Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beej are you slow on dirt or do you need someone to tow you fast??

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
      Beej are you slow on dirt or do you need someone to tow you fast??
      Our cruise control is usually 10-10.5 We can crank it up to 11.5 or so if need be, but I usually use this as a recovery ride after 2 hard 20+MPH road days and a 24-25 MPH crit on Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beej View Post
        Our cruise control is usually 10-10.5 We can crank it up to 11.5 or so if need be, but I usually use this as a recovery ride after 2 hard 20+MPH road days and a 24-25 MPH crit on Wednesday.
        Pace is irrelevant, I wanna know top speeds.

Comment

• ok, not sure what top speed has to do with anything but looking back at garmin data 21ish seems to be norm for northshore 24-25 at Horseshoe.

You might be able to hit a high speed but if you can not maintain it whats the point.

Comment

• ^ Don't say that to John Force

Comment

^ Don't say that to John Force
              Again, still trying to figure out what relevance top speed has on a single track mountain bike course. its not a 1/4 mile drag race. Please explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by beej View Post
                again, still trying to figure out what relevance top speed has on a single track mountain bike course. Its not a 1/4 mile drag race. Please explain.
                truth!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beej View Post
                  Again, still trying to figure out what relevance top speed has on a single track mountain bike course. its not a 1/4 mile drag race. Please explain.

How fast can you ride a wheelie? I think that's more important that top speed

Comment

• Has anybody ridden those trails in rockwall off Lakeshore & 205?
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

How fast can you ride a wheelie? I think that's more important that top speed
                      My bike wheelies really well.
                      Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                      Has anybody ridden those trails in rockwall off Lakeshore & 205?
                      Squabble Creek? Yes. Very easy trail, very tight and twisty, but fun for a novice. A great place for an intermediate rider to work on picking lines. Lots of cover from the sun, makes a good night ride too.

Comment

• Who's got the hookup on mtb tires? Or a site with discounted tires? Looking for some replacement Specialized The Captain 29x2.2 and 29x2.0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                          Who's got the hookup on mtb tires? Or a site with discounted tires? Looking for some replacement Specialized The Captain 29x2.2 and 29x2.0.
                          You won't find a deal on Specialized tires, generally. Dorba members get 10% off at most local bike shops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                            Who's got the hookup on mtb tires? Or a site with discounted tires? Looking for some replacement Specialized The Captain 29x2.2 and 29x2.0.
                            Take a look at the ground control tire. As much grip as a captain but faster. Just switched and I'm loving them.

Comment

• Glad the tire topic came up. I need a pair of road tires for my Camber 29'er. Was looking at the Schwable Big Apple, but turned off by the weight.

Ideas? GO!
                              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

• Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                                Glad the tire topic came up. I need a pair of road tires for my Camber 29'er. Was looking at the Schwable Big Apple, but turned off by the weight.

Ideas? GO!
                                Buy a road bike

Comment

Working...
                                X