Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Met a goal before December ended! Did it today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met a goal before December ended! Did it today!

I really, really liked CrossFit when I was doing it, but just could not get a good handle on eating enough to stop loosing weight and not taking a shit-load of insulin, (plus had to stop for recovery after surgery), so I never started back up. I went to the gym and just did a WOD once per week, and did pushups/pullups the rest of the time. Not too long ago, the CrossFit side of the gym closed down, so I just did pushups at home, skipped a few days, etc...

When I started doing the pushup/pullup work outs in mid Nov. I was doing 3 sets of max rep's pushups with a 5 minute rest between sets. I was in the mid 20's to 28 range per set. My goal before the end of the year was to do all 3 sets of at least 40.

Today, I did it! The 3rd set was hard on # 38, 39 and 40, but I did it! It's not a lot, but for me, it was a goal I set and reached. Happy camper today, LOL!

Now I gotta get my pullup bar mounted at home this weekend and work on those. Haven't done one in a while!

Congrats, Rob!

Comment

Nice work. Embarrassed to say I couldn't do two pull ups prior to crossfit. Lol. Forward grip, not reverse. I was also doing girlie push-ups when I started, come a long way since then. Not as many as you though. Congratulations for making your goal.

Comment

I still need to work on my pullups bad! I started out doing 2, forward grip, not reverse also, only way to do them! I'm up to 10 now, or I was last time I tried my set. Strict, not kipping too, LOL.

Here is the pullup workout I am doing: * wait 3 hours after or before the push ups before doing these.

Day 1: 5 sets of max rep pullups, 90 second rest between sets

Day 2: Pyramid method. 1 rep, wait 10 seconds, 2 reps, wait 20 seconds, 3 reps, wait 30... until you fail a set. Wait 10 seconds and do last set completed.

Day 3: Pick a repetition number that allows you to complete 9 sets, 3 wide, 3 regular and 3 narrow grip. 30 second rest between the grip sets, 10 between each set.

Day 4: Same as day 3, add 1 rep if you can

Day 5. Do the hardest workout set above again.

Comment

I loved doing pull up when I was living in an apartment. I would hang from the door frame top and do pull ups. worked out my grip as well. I still want to get a weight vest to wear while doing pull ups.
          congrats

Comment

Man its going to suck the day im too fat and old to do 40 push-ups.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I read it that you did 3 sets of 40 pull ups, and was like "holy shit! There's no way I could do that..." Still, 40 push ups is a decent amount of work Rob, congrats.

That may not seem like much to you Matt, but pushups don't come easy for those that don't regularly work chest in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I read it that you did 3 sets of 40 pull ups, and was like "holy shit! There's no way I could do that..." Still, 40 push ups is a decent amount of work Rob, congrats.

That may not seem like much to you Matt, but pushups don't come easy for those that don't regularly work chest in the gym.
                Aaron, no way I can do 40 pullups, even in 3 sets broken up! I'm almost done installing a pull bar in the garage, so I can return to those workouts too. My goal there is 20 pullups in one set. That''l take a little time...

I also joined Metro Flex gym, and Donald is working my ass off! Weight training instead of CrossFit or kettlebells.

Comment

i have been looking into olympic ring, most i have seen hang them in the garage. would like a stand for the ring.. something to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    i have been looking into olympic ring, most i have seen hang them in the garage. would like a stand for the ring.. something to look into.
                    You can use eye hooks into the ceiling, or a pull up bar once mounted.

Comment

Lincolnboy,
                      here is the setup I have in my garage now. Got it on Amazon (2 orders) for like $135 shipped I think.

Bar is 48 inches across, and I think 31 inches from the wall.

Comment

Working...
                      X