Cotton Patch Challenge GTG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton Patch Challenge GTG

A few of you expressed some interest in riding the Cotton Patch challenge in September. It is held in Greenville as part of the Rally Around Greenville. There are several distances, 21, 31, 41, 58 and 63 miles. I also believe there is a time trial as well. I plan to sign up for the 21 mile route. How many want to commit to riding with me?

If we get enough riders, we may be able to get a good price on some DFWMustangs team jerseys.

Attending:
    Black2002ls 31
    Beej game time decision
    TeeShock 21 mi
    Anthony S

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by black2002ls; 09-11-2013, 09:22 AM.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Can I get a sticky?

Comment

Date correction: it is in September, not August

September 21st according to RBM's website

$30 to register
      $28 for a group

Last edited by black2002ls; 07-26-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

If anyone is interested in one of the longer rides at ~16 mph let me know. If no one else commits I'll do the 21 mile with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
          If anyone is interested in one of the longer rides at ~16 mph let me know. If no one else commits I'll do the 21 mile with you.
          The way I felt after my 10 mile yesterday the 31 or 41 may not be out of the question. I had some stiffness in my lower back late in the day, that could be a problem, time will tell. Also, I am a bit slow right now. My rides average 11-11.5 mph, though most anywhere I ride there is a lot of traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            The way I felt after my 10 mile yesterday the 31 or 41 may not be out of the question. I had some stiffness in my lower back late in the day, that could be a problem, time will tell. Also, I am a bit slow right now. My rides average 11-11.5 mph, though most anywhere I ride there is a lot of traffic.

Man my back kills when I ride. It may have to do with your bar positioning from what I've read.
            where are you located? Man hit the trinity trails. Paved, with no traffic. hit it dude.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Man my back kills when I ride. It may have to do with your bar positioning from what I've read.
              where are you located? Man hit the trinity trails. Paved, with no traffic. hit it dude.
              I am out in Greenville!

Comment

I will probably do the road race and crit. State road race is the next weekend so warmup for that will be nice.

Comment

I'll do the ride on 9/21. I'm down for either the 21 mile or the 31 mile race. Can we edit the first post to keep a list of who is going to ride?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                    I'll do the ride on 9/21. I'm down for either the 21 mile or the 31 mile race. Can we edit the first post to keep a list of who is going to ride?
                    Done. I am thinking about riding Hot Rocks in Rockwall on Aug 10th

Comment

You can add me as an attendee. I'm planning on the 63 mile.

Comment

Cool, looks like we will have a few running the short/mid courses and a few riding the full route. When I get home I will update with the length everyone is riding so we can try and ride together if we decide to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                          I will probably do the road race and crit. State road race is the next weekend so warmup for that will be nice.
                          My goal is to get to the race stage of riding. Can you give me some info/guidance? Websites to look at?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            My goal is to get to the race stage of riding. Can you give me some info/guidance? Websites to look at?

The best advice I can give you is just get out and train. Hook up with local shop and start participating in group rides. Get good at handling your bike in groups and riding in pacelines, and knowing the rules of a group. Once you feel comfortable with that get your license and come out to a local crit. Best place to start. You will start as a cat 5 and racing against others in the same boat as you. As you learn how to race and get faster you can cat up.

Unfortunately the season is pretty much over but there are tons of groups that ride around town and will through out the winter. Train hard over winter and start racing in the spring.

Where do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                              The best advice I can give you is just get out and train. Hook up with local shop and start participating in group rides. Get good at handling your bike in groups and riding in pacelines, and knowing the rules of a group. Once you feel comfortable with that get your license and come out to a local crit. Best place to start. You will start as a cat 5 and racing against others in the same boat as you. As you learn how to race and get faster you can cat up.

Unfortunately the season is pretty much over but there are tons of groups that ride around town and will through out the winter. Train hard over winter and start racing in the spring.

Where do you live?
                              I am in Greenville, so no less than an hour from the good LBS's. I plan to pick up a trainer before winter. It will help on those days I get home after dark and when it is just too cold to ride. I started doing some HIIT rides this week. My plan is HIIT during the week and long rides on the weekends with a recovery day on Mondays. I would like to think I can be in shape come spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X