Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
      Idk. Carbon everything. Maybe the epic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
      That's a Stumpjumper Sworks hardtail. This is a carbon Epic. My newest addition.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

I bet that bike wheelies really well

Comment

I think I am going to get started with this one. Thoughts? I would like the Goblin better, but it's twice as much.

Comment

It's twice as much for a reason

Comment

I'm not doubting the Goblin is a better bike. I'm sure there is a bike that's $2500 out there that's better than the Goblin for a reason and then double that and so on. I'm 37 yrs old and looking for a decent bike to ride for some exercise, not compete with. For the price, I think it has a good bang for your buck in components. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by FullSizeMike View Post
                I'm not doubting the Goblin is a better bike. I'm sure there is a bike that's $2500 out there that's better than the Goblin for a reason and then double that and so on. I'm 37 yrs old and looking for a decent bike to ride for some exercise, not compete with. For the price, I think it has a good bang for your buck in components. Am I wrong?
                How much do you plan on riding?

How much do you weigh?

Where do you plan on riding?

How do you ride?

What kind of beer do you drink?

Comment

How much do you plan on riding? Couple times a week...mixed road/trail

How much do you weigh? 280 and dropping

Where do you plan on riding? I don't know, some of the trails in the metroplex for the most part I would imagine. I live in Flower Mound, so mostly around GV lake

How do you ride? like a pussy

What kind of beer do you drink?
                  that's a sore subject right now. weightloss surgery has cut my beer consumption by 100% I still abuse myself with liquor though

Comment

Originally posted by FullSizeMike View Post
                    that's a sore subject right now. weightloss surgery has cut my beer consumption by 100% I still abuse myself with liquor though
                    Well, getting boozed up and riding is a great way to exercise.

@ 280 lbs (bear in mind I'm no expert) you are going to be stressing the components, as most bikes aren't built/tested to suite rider of your caliber. I didn't say it's going to fall apart on you.

The two MTB I have owned have had component failure within a year of riding. I weigh 200 lbs, but I really pull off some xgames shit lol.

I cant speak for airborne's frame, but the aftermarket parts on it look like a great value. worst case scenario you could part it out and get some $$ back. Why not just find a killer deal on a used 29er with some hot parts?

Comment

I have been looking at various places trying to find a used bike. I have only been looking for a couple weeks, but finding one in the right size with good components, and for a price I want to pay is easier said than done. One concern I have is that if the bike takes a shit on me, it seems like the vast majority of frame warranties don't transfer to a second hand owner. I figure if i break stuff I can upgrade if needed as I go along.

Comment

You need to set aside $1k and check out pinkbike.com and craigslist. Strike while the iron is hot

Comment

Upgrading as you go can be a bitch, when the bike is out of commission, and when you wish you just bought a better bike to begin with.

Comment

I bet that bike wheelies really well
                            Just as well as any other..

Comment

Ok need some help. I'm so pissed I could kick a puppy. My work bike is a 11 rockhopper 29er. I go through tubes like a junkie on pills. I thought (as did bikes inc) it was my Schwable Big Apple road tires I had on it (in 2 months of ownership, I blew 4 up front and 3 in the rear). Bikes inc replaced them totally with some 700x38 crosstrail armadillo's that are even smaller in width. They are amazing for my riding style at work! No blowouts in the month I e had em. I do, once a week, replace them with my 29x2.0 captains so my brother can use it on the trails. I got to work today, aired them up from 30psi to 55 (tires are rated at 65psi) and strapped it to my car. I went to lunch at about 2am and realized my rear tire was flat. There was a small 1 inch cut on the inside of the tube, or the side that meets the rim. The rim seems ok as does the rim tape. I hadn't ridden yet tonight... I am just so damn irritated at this bs. Anyone have shit luck with tubes?
                              I know some will say there over inflated, but the captain's are rated at 65? Thank god my camber is tubeless. Can't on my rockhopper since I am changing tires weekly.

Comment

Be careful when taking tires on and off and reinstalling that you don't have the tube pinched in the rim or anywhere else. That could cause a tube to be cut. Check the wheel for burs and run your fingers around the inside of the tire to make sure you don't have any inbeded contaminants that could run or cut the tube.

Go tubeless and and avoid all of these problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X