No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job Nate...much better look, not to mention the feeling that progression gives you inside!
    Keep it up!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
      From where I was (253 max weight) to where I'm at now. I feel like a different person.

Now time to put some lean mass back on while maintaining the fat loss.
      Pick up a 60lb dumbbell, and imagine carrying it around in a backpack all day, every day. Not to mention the lifestyle changes that have been needed to necessitate the losses, you are a different person.

I'm sure you already know this, but be careful with the bulking, you'll put the fat back on muuuch faster than you burned it off, and a lot faster than the new muscle. Increase your clean calories to facilitate the growth, it's not an excuse to start eating junk again.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        Good job Nate...much better look, not to mention the feeling that progression gives you inside!
        Keep it up!!!
        Absolutely...you are a bit inspiration for the "get the work out in, no excuses"

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Pick up a 60lb dumbbell, and imagine carrying it around in a backpack all day, every day. Not to mention the lifestyle changes that have been needed to necessitate the losses, you are a different person.

I'm sure you already know this, but be careful with the bulking, you'll put the fat back on muuuch faster than you burned it off, and a lot faster than the new muscle. Increase your clean calories to facilitate the growth, it's not an excuse to start eating junk again.
        Yeah and I'm heading to Ireland/Italy for 2 weeks immediately after October 5th, I imagine I'll put a few lbs back on.

Comment

• I keep seeing this thread pop up. And its time. I'm tired of being overweight. I've tried a few things in the past and didn't stick with it. I feel I need more structure. I just don't know where to start.
          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I keep seeing this thread pop up. And its time. I'm tired of being overweight. I've tried a few things in the past and didn't stick with it. I feel I need more structure. I just don't know where to start.
            How bad do you want it? Just kind of want it, or do you really want to actually do it?

I am not an expert but I am more than happy to help you get started, but YOU have to put in the effort and really want it.

Comment

How bad do you want it? Just kind of want it, or do you really want to actually do it?

I am not an expert but I am more than happy to help you get started, but YOU have to put in the effort and really want it.
              I do. Not only is it affecting how I feel now. It's affecting what I want to do with my life.
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Where do you live?

Comment

Where do you live?
                  Carrollton

Comment

Yeah and I'm heading to Ireland/Italy for 2 weeks immediately after October 5th, I imagine I'll put a few lbs back on.
                    Here's a visual that will help you steer clear of the pasta and Irish wiskey, when you lose fat, you are shrinking the contents of your fat cells, not eliminating the cells themselves. It's a lot easier to fill those cells back up than it was to gain the weight the first time.

Comment

• Look at it this way Ben... You don't see any young fat firefighters or EMT's do you? Time to get your ass in gear. Plus you'll get laid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                        Look at it this way Ben... You don't see any young fat firefighters or EMT's do you? Time to get your ass in gear. Plus you'll get laid!
                        I know kneegrow

Comment

• 189 lbs today. 14 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks cut.

Comment

• WTG Nate.

I'm finally back to being committed to trimming down, and have lost about 15lbs since mid-August. That's actually coming off faster than I was planning on, but my strength hasn't been affected yet, so no complaints. Now that the initial water weight has come off, I expect that to taper down a bit. I'm good with a pound a week at this point, I'm in it for the long run.

No fat-burners this time, and I've cut my coffee down to 2 cups a day. Just a solid diet, and moderate cardio 3-4 times a week. We'll see if I keep it up once the strength starts to dwindle...

Comment

• Motivation /Tracking Thread

Trying to lean, down to 239.

Comment

• Trying to push your head back?

Comment

Working...
                                X