Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike, take the wheels to your local shop and have them trued, and the spoke tension taken up a notch. You will thank me later. It shouldn't cost much

Thanks for the help. I will get them done. I will be out as soon as it shows up. I don't think it'll make it for the weekend, but for the 4th for sure. I have a trip up to PA the following week, hope to ride some good trails up there if I can find the time.

Comment

• the frame is the least important thing on a hard tail bike. as long as you have a good fork, brakes and components you will be happy. A good fit is nice too. make sure you are setup correctly. If you are not sure, pay the money to have a shop do a quick fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beej View Post
        the frame is the least important thing on a hard tail bike. as long as you have a good fork, brakes and components you will be happy. A good fit is nice too. make sure you are setup correctly. If you are not sure, pay the money to have a shop do a quick fit.
        Well, duh, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?

Man, firecrackers, ya stick 'em in mailboxes, you drop 'em in toilets, shove 'em up bullfrogs asses.

Comment

• I rode Big Cedar yesterday for my first time. Neither me nor my bike were ready for that one. lol. I only rode 9 miles of it before I just about broke my bike.

Comment

• Northshore tonight at 5:45 if anyone wants to roll 10.5-11 pace. Leave from Scout camp.

Comment

• If you ever thought of racing or want to come check it out and you live near Irving tonight is a good night. Wednesday Night Crit Series in Irving. Racing starts at 5:30 and goes to 8 or so. If you are interested let me know.

Comment

If you ever thought of racing or want to come check it out and you live near Irving tonight is a good night. Wednesday Night Crit Series in Irving. Racing starts at 5:30 and goes to 8 or so. If you are interested let me know.

http://www.wednesdaynightcrits.com/
                Mountain bike?

Comment

• Originally posted by FullSizeMike View Post
                  went ahead and ordered the goblin...just have to wait a few days on it.
                  has it arrived yet? i would like to have a look at it if you dont mind.

god bless.
                  Last edited by ELVIS; 07-11-2012, 11:17 AM.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    Mountain bike?
                    That is a negatory ghost rider.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      has it arrived yet? i would like to have a look at it if you dont mind.

god bless.
                      Sure. I have been riding out a Northshore a couple times a week. pm me if you'd like. -Mike

Comment

That is a negatory ghost rider.
                        Then know your role. Mountain bikes only, keep the spandex on the street.

Comment

Then know your role. Mountain bikes only, keep the spandex on the street.
                          Will do. I will leave the dirt to the guys too afraid to go fast.

Comment

• Just got back from a trip to western PA. I rode a trail in Apollo while I was there called Roaring Run. It was pretty fun. A lot of rocks/boulders/hills. I did some walking haha It was fun to ride something a little different though.

Comment

Will do. I will leave the dirt to the guys too afraid to get run over by assholes in cars.

That's a good idea!

Comment

That's a good idea!
                                I usually try and stay in larger groups to hopefully help the visibility of the riders. That is always in the back of my mind though. Someone texting or dicking around on their phone and not paying attention.

FYI, doing a lap at NS tonight at 5:45 if your interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X