Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    It's a bitch, but have you tried to just drink water when you have a craving?
    No, but I did have an apple last night, instead of the usual, and man it was sweet and satiating. Getting all that fructose at midnight won't help me win any bodybuilding competitions, but it sure beats most any other sweet treats in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
      I need to reduce the intake, and stop eating it right before bed. I can't complain with the over-all progress, but it is so frustrating to fall into old habits.

The key is to keep pushing forward, and to continue to mentally get leaner and stronger, and the body will follow. It's been my experience that if I focus solely on external goals and achievements, I reach them, and soon thereafter let my fat ass mindset take back over, and the weight comes right back. I don't want to do that this time, I want off the damn rollercoaster.
      You know the answer...LIFESTYLE CHANGE(as in long term).

Comment

No, but I did have an apple last night, instead of the usual, and man it was sweet and satiating. Getting all that fructose at midnight won't help me win any bodybuilding competitions, but it sure beats most any other sweet treats in the long run.
        Greek Yogurt is your friend.
        I usually eat 3-4 right before bed.
        Only 120-140 calories per cup.
        I do throw some chocolate granola on top as well.

Don't be so afraid of sugar, remember the 4/4/9 rule.
        Just moderate and don't indulge during the day as well.

Comment

• figured this fit well here

Comment

• For most people weight training is the most efficient way to lose fat. Plus the best cardio to lose fat is slow, long runs.

The best way to judge your diet is to get your lipid profile done and find out what kind of metabolism you have. Most people are fat and protein efficient so your diet should consist of 25% carbs, 25% fat, 50% protein. Eat your carbs early in the day and at dinner eat protein with eyes (fish, eggs, beef, chicken) and a veggie. You are about to go to bed and if you ate correctly the rest of the day your glycogen stores are already at their peak. Eating a lot of carbs at dinner just turns into fat.

Also focus on single source starches such as sweet potatoes, quinoa, oatmeal, etc. and stay away from things with yeast. Do this and you will feel a lot better and not feel bloated as much. But do not forget to have a cheat day during the week. Most people cannot mentally stay on a strict diet, at least at first. It is a lifestyle change that takes time to make a habit.

Comment

• I have been doing well on low carb for the last few months. The guy I work with is also on the program and we work nights right now. My lifetime goal is 220 and I hit 239 yesterday My side is giving me problems and going to see the dock next week. Hopefully its scar tissue dancing around, irritating something from the ole bi lateral hernia surgery a year and a half ago.

Look at this bad MF. LOL This was at least three months ago, I am down 20 or so since then.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                You know the answer...LIFESTYLE CHANGE(as in long term).
                How's your elbow big guy?
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  How's your elbow big guy?
                  It is 100% better and very glad I went through with the procedure.
                  The pain is gone whenever I go heavy on push downs(used to kill the elbow), but long head still hurts a bit(just had to find out what overhead exercises agitated the pain by trial and error and avoid them).
                  I have been incorporating two days of triceps per week ever since the surgery trying to get the triceps caught up with the rest and seems to be helping.

Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 04-24-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• As if I wasn't feeling fat already... I'd be jealous if I wasn't well aware of the hard work, sacrifice, and clean eating that goes into a physique like yours.

Another week, another pound for me, down 24lbs total. Which has me scratching my head, I thought I had cleaned my diet up better than that. Slow and steady I suppose, half way there!

Comment

As if I wasn't feeling fat already... I'd be jealous if I wasn't well aware of the hard work, sacrifice, and clean eating that goes into a physique like yours.

Another week, another pound for me, down 24lbs total. Which has me scratching my head, I thought I had cleaned my diet up better than that. Slow and steady I suppose, half way there!
                      Thanks man. I give it my all.
                      This is all from clean eating and not much cardio(3x's a week).
                      I grew up fat, so I feel that I have came a long way and if I can do it, anybody can!
                      Just gotta stay on the path and never give up on your goals!

Always look at the positive side of things.
                      Just go look at old pictures and make yourself remember how far you have came and how you do not want to go back there.
                      Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Comment

As if I wasn't feeling fat already... I'd be jealous if I wasn't well aware of the hard work, sacrifice, and clean eating that goes into a physique like yours.

Yeah, why he got a break a brothers spirit?!

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        Thanks man. I give it my all.
                        This is all from clean eating and not much cardio(3x's a week).
                        I grew up fat, so I feel that I have came a long way and if I can do it, anybody can!
                        Just gotta stay on the path and never give up on your goals!

Always look at the positive side of things.
                        Just go look at old pictures and make yourself remember how far you have came and how you do not want to go back there.
                        Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
                        I hear ya. Hell I was almost dead in my late 20's at about 370. Freaking sugar, sweats and anything I could get my hands on. My elbow quit hurting when I stopped doing pull ups.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          Yeah, why he got a break a brothers spirit?!
                          I try to help people, not break anyone down.
                          I just enjoy seeing people stay on the path and fulfill their dreams/goals.
                          You have come a long long way!
                          Glad your elbow is better.

Comment

• Haven't worked out in over a month!! Hurt my wrist and got lazy. Then got more lazy and started not wanting to go to the gym.

Well, today I start back up. 3 months 'til vegas. I like having a challenge and this will be one hell of one lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BERT View Post
                              Haven't worked out in over a month!! Hurt my wrist and got lazy. Then got more lazy and started not wanting to go to the gym.
                              Same here, but it was my shoulder. Start back up today. It's going to suck.

Comment

• I had a triumph today of sorts. I'm here in Squaw Valley at a conference, and historically at these things I'll use the crappy hotel gym as an excuse to take a couple days off. The gym here is decent enough to get a light chest workout in, and I even did my 20 minutes of cardio.

Diet is off a little, being that my options are limited, but I've been watching my portions and doing ok. Not drinking like I used to do is saving me a couple thousand calories a night alone, so if I get home without having gained weight I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X