Advice on Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Supplements

I have made a "life choice" to begin working out again to help relieve stress and improve my overall health. I also plan on beginning the police academy in July so I need to get going now in hopes of being well on the way to where I want to be before i begin classes.

I have "tested" variance supplements in the past but never really stuck with them(all of which are no longer offered). I have my "routine" down and will have my meal plan completed soon. I am now to the point of choosing which supplements I want to use to aid me in my progress. I have researched a large amount of them but can't really decipher which ones do what exactly. I know the ones recommended by various websites but thats paid advertising so I take it with a grain of salt.

I currently weigh in at 135 at 5'4". My short term goals are to turn the fat into muscle while adding mass as well. This seems very vague^ to me but someone may be able to lead me in the right direction.

What do y'all use and what do I need to AVOID AT ALL COST? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I would like to purchase from Lockout Supplements if they have what I need. Does Grayhorse post anymore?

The latest pro-hormone ban has made pretty much everything that works worth a damn for gaining mass illegal, except for highly caloric food.

Honestly, if you've been out of the gym for an extended period of time, it'll be a while before you hit any kind of plateau. I would focus on increasing your calories by adding more lean meats and healthy carbs, and bang out the weights.

Creatine might give you a good "kick-start" with a quick boost in scale weight due to water retention, and it helps stamina. Other than that pick a good multi-vitamin, maybe joint support, and EAT.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. My meal plan will be heavy on lean proteins and healthy carbs. I am using a "mass gainer" exercise program. I am using a creatine supplement now and went ahead and got a pre workout drink as well; will use the minimum serving for both and see if it does anything for me.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      The latest pro-hormone ban has made pretty much everything that works worth a damn for gaining mass illegal, except for highly caloric food.

Honestly, if you've been out of the gym for an extended period of time, it'll be a while before you hit any kind of plateau. I would focus on increasing your calories by adding more lean meats and healthy carbs, and bang out the weights.

Creatine might give you a good "kick-start" with a quick boost in scale weight due to water retention, and it helps stamina. Other than that pick a good multi-vitamin, maybe joint support, and EAT.

Comment

Eat clean. Tren hard.

Try taking a carb supplement preworkout like karbolyn.
        Simple amino acids as intra/post.
        Maybe a recovery if you buy into that.
        Protein.
        Multi-v.

Once you join the force they will juice you up so just get by in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
        X