Cravings for Sweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cravings for Sweets

What do you guys do to get past them? For the last couple of weeks I have been craving sweets, and I never used to before. I have been eating almonds when I get the cravings but it seems to be getting worse.

Any suggestions?

You have too much estrogen. Take some test. Do you cry during sad movies too?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      You have too much estrogen. Take some test. Do you cry during sad movies too?
      lulz, no, only when I run out of bon-bons.

Comment

Really, though, they have some pretty sweet protien bars out there these days. That should do the trick.

Comment

try ben and jerry's peanut brittle ice cream!! YUM

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I fulfill my cravings with fruit on occasion or a protein shake(most of the time).
            Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Really, though, they have some pretty sweet protien bars out there these days. That should do the trick.
              I have never had a protein bar before. What are some brands to look for?

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              try ben and jerry's peanut brittle ice cream!! YUM

god bless.
              Don't tempt me.

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
              I crave mine with fruit on occasion or a protein shake(most of the time).
              I am afraid of eating too much fruit. I try to limit myself to a fruit a day. I need to start looking at protein shakes too though.

My goal is to lose another 35lbs. I have already lost 30, but I am hitting a plateau.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                What do you guys do to get past them? For the last couple of weeks I have been craving sweets, and I never used to before. I have been eating almonds when I get the cravings but it seems to be getting worse.

Any suggestions?
                I am mildly obsessed with Jamie Eason - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fitnes...n/327738720573

She posts recipes on her fb and bodybuilding.com, this one rocks and it is not "bad" for you... made some last night and they are so good!

Low Carb Cinnamon Sugar Almond Cookies (makes 24)
                Preheat oven to 300 degrees
                2 egg whites
                4 packets Truvia
                1 tbsp Agave Nectar
                1 tsp vanilla extract
                1 tsp cinnamon
                1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I used vanilla Lean Dessert instead of whey)
                2/3 cup almond meal
                Add egg whites, Truvia, Agave, vanilla and cinnamon to a medium sized bowl and whisk well. Add protein powder and almond meal and stir until combined. Use a tsp to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle top with cinnamon/sugar (opt.). Bake for 15 min.
                1 cookie:
                27 calories
                1.6g fat
                2.1g carbs
                1.9g protein

Comment

I too suffer from sugar cravings, big time. It has always been an issue with me, I just love sweets. I wouldn't worry too much about eating fruits, especially if it helps your cravings. Eating a little more fruit is much better than binging on something else.

<--- gave up junk food for 2011

Comment

Gum

I share a desk with a heifer and she has it stocked with mike and ikes and hot tomallies and chocolate ,you name it. Its hard not to snack on that shit.

When i run out of gum i notice i eat that shit like a horse with a feed bag on.

Comment

Ive also been bringing jerky set amounts as snacks.

Comment

You know....my problem is quite the opposite. I love the fucking salty foods!! And that is not good for me since I have high blood pressure. Even though I've lost so much weight I still have it. It's genetic in my case. Anyways, I can probably go without sweets, but when it comes to salty stuff I sometimes can't refuse. :-(

Comment

Working...
                        X