Insanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity

Who here has done it? Yesterday me and some friends started it with the meal guide and it got my ass kicked on just the 25 minute "benchmark test". I used to think i was in decent shape. The meal plan also said I need approx 3000cal it gain/maintain. It said like 2600 to maintain. Now Im 6'2 185 and Im pretty skinny for my size, except for my gut. Of course I ate a shit ton of fast food too. Should I not worry about getting to the 3000cal and get more along the lines of 25-600 and see how i feel?

It's a good workout. I definitely wouldn't use it to gain mass considering it's more cardio based calisthenics. The trick to getting through the 45 minute workouts is to not try and keep up with everybody on the video. Go at a moderate pace that lets you work the whole time without taking a buttload of breaks.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

With this workout once you get consistant with it you're burning calories bigtime. You might even have to increase your intake per their meal plan to maintain energy, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
        It's a good workout. I definitely wouldn't use it to gain mass considering it's more cardio based calisthenics. The trick to getting through the 45 minute workouts is to not try and keep up with everybody on the video. Go at a moderate pace that lets you work the whole time without taking a buttload of breaks.
        that's not a bad idea. how many calories do you think you burn in a work out? Also any recommendations on a supplement/protein/recovery drink i should get/use? I have about 2.5 pounds of syntha 6 I used when I lifted about a year ago, would that be a good start?

Comment

You might wanna try the P90X or something a little "easier" for a few weeks to get into better cardio shape first. I've heard that workout is insane!

I just got the KettleWorx DVD set, the 10 minute Fast Fat Burner kicked my ass! I'm on day 3 of the workout, and so far I am liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by gav91183 View Post
            that's not a bad idea. how many calories do you think you burn in a work out? Also any recommendations on a supplement/protein/recovery drink i should get/use? I have about 2.5 pounds of syntha 6 I used when I lifted about a year ago, would that be a good start?
            I have no clue. really gonna depend on how well you keep up. Probably anywhere from 4-600 if you give it your all. As far as supps go, I only take protein powder. I just use Pro Complex by O.N. There are probably better proteins out there but I'm a creature of habit and it tastes pretty good.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
            X