Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    If you're only taking in 700 calories a day, you're probably going to lose muslce mass as well as fat. Your body will burn 2x+ that a day just maintaining basic body functions.

While you are dropping numbers on the scale, you're not doing it very healthily is all I can say.
    Well this jackwagon that uses my desk on the opposite shift got me sick so I have missed the last 2 days in the gym and am about to force myself to go now even though I am not 100% better. I have had zero appetite for the past 2 days and forced myself to eat a cup of soup and couldn't even finish it.

I knew that dropping the calories that low was not the best way but I have tried other diets in the past and this was the best way that worked. If I can get over this sinus cold or whatever it is that asshat gave us, I will up the calories. Right now food just makes me feel like shit even looking at it.

I knew I was going to loose muscle dropping them that low but actually I have put on some in my upper body.

I figure in a week i will be up to 1500-2000 calories a day but I will be in the gym everyday for an hour plus.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I finally got my own scale on 04/08 so I can now weigh myself in the privacy of my own room. Plus no one else is jacking with it throwing off the consistency.

I also changed the way I weigh. Before I was wearing clothes and since I wear the same type daily (cargo pants, boots, t-shirt and long sleeve shirt) I was able to determine that my clothing was worth 8 pounds. Now all my weights are without clothes on. That and I think the old style scale (sliding weights) was giving me lighter numbers than what my new cheap digital one says.

04/08 192.8
      04/13 189.0

Down almost 4 pounds in 5 days. Those are all fresh out of bed readings. I have been keeping a log of both before I go to sleep and afterwards. It is interesting to see the difference. At night before bed I will weight about 1-2 pounds heavier than in the am. The nice thing is that my log shows all downward trends in weights though.

I have been consitently in the gym for an hour at least each day. I have been alternating weights and cardio for the past month and this week I am going to add 15 minutes of cardio to my weight nights. My regular cario nights are already an hour.

Looking for 180 or less when I leave Afghanistan for R&R in 21 days. Then it is cruise time.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I've had some days I'm 5-6 pounds lighter in the AM, than the PM, but with the amount of water I was drinking I could see that, especially since I was up to pee twice in the night and again first thing when I woke up

I was 261.5 today, hopefully that slump in the low 260s is over, and I'm back on the weight loss train, probably went 2-3 weeks between 265-263.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          I've had some days I'm 5-6 pounds lighter in the AM, than the PM, but with the amount of water I was drinking I could see that, especially since I was up to pee twice in the night and again first thing when I woke up

I was 261.5 today, hopefully that slump in the low 260s is over, and I'm back on the weight loss train, probably went 2-3 weeks between 265-263.
          I usually lose between 3 and 4 pounds a night when asleep.

I have gained a few pounds, but started running at night and changing some things up with my intake. My body just seems to be fine at 230ish. It was what I maintained for almost 10 years, and now that I am back to it, I can't get under it.

Comment

• Well I have managed to lose about 7lbs since February. When my birthday came in early March I gained like 8lbs in 2 weeks. That really set me back. So as of this morning I am down 87lbs with 3 weeks to go for my 1 year anniversary. It seems to be getting more an more difficult to lose weight consistently with the workouts I am doing. With that said I have decided to take the plunge and join a gym. My work will do a payroll deduction and I will have full access to all the branches. This is very exciting to me cause now I can begin the final stages of my transformation and convert all the fat (mainly belly and arms) into muscle. Wish me luck folks! This is new territory for me and something that I've been needing to do for myself forever!!

Comment

• I weighed in yesterday at 205lbs! This feels soo great getting closer to under 200lbs. I've really changed the way I eat, I don't eat that much throughout the day mainly just eating smaller portions. Still been in the gym here & there, staying more active though for sure. I would have never thought from last December to now I'd be down 27lbs.

Comment

• First off, congrats to everyone...both for your accomplishments and having the courage to share your stories.

I've always been a big guy, but maxed-out last March at around 305lbs (5' 11"). That was my breaking point.

I've been mainly focusing on my diet, but not doing anything near as dedicated as I've read in previous threads...just cutting out (or back on, honestly) the big, obvious things (fast food, soda, sweets, etc...). I dropped down to 265 pretty easily, and am proud of that 40lbs, but want more. I haven't done anything additional, and have hovered in that 265 range.

Another thing I did was to start riding motocross. It's extrememly physical and requires a ton of stamina. For me, it was motocross, but a very common theme I'm finding is to simply find a physical activity that you love. Whether it be tennis, running, riding...whatever. I'm upgrading my bike and looking at buying a truck so I can get back to riding at local tracks more often...kinda looking at it like an investment in my fitness instead of just another toy

This week I started to really focus on things again. I dusted off my eliptical and put it to use. When I got it last year, 15 minutes was a challenge. I'm now doing 30 minutes at a speed of 6.0 (heartrate hovering around 165), or so, burning around 300 calories (as shown on the uncalibrated eliptical). My goal is to use my eliptical for a minimum of 30 minutes every other day, trying to increase duration and intensity as I go.

I'm also being very careful with not eating when I'm bored. I'm staying busy. Finishing up projects and making committments with friends so that I don't have as much time on my hands. Here's another big one too: I avoid people who have poor eating habits and try to hang around with friends that eat healthy. Nothing makes you feel fatter than ordering a cheeseburger when your skinny friend is getting a salad.

One of my challenges is that I travel most every week for my work, so I'm eating out constantly and will have to wait in line (literally) for a machine at the hotel. I actually do BETTER with my diet when I'm on the road, cause I know I'm forced to eat out and therefore I make very careful choices and really watch portion sizes.

My weight has always been a very personal thing for me...a source of shame and a real self-confidence killer. I've never wanted to talk about it and was always afraid to declare "I'm going to try to loose weight" because I didn't think I could do it, and I didn't want people to be like "I thought you were gonna loose weight??". But by participating in this thread, I'm putting myself out there and going to make a committment to myself to do better.

I'd love to see myself at 200lbs. That would make me so so happy! At this moment, I'm 258.8, but I just ate lunch (baked chicken breast & snap peas) and drank 2L of water (that's 4.4lbs). I figure I'm roughly 1/2 way to my goal, and I'm proud to share that with you guys.

I just had to renew my driver's liscense. Check out the old vs new pic. This is motivation for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                  First off, congrats to everyone...both for your accomplishments and having the courage to share your stories.......
                  Good job Jason!! I completely feel your plight man. Weight has ALWAYS been an issue for me. This last year has been life changing for me. I have faced many of my fears and overcome many of my challenges.

My biggest fear is relapsing. (yes obesity and eating is like overcoming a drug addiction) But the truth is that I have come so far these days that going back would be flat out be stupid and detrimental to my future.

Good luck to you. And everyone keep it up!!!!!!

Comment

• I know exactly what you mean man. One of my main goals is to not ever go back up in weight. And I don't mean a 5-7lb fluctuation, but once I hit the 240's, I'm telling myself that I'm NEVER going to see 250 again....that kinda thing.

Let's do our best to stay honest with each other and help each other out!

Comment

• I agree!! The sad thing, for me, is that my fucking work has blocked this site now. So I'm checking this on my iPhone. I'll try my best to return and see everyone's progress. Until then.....keep on keeping on! Lol!

Comment

• 253.8 as of this morning. Trying to keep busy today so I don't sit around, get bored and eat.

Comment

• Just reached the Green level on nike+ and am getting ready for a few more coming up!

Here's a pic from warrior dash, I want to cut my time from 29 to about 26 (in the jailbreak...similar course and distance).

Target 5K time is around 24...that one will be tougher.
                          Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 02-17-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• A 5K at around 24!? Damn that's booking it! I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill yesterday in about 41mins.

Comment

• New to this thread.

So I decided to hire a personal trainer for five months. We measured me in last week and I was 130lbs and sitting at 18% BMI. My goal is to get to 15% BMI and gain 10 lbs of muscle. This way I look toned and healthy. Since I'm not that far from my goal, he seems to think it will take a couple of months. I will update as I go along. I'm actually excited about being able to work out again and feeling 10x better already.
                              See you later...

Comment

• I just did 3 miles on the eliptical through the "hills" section in 35 minutes, not really pushing myself too hard but definitely working up a sweat.

Now eating baked chicken with some peas. Good stuff. I wanna see 249.9lbs SO SO SO bad! Hopefully by Friday, if I stay focused.

Comment

Working...
                                X