Runners & Riders - Chisholm Trail Pkwy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runners & Riders - Chisholm Trail Pkwy

Chisholm Trail Parkway is scheduled to open to traffic in May 2014. The 28-mile toll road in Tarrant and Johnson counties has been in the planning since the 1960’s. A milestone this big deserves a Texas-size celebration and events are being planned to do just that.

Community leaders along the corridor in Tarrant and Johnson counties are working together to plan this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will include running and cycling events and a celebration and concert in Cleburne. All events will be family-oriented activities.

Tentative schedule of events:

Saturday, May 10: Run and Ride the Chisholm Trail Parkway includes cycling and running activities.

Click here for registration information.

For runners:
    Half-marathon – a point to point race beginning at FM 1902 in Johnson County and ending at Edwards Ranch Road in the new Clearfork development. Participants will be bused from the staging area to the start line.
    5K - An out and back route over the Trinity River from Edwards Ranch Road.
    1-mile kids’ fun-run from Edwards Ranch Road.

For cyclists:
    Bike rides of 12, 30 and 50 miles beginning and ending at Edwards Ranch Road.

Post-race activities will be held in the Clearfork development which can be accessed from either Hulen Street or Bryant Irvin Road.

Please visit this website often for updated information.
    Just thought I would share... I may do the 50 mile ride once registration opens

That's fucking tits. I'm probably ride the 50.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

+1 for the 50 mile ride.

Comment

i loved working on that job, right at the trinity river segment. watching love the women in tight walking/rumning on those trails.

Comment

Did anyone register?
          I'll be doing the 50M.
          I got an e-mail this week and all of the events are SOLD OUT!
          I'm pretty excited, hope I can hack the 50. I'm not quite in the shape I was last summer.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Did the 50... That wind going south was brutal, coming back was great.

Comment

NO fucking shit man. the wind killed. It was primarily uphill on the first half, too.

Check out my mile times in comparison.
              Most were around 6 minutes going out and I had several sub 3 minute miles (im proud of 2:20) coming back. Only stopped once too. Not terrible being the first long ride ive been on in about a year

Last edited by HarrisonTX; 05-10-2014, 06:38 PM.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I waited too long to register and it sold out. I'm pissed I missed it. I did a Richardson Bike Mart ride that morning and the wind was rough at times. I'm doing 64 miles in Richardson this weekend though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                  I waited too long to register and it sold out. I'm pissed I missed it. I did a Richardson Bike Mart ride that morning and the wind was rough at times. I'm doing 64 miles in Richardson this weekend though.
                  Nice man, There's a ride here, the Burleson Honey tour in 10 days. I'll probably do the 46 miler. They have a 70, I just don't feel like that yet this year. I'd like to get a 100M in soon though.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                  X