No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep on keepin' on dude, in my experience that "last 15lbs" is exponentially harder to lose than all of the preceeding weight, and even harder to maintain. Every last calorie counts.

Comment

• Great job R1psycho!
      Keep it up, you have really made some great progress!
      Gotta love that feeling it gives you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Here it is exactly a month later, and my total is 7lbs, so only a net loss of 3lbs this month. I'm a little disappointed that I haven't hit he 5lb/month goal, but still stoked that I'm dropping weight while gaining strength. I'll take 7lbs of fat burned over 15lbs of water and muscle any day.

It's warming up outside, and so is my motivation. I'm back to doing daily cardio, so I hope to at least maintain my progress, and preferably get back on track with the 5lbs/month. As the days get longer it will be easier to get up in the morning to walk/jog.

If only we could always make gains like after an extended rest... Keep it up!

A month later and I'm still in the same gear, PARK.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
          Time to kick it in 4x4 beastmode!!!

Comment

Get to it man, the rash of 70* days we've had here in Sac have gotten me amped, and lake season is around the corner.

Comment

Keep on keepin' on dude, in my experience that "last 15lbs" is exponentially harder to lose than all of the preceeding weight, and even harder to maintain. Every last calorie counts.
              Thanks. It's a bitch for sure, but I'm pretty persistent lol

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
              Great job R1psycho!
              Keep it up, you have really made some great progress!
              Gotta love that feeling it gives you!!
              Thanks dude. I love it. Gives me something to do and getting healthy is an added bonus.
              2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                Time to kick it in 4x4 beastmode!!!
                Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Get to it man, the rash of 70* days we've had here in Sac have gotten me amped, and lake season is around the corner.

I KNOW I KNOW. Where I live now I'm right across from the pool. I'm trying to use that for motivation too lol

Comment

I KNOW I KNOW. Where I live now I'm right across from the pool. I'm trying to use that for motivation too lol
                  If girls are out by the pool you are already way too late to the game.

Comment

yea its been nice down here too. Was in Doscovery Bay this weekend and will definitely be taking the boat our soon. You guys should come down, its only an hour or so south.

Comment

If girls are out by the pool you are already way too late to the game.

Not yet they're not lol
                      But I'll need to tan before Vegas

And boys, let's mark this down, tonight was my first night of cardio in almost 4yrs. I did 30min on the treadmill. 5min walking and 5min running just to mix it up and not do too much for the first time. Which I have a tendency to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                        yea its been nice down here too. Was in Doscovery Bay this weekend and will definitely be taking the boat our soon. You guys should come down, its only an hour or so south.
                        It's a bit more than an hour, but perhaps we can plan a trip down there, I'll talk to Tanya.

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                        And boys, let's mark this down, tonight was my first night of cardio in almost 4yrs. I did 30min on the treadmill. 5min walking and 5min running just to mix it up and not do too much for the first time. Which I have a tendency to do
                        Who are these boys that you're talking to?

Good deal, keep after it. I've been doing 20min after each workout, and 45min on my active rest days. This is my second committed week doing it, and it gets easier each time.

Comment

It's a bit more than an hour, but perhaps we can plan a trip down there, I'll talk to Tanya.

Who are these boys that you're talking to?

Good deal, keep after it. I've been doing 20min after each workout, and 45min on my active rest days. This is my second committed week doing it, and it gets easier each time.

Yeah I remember back when I was running all the time that after the first mile it became easy to keep pace. The first 5min I walked I did it at a 3% incline and by minute 4 my shins were feeling it. On days I don't feel like running I might just walk and increase the incline slowly

Comment

On days I don't feel like running I might just walk and increase the incline slowly
                            This is exactly what you should do, both for motivation, and because even walking burns calories. I subscribe to Elliot Hulse, who's got some great training advice, has a good looking resume "body," and swears by walking every morning to burn fat.

Granted, he's a strong man, not a ripped bodybuilder, but I've watched him get down to 10-12% bodyfat. That's cutting from 15-18% and he swears that he's still getting stronger while leaning out.

My pace isn't anything impressive, probably would be considered a brisk walk, but in conjunction with the diet, it's working. The reason that I am lagging on my 5lb/month goal is ALL diet.

Comment

This is exactly what you should do, both for motivation, and because even walking burns calories. I subscribe to Elliot Hulse, who's got some great training advice, has a good looking resume "body," and swears by walking every morning to burn fat.

Granted, he's a strong man, not a ripped bodybuilder, but I've watched him get down to 10-12% bodyfat. That's cutting from 15-18% and he swears that he's still getting stronger while leaning out.

My pace isn't anything impressive, probably would be considered a brisk walk, but in conjunction with the diet, it's working. The reason that I am lagging on my 5lb/month goal is ALL diet.

Same here, my problem is eating too late at night. I'm also not changing my lifting style either, still going as heavy as I can.

I'm sure when I run it won't get much faster than 5mph. But that might change the longer this goes. Thinking about only doing cardio for 30min each time and just change the speed. Even though my brother has been just walking for 45-50min and increases the incline as he goes. Says he ends up around 12-14% incline right now. Just not sure I want to stay at the gym that long lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                                did a 5RM squat today.
                                5x300
                                Did a 3x335 today.

Comment

Working...
                                X