Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cannon View Post

Trying to lean, down to 239.
    You came back after a year to post a picture of yourself giraffe necking?

Comment

• After gaining some sympothy weight with having a baby last may I reached my heaviest ever at 211. Today I weighed in pre workout at 195.

I'd honestly like to stay at about 200 but damn it's tough for me to keep weight when I work out. My body just leans out. I don't do cardio outside of work either.
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
        After gaining some sympothy weight with having a baby last may I reached my heaviest ever at 211. Today I weighed in pre workout at 195.

I'd honestly like to stay at about 200 but damn it's tough for me to keep weight when I work out. My body just leans out. I don't do cardio outside of work either.
        Wait did I miss something.

Whitetrash is a chick?
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Wait did I miss something.

Whitetrash is a chick?
          No. Sympothy weight is when you gain weight with your chick.
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

• Haha! Kevin has a vagina!

Comment

• Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
              After gaining some sympothy weight with having a baby last may I reached my heaviest ever at 211. Today I weighed in pre workout at 195.

I got comfortable myself since the last update, and "bulked" up to 255. That's 20lbs just because (holiday season), if she ever gets pregnant, I'm fucked. lol

Fortunately I'm the strongest I've ever been as well, so the plan is to slowly whittle away the flab, no crash diets or speed stacks. We are heading to Texas/Mexico in August, so that's a nice little dangling carrot, that's about 6 months to drop 30lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                I got comfortable myself since the last update, and "bulked" up to 255. That's 20lbs just because (holiday season), if she ever gets pregnant, I'm fucked. lol

Fortunately I'm the strongest I've ever been as well, so the plan is to slowly whittle away the flab, no crash diets or speed stacks. We are heading to Texas/Mexico in August, so that's a nice little dangling carrot, that's about 6 months to drop 30lbs.
                Great plan, I was in your exact seat this time last year and dropped down to 220-225lbs by summer with single digits so it definately can be done and you can do it as you've done it before!
                As you know, the real key is just to stick with it and keep making progress.

Comment

Kinda in the same spot as you. I've lost all my want to, to be in the gym this week. I'll make myself go tomorrow and sunday just to get some days in. I'm supposed to be going to Vegas in July with a bunch of buddies so I need to get my ass in gear

Comment

• Man oh man. After havin not trained legs in probably 15 years, I'm friggin sore. Note to self, ease into new stuff
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                      Great plan, I was in your exact seat this time last year and dropped down to 220-225lbs by summer with single digits so it definately can be done and you can do it as you've done it before!
                      As you know, the real key is just to stick with it and keep making progress.
                      You've definitely got it down, if I had half the self-control, I'd be golden. I am fired up right now, but the key will be to STAY fired up. Right now my slacks are almost painful to wear because I refuse to get a bigger size, but we'll see what happens when I'm back into them comfortably. So far at a month in, dieting is a lot less painful when I'm not at a 1k calorie deficit, living on plain chicken, rice, and veggies. I've consciously kept some of the "good" stuff, like regular salad dressing, red meat, and other sources of fat. The old me would cringe at anything with any saturated fat at all, but this is a long-term plan, not contest prep.

I've only lost 4lbs in the last month, which is oddly satisfying, because I'm still 100% fired up, and there's been no drop in strength yet. We'll see what's up in another month, hopefully I can drop 6lbs to get back on track with the 5lbs per month goal. The rubber will meet the road when the strength start to go, but quite honestly, that's not near as important as it used to be.

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                      Kinda in the same spot as you. I've lost all my want to, to be in the gym this week. I'll make myself go tomorrow and sunday just to get some days in. I'm supposed to be going to Vegas in July with a bunch of buddies so I need to get my ass in gear
                      July will be here before you know it, seriously, get your ass in gear this weekend.

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                      Man oh man. After havin not trained legs in probably 15 years, I'm friggin sore. Note to self, ease into new stuff
                      Been there, done that, and I don't envy you.

Comment

You've definitely got it down, if I had half the self-control, I'd be golden. I am fired up right now, but the key will be to STAY fired up. Right now my slacks are almost painful to wear because I refuse to get a bigger size, but we'll see what happens when I'm back into them comfortably. So far at a month in, dieting is a lot less painful when I'm not at a 1k calorie deficit, living on plain chicken, rice, and veggies. I've consciously kept some of the "good" stuff, like regular salad dressing, red meat, and other sources of fat. The old me would cringe at anything with any saturated fat at all, but this is a long-term plan, not contest prep.
                        I still cringe at certain foods and fats...salad dressing being one of them, LOL.
                        But...I don't live without my peanut butter!
                        I tried life without it once and life simply didn't feel complete!

I don't think anyone can live fruitfully on just boiled chicken, plain rice, and steamed veggies for an extended period of time...YUCK!!
                        I eat very healthy all the time and it's all about preparation...as in marination and creation of flavor to keep things interesting.
                        As you said...and as I have always said...this is a marathon, not a sprint.
                        Keep us posted and stay on track!

Comment

• I haven't been in this thread in a while... figured maybe posting a recent update will keep me motivated for the next few months. After a 10+ month break I've been back for about two months now.

One month ago my 3RM on bench was 255. This week my 5RM was 265.

One month ago my push press max was 175. This week my strict press max was 185.

Last summer I pulled a 405 deadlift. A couple weeks ago I hit a 3RM of 385.

Man it feels good to be back. The lifts are coming back easier than ever for sure.

Comment

• I won't post again for a while until the lifts are up bit I did a 5RM squat today.

5x135
                            5x225
                            5x245
                            5x265
                            5x285
                            5x300

Finally put a belt on at 300 and had more in me but stopped bc the next workout was full of thrusters.

Will update in a month.

Comment

I've only lost 4lbs in the last month, which is oddly satisfying, because I'm still 100% fired up, and there's been no drop in strength yet. We'll see what's up in another month, hopefully I can drop 6lbs to get back on track with the 5lbs per month goal. The rubber will meet the road when the strength start to go, but quite honestly, that's not near as important as it used to be.
                              Here it is exactly a month later, and my total is 7lbs, so only a net loss of 3lbs this month. I'm a little disappointed that I haven't hit he 5lb/month goal, but still stoked that I'm dropping weight while gaining strength. I'll take 7lbs of fat burned over 15lbs of water and muscle any day.

It's warming up outside, and so is my motivation. I'm back to doing daily cardio, so I hope to at least maintain my progress, and preferably get back on track with the 5lbs/month. As the days get longer it will be easier to get up in the morning to walk/jog.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              I haven't been in this thread in a while... figured maybe posting a recent update will keep me motivated for the next few months. After a 10+ month break I've been back for about two months now.

One month ago my 3RM on bench was 255. This week my 5RM was 265.

One month ago my push press max was 175. This week my strict press max was 185.

Last summer I pulled a 405 deadlift. A couple weeks ago I hit a 3RM of 385.

Man it feels good to be back. The lifts are coming back easier than ever for sure.
                              If only we could always make gains like after an extended rest... Keep it up!

Comment

• Not too much new with me. Still doing my thing and going on a little over 2 years now. Still not where I want to be, but sitting at 226 after tonights session. I still have about 15#s of slop that I am playing hell with getting rid of. The positives is I look like I lift, the bitch tits are slowly going away, arms are getting cut, shoulders are rounding out and back is strong. Legs are about the same. Started my running of 3-4 miles nightly back again and cut out bad junk from the diet.
                                2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Working...
                                X