Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I am pretty sure I could do a half marathon at the 10 min pace. I'd like to try.
    holla when you sign up. im gonna run my first half sometime this year.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
      I'm currently 5'7 at 220lbs, I've lost about 12lbs over the past year. I was at 232lbs which was my heaviest ever. My motivation is killing me, I'll get back into things then after a couple weeks I fall back out. I've got to get my shit together and finish what I'm starting here.

My short-term goal is within 2 months to be as close to 200lbs as possible, alot of cardio and weights will be taking place. Long-term goal is back to the 185lb with 11% (or less)BF mark I was once at when I was in my prime!

I don't smoke, and rarely ever drink. Working on adjusting my eating habits and eating healthier too.
      Wow, takes ya back a bit when you see your older posts when you started.

As far as updates, there's good/bad-

Good:
      Currently at 195lbs
      BF % Lower
      Went from a 40 inch waist to 34-35 currently

Bad:
      Injuries...Runners Knee which is beating me down! As well as my wrist has bothered me for a bit now as well. Both are my right knee & right wrist.

Comment

• I think that I'm becoming one of those elitist crossfit douchebags. Today I ran a mile, did 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats, and ran another mile in just over an hour. In all of my years in a normal gym, I never would've accomplished so much in that amount of time. For overall fitness, I just don't see any better alternative workout programs. Plus, the comradery that comes with being part of a crossfit box is amazing. In the three months I've been doing it, I've made some really good friends and feel some sort of weird obligation to myself and to them to show up and give everything I have.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• You did Murph's workout. Good man! I will be doing that tomorrow with a weighted vest. Going to put a few friends through it lol. Gotta love seeing purple spots during a workout!

What you mentioned about feeling obligated to show up is awesome. So many people just don't care and it is no skin off their back. That kind of camaraderie is what pushes me through all of the workouts I have to go through.
          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• Not sure if this really applies to this thread, but maybe it's motivation. Because, if I can do it, anyone can.

Completed my first tri this weekend. It was pretty short, so it was more of a sprint.
            The whole thing only lasted 92 minutes for me.
            I actually ended up 2nd in the Mens 18+, and 3rd overall (beating relays teams).
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• weighed 229 tonight was able to do 95 push ups.this scale im using jumps around alot though so dont really know what i weigh

Comment

• Originally posted by AMJ View Post
                weighed 229 tonight was able to do 95 push ups.this scale im using jumps around alot though so dont really know what i weigh
                Good job dude. I know the feeling on the scale jumping around. The 2 scales at my gym read differently so I keep tabs on measurements instead.

Sitting at 220 pre-workout tonight. Kicked up cardio again on nonlifting days and started switching from running to the stair master. Got my 2 mile run down to 17 minutes with walking the first minute to warm up the knees. Going to try to knock that down to 15 flat. Tonight I did 281 flights of stairs in 62 minutes, my goal is to hit 300 flights in the same time frame without stroking out....lol.

My weight training is slowly getting there. Shoulders, arms, legs and back are coming around. Chest is getting bigger and wider, but flat bench is still sub par to where I think it needs to be. Almost able to get 225 up without a spot, but have been concentrating on form and dumbells as of late. It will come in time. Been battling a pulled lower back muscle from deadlifts last week and my chronic shoulder issue that comes and goes. Still enjoy pushing myself and getting healthy
                2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• hell yeah man keep it up i have a torn rotator cuff when i was doin bench i was doin working out with 4 sets of 10 with 190lbs and could have done more.i have a resistance set up called the machine is called bio force which is about 5lbs off.what really helped was i quite eating as much and stopped drinking as much.

Comment

• I completed 30 days so far of my body transformation i'm attempting. Goal is to have visible abs by my 30th bday.

Comment

• Comment

• The only thing different is that you shaved...

Keep it up Nate, that's great for a month's work actually. You'll have ab definition in another month or so if you keep at it.

Really good progress when I look at April's stats for me...

225.6lbs
                        231.1lbs
                        230.2lbs
                        225.4lbs

Travelling for work blew my fat loss out of the water, but at least I'm still getting strength back. Woo-friggin-hoo, 2 tenths of a pound!

Comment

• good job nate.keep it up youll get there.atleast your biceps arent retarded lol.

Comment

• Thanks guys.

Aaron - really think its only a month out? I figured 2+ with as much belly fat as I still see.

Comment

• you're gonna have to start dancing around in the shower to get wet.

Comment

• Assuming that you are doing crunches along with the diet, yeah, I think you'll start seeing them in about a month. I'm not talking Calvin Klein underwear model ripped, but the definition should start becoming visible.

If you haven't been doing crunches to tighten up your abs though, then you'll have to get a bit leaner to see any definition, which will take longer. For example, I'm at about the same body composition as your after shots at the moment, maybe a little fatter, and the seperation down the middle is already visible because my abs are a bit larger from the years of training.

I'd say it'll be another 3 or 4 months before you're "ripped" if you keep after it.

Comment

Working...
                                X