60 shoulder pullups
    75 upper ab situps
    300 bicycle kicks
    300 low hanging bicylce kicks

My diet:
    Breakfast is a banana
    snack: 1.5 oz of raw almonds
    lunch: Tilapia with either greens or carrots
    snack: fruit salad (grapes, strawberries, pineapple, blackberries)
    snack: orange
    Dinner: Chicken breast with sweet potato's, mushrooms and spinach, corn on the cobb, or zuchinni and squash
    dessert: Light vanilla yogurt with fruit (same as above) or 1 apple with 2 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter

At 25 years old I was sitting at 250lb's

I have not plateud but I am looking for any new workouts that would amp up the results in becoming leaner and adding more definition.

I am getting the INSANITY workout tomorrow and wanted to know if this workout will get me the results that I am looking...anyone on here have experience?

I am looking to start the Insanity Workout

At your height and weight, you probably won't see much results. You need to add weight training. In all honesty, you should probably stick to what you're doing, and maybe add some olympic weight lifting. I think that a total body heavy lifting regiment will yield great results with you. Also, up your caloric intake. Your protein and fat intake needs a huge boost as well.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Proper weightlifting is what you need. Doesn't need to be Olympic style...just true weight regiment.

No insanity
      No P90x

And most importantly...absolutely no crossfit

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Proper weightlifting is what you need. Doesn't need to be Olympic style...just true weight regiment.

No insanity
        No P90x

Regimen.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

No insanity
          No P90x

Ouch.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'd avoid insanity if I were you. I have done insanity before. You must be incredibly lean to have that little weight at 5'10. You aren't going to add muscle/size on insanity. I added a little, but I was over 180 @5'6/32" waist when I started

I saw real gains when I started lifting heavy. I've gone from 152 in March to 165 right now and I've lost a little more fat and waist is 29".

You need to hit the weight hard. You either have a 27" waist already or 12" arms.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Comment

These video are such a huge gimmick. Using people that are allready fit/musclar. When the brain see those people, your brain is in o i want that video and want to look like them... the same for alot of these fat burner/ lean pill ads. They show a before and after. Those people are body builder on their off season and then on their on season. If you know about body building when on off season they want to gain weight, to be bigger on on season.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                These video are such a huge gimmick. Using people that are allready fit/musclar. When the brain see those people, your brain is in o i want that video and want to look like them... the same for alot of these fat burner/ lean pill ads. They show a before and after. Those people are body builder on their off season and then on their on season. If you know about body building when on off season they want to gain weight, to be bigger on on season.
                Though I don't disagree that there's a lot of misdirection in the fitness industry, P90X looks to be a genuinely fun way to keep cardio and plyometrics interesting for beginners, both of which have been a corner stone of healthy living ever since we stopped having to chase our meals.

You have to be realistic about your goals though, and look at the before/after models that are "regular folk" in the video for inspiration, not the professional athletes they hired to demonstrate the moves.

Comment

I dropped 25 lbs doing T25 6 days a week and cleaning up my diet a bit. My diet wasn't terrible to begin with but it's better now. My weight loss seems to have peaked though, which is fine by me - I'm in pretty good shape now and it's sustainable.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                  X