took off running after the ofcrs had been talking to them for several minutes. Lol, the ofcrs were gunna cut em a break if they turned it down. While they spoke to one of the kids, they piled out of the backyard in the dozens. I chased on my bike for fun. I wasn't gunna tackle a damn 16yoa for sneaking out the back.
                          My bike stories are really just sneaking up on people doing things they shouldn't be doing. Ive caught so much dope smokers in dark alleys and parking lots. Thats where the bike shines. Its able to go places a squad won't. And there relatively silent. But 90% of the time ur just riding thru neighborhoods and businesses making sure there stuff is staying safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            im 6ft 1, anyone selling a quality lightly used mtb?

god bless.
                            I bought from this place, after a suggestion from a board member.. 29er (Motobecane 429HT)

Save up to 60% off your next new Mountain Bikes. Learn about mountain bikes and which one is best for you in components, specs and geometry. Home to high performance mountain bikes for the mountain, for the city, for the family. Life is better when you ride any kind of bikes.

Knock of brand but supposed to be made in the same factories as your higher end stuff.

WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                              Lol well. My last week in colleyville I was in a neighborhood that other ofcrs were breaking up a loud underage party. Little fuckers took off running after the ofcrs had been talking to them for several minutes. Lol, the ofcrs were gunna cut em a break if they turned it down. While they spoke to one of the kids, they piled out of the backyard in the dozens. I chased on my bike for fun. I wasn't gunna tackle a damn 16yoa for sneaking out the back.
                              My bike stories are really just sneaking up on people doing things they shouldn't be doing. Ive caught so much dope smokers in dark alleys and parking lots. Thats where the bike shines. Its able to go places a squad won't. And there relatively silent. But 90% of the time ur just riding thru neighborhoods and businesses making sure there stuff is staying safe.
                              That sounds like fun. Is there a bicycle police academy where they teach you how to shoot from the saddle?

Comment

That sounds like fun. Is there a bicycle police academy where they teach you how to shoot from the saddle?
                                IPMBA is the entity that trains LE on bike patrol. Its a week long and goes over all aspects of climbing curbs and stairs to proper dismount on the move. It also teaches u how to peddle and brake properly. Some teach shooting but isn't required. Move dept have policy against shooting from a moving vehicle so I would assume bikes are included in that. I have been an assistant instructor in 3 seperate classes in the last 2.5yrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X