This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
    Either that or off pins in a power rack......partial movements are applicable to strength training believe it or not.
    I still don't get what kind of strength training that is applicable to. These are the same twits who stay far away from a traditional bench, hang around the smith machine their entire workout because they're afraid to actually use stabilizer muscles because they don't have any. The body was meant to move. It wasn't meant to be so one dimensional with a list of excuses.
    Out of curiosity, what's your best bench?
    207 on a good day.
    Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    I'm gonna try the closer grip and tucking my elbows a bit more. Maybe that will make you anal lubes happy.
    ... and blow out your tendons, ligaments and triceps because you haven't trained to lift heavy with a different grip position. Good plan. Remember, you said that 1 inch was "non-existent." Stop the nonsense and just get it done.
    Last edited by SS Junk; 08-26-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Sure thing big guy.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        So you bench on a smith machine and the bar does not come close to touching your chest? What kind of strength training is that?
        No, it's not on the smith machine. It allows me to further overload my muscles past what I can do in full ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          I still don't get what kind of strength training that is applicable to. These are the same twits who stay far away from a traditional bench, hang around the smith machine their entire workout because they're afraid to actually use stabilizer muscles because they don't have any. The body was meant to move. It wasn't meant to be so one dimensional with a list of excuses.
          LMFAO, yeah rack pulls and presses are just for twits. You're confused as to what the workout is.

Similar concept on the press or bench press.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            I must have forgot to say that I'm not competeing professionally...oh wait. A guy at work wants me to spot him maxing out this week. I'll try and go down to my chest. As far as the olympics go, I don't think bicep curls and bench press are in their list of lifts that they perform.
            According to your train of thought, we should measure and define the minimum distance any weight travels through the duration of the lift, and stop there. Regardless of lift, you're doing it wrong if you're cheating. Telling yourself that you're cheating for a reason is one thing, but don't delude yourself into believing that you're doing it right.

Comment

I know these losers are pretty big on rack pulls and even use those pussy bands on them. Lol
              Slow moving projects
              1964 C10 350/700r4
              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

so who here while benching pressing keeps their back to the bench and your full feet planted to the floor. i have seen muscled freaks do bad lifting habits. even thou he is not going all the way to his chest its resistance he is doing. ive seen it many times.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  so who here while benching pressing keeps their back to the bench and your full feet planted to the floor. i have seen muscled freaks do bad lifting habits. even thou he is not going all the way to his chest its resistance he is doing. ive seen it many times.
                  Form is not the same thing as completing a lift. And you obviously don't know what constitutes a proper lift. Your ass and shoulders have to touch not your entire back. When I competed it was very common for people to arch like the chick in the link posted here to a lesser extent. However feet must be flat and head cannot come of the bench as well asEven lockout, stabilized weight...lots of rules that we don't care to talk about because this is a lift he hasn't even done.

I take it you do the pussy half bench too?

Comment

Oh snap, I just got called a pussy by an accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                      Hey he did tough mudder...
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Engineer zomg!!!
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

First off...are there really that many bitch ass cakes here that can't do a proper bench press?

Second, I'm not an accountant nor have I done the tough mudder. But I have PROPERLY benched over 300...

Slow99 knows all about that engineering sweetness. You get your job in the Big D yet?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            First off...are there really that many bitch ass cakes here that can't do a proper bench press?

Second, I'm not an accountant nor have I done the tough mudder. But I have PROPERLY benched over 300...

Slow99 knows all about that engineering sweetness. You get your job in the Big D yet?!
                            Got the call with $ numbers friday. Offer letter comes tomorrow morning, so it's now a matter of negotiating to work out of their Dallas office.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Hahaha, bitch ass cakes. Point still stands!

Not "can't" and not "don't", but chest to bar bench is not the only way I bench.

Comment

Hahaha, bitch ass cakes. Point still stands!

Not "can't" and not "don't", but chest to bar bench is not the only way I bench.
                                Not a single person said it was the only way. But it is the only way to claim a max.

Comment

Working...
                                X