No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started back to the gym April 18th.. weighed myself at 4:30 in the morning before hitting the gym for the first time in about 3 years... and saw 274.3.. biggest I have ever been.. Inching toward that 300 mark was really getting to me.. Im about to turn 29 and wanted a change..

Needless to say Im on my way.. the next Monday the 26th..weighed again before the gym.. I was down to 267.8

And again on the 2nd was down to 263.3..

The main thing I have done is cut my calorie intake by probably half.. down to 1500-1700 a day started walking a few times a week.. usually 2 or 3 miles.. and hitting the gym.. trying to do some jogging but that's kicking my ass..

I think the thing I hate the most is how weak I am at the gym.. used to bench 275-295 3 sets of 10 now Im struggling 205 8 or 9 times... But It will come back.

Just posting here to get some feedback and to track my self a little better. sorry for rambling..
    Last edited by Dinger; 05-03-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinger View Post
      Just started back to the gym April 18th.. weighed myself at 4:30 in the morning before hitting the gym for the first time in about 3 years... and saw 274.3.. biggest I have ever been.. Inching toward that 300 mark was really getting to me.. Im about to turn 29 and wanted a change..

Needless to say Im on my way.. the next Monday the 26th..weighed again before the gym.. I was down to 267.8

And again on the 2nd was down to 263.3..

The main thing I have done is cut my calorie intake by probably half.. down to 1500-1700 a day started walking a few times a week.. usually 2 or 3 miles.. and hitting the gym.. trying to do some jogging but that's kicking my ass..

I think the thing I hate the most is how weak I am at the gym.. used to bench 275-295 3 sets of 10 now Im struggling 205 8 or 9 times... But It will come back.

Just posting here to get some feedback and to track my self a little better. sorry for rambling..
      Congrats on taking the first steps! Nice progress really fast!
      For running, the couch to 5k is a good program. It eases you into it with intervals of walking and jogging. You can google it and there is an Android app: C25K, too. It's designed for those of us who never ran, but want to start.
      Also lots of searching running technique on youtube can help. IMHO, form is more important than what you put on your feet! We learn to swim and lift weights with proper form, but the majority of people think one foot in front of the other is all you need to know. I'm a huge fan of the book "Born to Run"...was really hard to put down!

-Jonny
      2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
      '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Well today marks my 1 year anniversary (to the day of the week, tomorrow is the actual day) that I embarked on a life changing journey of gaining my life back. It has been a very frustrating, exciting, up, and definitely down year. All in all I am VERY happy with the decision that I have made and am excited for the next years to follow.

In that year I have managed to lose officially 90lbs. I have gone from a size 46 waist to a size 38. My 2X shirts are too big for me now. I am able to run consistently for 5 miles and maybe even more. When I cycle a 20 mile ride is the norm (mind you that I ride a mountain bike). My blood pressure is under control and so is all my other vital functions. I feel like a brand new man and can finally look forward to my future as a healthy individual. I want to thank all of you that have offered words of encouragement along the way. Every single time someone gives me encouragement I take it seriously. I am nowhere near done but I am most definitely encouraged to see this through and officially continue to live my life this way.

I know I am not an expert at this yet. But I will say this, if any of you need any type of advice or encouragement, feel free to call on me. After all that I have done I feel the need to help people. Obesity is a real issue and should not be taken lightly. For many years I didn't care about myself or where I was taking my life. Once I realized how important all that was, my life changed forever. Good luck to all of you that are in the process. And if you are struggling just know that if you stay dedicated and motivated your results will follow!!!!!

Comment

• 90lbs in print is impressive, but have you picked up a 45lb plate in each hand and walked around the gym at all? That is huge, Boss! Just awesome!!! When you hit 100lbs lost, someone better throw you a party! That's a big deal!

What keeps you going? Do you get your inspiration from someone, something, a goal?

-Jonny
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
            90lbs in print is impressive, but have you picked up a 45lb plate in each hand and walked around the gym at all? That is huge, Boss! Just awesome!!! When you hit 100lbs lost, someone better throw you a party! That's a big deal!

What keeps you going? Do you get your inspiration from someone, something, a goal?

-Jonny
            Thanks brotha. Well I haven't actually carried that weight around a gym. However I had gone to Dallas on Spring Break this year. I was down 85lbs at that time. I went to Walmart with my brother as he was looking to buy an entertainment center. So.....he had done something to his back and didn't want to hurt it further. He asked me to lift the box into the shopping cart. It was 85lbs. I simply couldn't believe how heavy that shit was. It was at that point that I said NEVER AGAIN!!

What is my main inspiration? I can't say that I have a central inspiration other than the fact that I was simply disgusted with my health, habits, and lifestyle. I was drinking a lot. I was eating the wrong things. And being a super big fat ass simply hurt. Everything was a struggle. Everything from tying my shoes to even wiping my ass (yes it's sad but true and I am not ashamed to admit it because I'm sure it's a bigger problem than people care to admit). Anyways the bottom line is that I wanted/want it THAT bad. I always knew what I needed to do but I just never actually took the time and effort to do it. Another thing is that my mom was just as bad off in her health as well. Only she went to the Dr and her test results were grave. So on that day that she got her results (5/6/10) we made a pact that we were going to change our lives. My mom herself has lost 53lbs and she's only 5'1''. She and I have been there for each other the whole way. When I am down she brings me up and I do the same for her. And I think one of the most important things in all of this is that I have done it for MYSELF.

Comment

• Did my last training session for the week today. I have lost 7lbs in two weeks. I have been supplementing my lunch with a protein shake and veggies so that has helped. Now that I'm at the weight I want to be at, I'm going to continue to eat healthy and start building on some muscle so I can look toned.

I have been taking Jack3d before workout and I can tell a pretty big difference in energy.

I will post a picture tonight when I get home.
              See you later...

Comment

• Sorry crappy cell phone pics.

2 week progress
                See you later...

Comment

• Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post

Sorry crappy cell phone pics.

2 week progress
                  You look great!!

Comment

• I call for a Koopa and Imay pose-off!!

I'm holding off weighing myself till after my first 5k race on the 14th. I'm so ready for this run!! I ran my ass of this week! I "feel" lighter and I'm starting to see the old me as the weight melts off!

-Jonny
                    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Since today is my anniversary I decided to post a side by side photo.
                      4/4/10 - 5/5/11

Comment

• Wow...nice work man. I'm struggling to find the motivation to work out today, but that helps. Keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post

Since today is my anniversary I decided to post a side by side photo.
                          4/4/10 - 5/5/11
                          DUDE! You are a machine! Nice work! Keep going and post some 6 pac photos up the road! THAT will blow some minds!!! You even went to a smaller watch...NICE! haha

-Jonny
                          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Since today is my anniversary I decided to post a side by side photo.
                            4/4/10 - 5/5/11
                            pure awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                              Wow...nice work man. I'm struggling to find the motivation to work out today, but that helps. Keep it up!
                              Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                              DUDE! You are a machine! Nice work! Keep going and post some 6 pac photos up the road! THAT will blow some minds!!! You even went to a smaller watch...NICE! haha

-Jonny
                              Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                              pure awesome!
                              Thanks very much y'all!! I can't wait till I am completely done. I don't know all about getting a freaking six pack. Lol!! All I know is that I want to remain healthy is all.

Comment

Thanks very much y'all!! I can't wait till I am completely done. I don't know all about getting a freaking six pack. Lol!! All I know is that I want to remain healthy is all.
                                You look a lot healthier in general!
                                Keep up the good work!
                                You inspire a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                                X