No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get quite a bit of ab workout daily in BJJ (we do 30 crunches/ab movement at warm up, and 2 sets of 50 crunches/some other ab workout at the end of class) plus adding some Abs into the end of my S&C Session.

Comment

• Great job Nate!
      Keep it up!!!

Comment

• I'm down from 255lbs over the winter to a lean(single digit) and hard 240lbs now.
        Been doing 2 a days since January and got the diet down pat.
        Prob won't stop all the cardio I am doing until viens are everywhere!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
          I get quite a bit of ab workout daily in BJJ (we do 30 crunches/ab movement at warm up, and 2 sets of 50 crunches/some other ab workout at the end of class) plus adding some Abs into the end of my S&C Session.
          Hey buddy. Good work so far. Working your abs is good but I would suggest squeezing down on that diet and increasing your workout intensity. Also do HIIT if you are not.

Doing ab workouts are not going to do much for you at your current fat % level as far as looks are concerned. Of course performance in your core will improve but I am assuming you are wanting to work down to seeing that cut right below that 3rd row of lower ab region.

Keep at it!

To build a strong core you are going to need to push yourself outside your comfort zone... That means really getting after it and turning what you typically do for a normal core workout into a warm up!

Bust ass man
          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• did 150 push ups the other night and also weighed myself and the scale said 225 with my steel toe boots on.
            Last edited by AMJ; 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMJ View Post
              did 150 push ups the other night and also weighed myself and the scale said 225 with my steel toe boots on.
              Awesome bro. I remember when I started last year barely being able to do a single push up. Now in between flat bench sets, I throw in sets of 20 to get the burn going.

I'm still at the same weight. Hit my goal and did 313 flights of stairs in 62 minutes and still working on my 2 mile run time. Best time on that is 16 minutes...but it's slowly coming down. Yesterday I left my comfort zone and did a crossfit workout with a friend who has been bugging me to try it out with her. It was fast paced and I learned a few things. Overall it was a great workout and very different then my normal routine. I don't think I can balance the 2 with work and life in general, but I'm going to incorporate the things I learned into my lunacy to keep my body guessing. Tonight is my 15 month mark and i am nowhere near the end of this journey
              2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• yeah tonight is about 5 months into mine just doing everything at home did 10dips on my porch weighing in at 233 with the steel toes.i weighed myself at a friends and the scale at home is accurate as my dad weighed hisself the other day before he went to the doctor and at the doctors office it was the same.

Comment

• Here are a few recent pics. Still have a long way to go, but still working at it every day.

217. Took a long time to start showing some muscle....very small biceps at that...lol

Some cardio shots. I started running again. I'm not designed to run, but give it hell.

^friday night

^tonight.
                  Still walk the first minute on the treadmill to get the joints warmed up and used to the movement. I am pretty proud of myself.

I haven't been comepletly focused on my workout the last 2 months. My mom is battling cancer so I am just not 100% committed like I was. I hope to bounce back and try to hit my next goal. I am going to try to get down to 200# just to see if I can. If I can't, then I won't be too bummed, since I am doing things still that I never thought I could.

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                    Here are a few recent pics. Still have a long way to go, but still working at it every day.
                    Looking good man, congrats on the progress.

Comment

• Just keep it up Justin! Fuck yeah DUDE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordblue625 View Post
                        Looking good man, congrats on the progress.
                        Thanks. Sure as hell beats the alternative.

Don't plan on stopping Jeff. Still not where I want to be, but at least my bitch tits are disappearing :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                          Thanks. Sure as hell beats the alternative.

Don't plan on stopping Jeff. Still not where I want to be, but at least my bitch tits are disappearing :-)
                          Shiiiiiit... My bitch tits are still there

Comment

• Originally posted by aCid View Post
                            Shiiiiiit... My bitch tits are still there
                            Come hit a chest rotation with me sometime

Comment

• I weighed in at 219lbs on the dot yesterday afternoon, so that's 6.4lbs for the month, which is much better than the net of 0.2lb last month.

This has been way slower progress than I've ever had before when leaning up for summer, but I'll tell you that I'm not jonesing for a cheeseburger like usual, and my strength has been holding steady, and not dropping like a rock as usual. We'll see what's up at the end of June, I'll be ecstatic to be able to maintain this slow progress, but I have a feeling that I am going to have to tighten up the diet some more, and add more cardio to get much leaner. I might not have such a chipper attitude by then. heh

Comment

• Diet sucked in may. Really need to clean it up.

April 1 and June 1 weights are exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X