Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Did a 3x335 today.

That's a decent bench press Matt, keep it up.

Comment

• Well, I amped up the cardio, and tightened up the diet since I was lagging behind my goals on the last update. Lo and behold I am at exactly 10lbs lost today, 2 months and 2 days in.

Gotta keep this train a rollin', rollin' 'round the bend...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Well, I amped up the cardio, and tightened up the diet since I was lagging behind my goals on the last update. Lo and behold I am at exactly 10lbs lost today, 2 months and 2 days in.

Sweet! I didn't weigh myself Monday but I'm sure I can weigh this weekend and it'll be about the same to get my starting number.

Did something different last night that I think I'm going to try for awhile. Walked at 3.5mph for 30min. But every 5min I went up 1% on incline starting at 2% and ended at 6%. Now if you're going to ask me why didn't I increase my speed then you need to try this first lol Think I was sweating more than when I ran a little in that time span.

I'll slowly start increasing the incline and my speed.

Comment

• weighed in wednesday and still sitting at 200lbs dressed. and down to 17.03% body fat from 18.9x. still have a looong way to go but happy to see i am only dropping fat and keeping my weight.
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• If you can't laugh at yourself then you're doing something wrong.

Now that it's warming up a guy at our gym has busted out the tank tops... and we've been busting his balls for it. I decided to force him to up his game today so I tore the sleeves off of a dress shirt and turned it into my own tank top.

I'm expecting to see him with a vest and bowtie or something next week.

It was also not long after the sleeves came off that we realized I looked like Larry the Cable Guy.

Comment

• That's awesome.

Are those wide 45lb plates or 100lbers? Never seen 'em like that before.

Comment

• 45s. 335 total. They are bumper plates - just wider for a bit more surface contact area (easier on the floor or platform)
                Last edited by Strychnine; 03-15-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• crossfit plates Aaron... so it looks like lot more weight than it is, when you blast it all over Facebook

Just kididng CF guys

Comment

• I'm not gonna say a word. I did deadlifts for the first time in a good while today, a slow set of 12 reps with 135lbs, and the little muscles along my spine are on fire. All the time on the leg sled with 1k+lbs has ironically done nothing to build my lower back.

Comment

I'm not gonna say a word. I did deadlifts for the first time in a good while today, a slow set of 12 reps with 135lbs, and the little muscles along my spine are on fire. All the time on the leg sled with 1k+lbs has ironically done nothing to build my lower back.
                      Yeah dude. Deadlifts and squats will get you allllll over.

I honestly don't remember the last time I sat on a leg press machine but I really doubt I could do 1k lol.

On the deads just watch your form to protect your back. Ass low, sit into it, keep the bar close to your body (hence the high socks to protect shins), back straight, chest high. Once you start rounding you back or lock your legs and start pulling with only your back you might as well just drop the weight. (My ass is too high in the pic above)

Comment

That's awesome.

Are those wide 45lb plates or 100lbers? Never seen 'em like that before.
                        I never thought I would hear this coming from you, lol.
                        Unless you are dropping weights, bumper weights are for looks only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          Yeah dude. Deadlifts and squats will get you allllll over.

I honestly don't remember the last time I sat on a leg press machine but I really doubt I could do 1k lol.

On the deads just watch your form to protect your back. Ass low, sit into it, keep the bar close to your body (hence the high socks to protect shins), back straight, chest high. Once you start rounding you back or lock your legs and start pulling with only your back you might as well just drop the weight. (My ass is too high in the pic above)
                          I did just the 135lbs to warm-up, and tried to keep perfect form, but that didn't help my back at all. I hadn't done squats or deads but a handful of times since my wreck back in 2009, and it was the same story when I did squats again for the first time about a month ago.

The pain is worse today, and I guess my point is to be aware of ALL of your core muscles, and don't just jump into a new routine haphazard or hurriedly. You can absolutely be strong or "in shape" in target areas, and completely vulnerable in other of you aren't dog a true full body routine.

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                          I never thought I would hear this coming from you, lol.
                          Unless you are dropping weights, bumper weights are for looks only.
                          Every gym I've ever been to has regular-sized plates, with and without handles. Imo if you can't properly set the weight down, you're primed for injury or lifting too heavy.

Comment

Every gym I've ever been to has regular-sized plates, with and without handles. Imo if you can't properly set the weight down, you're primed for injury or lifting too heavy.
                            I get what you're saying but there's a flip side too...
                            How many 'regular' gyms allow heavy deaflifts? Or cleans, snatches, etc? With heavy olympic lifts you're going to drop weight. Maybe not every time but it's going to happen - you don't miss a clean and jerk and just catch it. If you're doing that and only have money for one type of weights you're going to buy bumpers over other stuff every day of the week.

FWIW, I have bumpers in my garage gym also so I'm probably just biased lol

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-16-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Well, I amped up the cardio, and tightened up the diet since I was lagging behind my goals on the last update. Lo and behold I am at exactly 10lbs lost today, 2 months and 2 days in.

Fortunately I am still on track, and slightly ahead of the 5lbs per month goal. I am just shy of 3 months in, and have hit the 20lb mark as of today. I'll reiterate that diet is everything when trimming up, I only workout so that I am allowed to eat a little more. heh

Comment

• Originally posted by big a View Post
                                i only workout so that i am allowed to eat a lot more. Heh
                                fixed!!

Comment

Working...
                                X