X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Testosterone Naturally

Found this interesting:
    http://betterbodyguide.com/the-extra...-cold-showers/

yeah, because i need my schween to be smaller than it normally is.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

So after making vague posts all day yesterday, we finally get to the Spam.

Comment

I double checked the link and didn't see anything for sale, ref spam.

Comment

I take a cold shower after sitting in the sauna quite often, and it definitely invigorates you. I do it for circulation as the article talks about, and for the little shock to the senses to get those neurons firing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I take a cold shower after sitting in the sauna quite often, and it definitely invigorates you. I do it for circulation as the article talks about, and for the little shock to the senses to get those neurons firing.
            Have you noticed a weight loss? How long after the shower do you feel more invigorated compared to a hot shower? Is this invigoration in the realm of endurance or strength?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ5 View Post
              Have you noticed a weight loss? How long after the shower do you feel more invigorated compared to a hot shower? Is this invigoration in the realm of endurance or strength?
              There are so many factors in burning fat, that I don't put too much credence in cold showers being some magical remedy. Perhaps it could help, but only if you're already eating right, counting calories, and doing regular cardio. I put on weight in the past few months actually, so the cold showers haven't done much to combat a crappy diet.

With the test boost, I'll only believe it when I see a study done that actually measures free test before a morning cold shower regimen, and after. Until then it's nothing more than a placebo effect. If it works for you though, and motivates you, then so be it.

Cold showers absolutely do raise your heart rate, and kick-start your nervous system with the sensory stimulation. As soon as you step under the water, you'll take that deep "oh shit!" breath, and see exactly what I mean. I've never put much thought into quantifying how long the effects last, but certainly at least a few hours.

Hot showers don't invigorate, they relax and calm. The physical act of getting in the shower will wake you up in the morning, as compared to laying in bed, but that's due to moving around, not the hot water. Athletes will sit a hot tub to relax their muscles, not to wake up. Get under a cold shower and your entire body will tense up for a moment, not just your sphincter.

Comment

Oh, and as far as endurance and strength, a cold shower does nothing more than raise your heart rate slightly, and make the mind more alert. It does nothing for muscle conditioning, and very little for cardiovascular conditioning, so it's by no means a replacement for endurance and strength training.

Comment

There is so much more to consider, especially with proper diet and supplementation. Insulin spikes, what spikes it for how long. All the below matters way more than taking a shower at a certain temp.

Healthy fats, even saturated, you need in order to lose weight and promote free test.
                  Coconut oil is excellent and raises your BMR.
                  Stop cooking with olive oil, it converts into trans fat with high heat.
                  Stop promoting estrogen.
                  Cigarettes, alcohol are both great promoters of estrogen in the body.
                  Eat foods that reduce estrogen; bell peppers and kale both have an effect on aromatase reductase.
                  Learn the GI index. Limit even natural sugars from fruits. Fruits are high GI and only good after intense w/o.
                  Oatmeal and brown rice are both great low GI carb sources.
                  Promote testosterone! Zinc! There are foods that do increase T especially in older males.
                  BCAA's, take them. They nurture the muscles and have zero effect as far as insulin spikes go.

Taurine, multivite, fish oil, BCAA's, whey, casein, maltodextrin and more are part of my everyday supplementation. Eating and supplementing properly can become expensive, but you need to decide what really matters to you. Do you truly want to achieve your "goal" you have set? If so, you must do whatever it takes to achieve it. If you do not consume yourself with achieving it, then its never going to happen! Get your ass in the gym and workout!

EDIT: Sitting in the sauna for extended amounts of time is a waste unless your goal is to detox your organs. For weight loss, forget it. If your goal is to draw toxins out of your skin, go ahead and grab some epsom salt and take a nice warm bath.
                  Last edited by Dlachance; 11-15-2013, 07:28 AM.
                  Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                  Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

I get my testosterone the old fashioned way, in a needle from Mexico!

Comment

Working...
                    X