No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught bacterial pneumonia and was bed ridden(could not workout) for 8 days(was better on Friday).
    I ate healthy the entire time but not near the amount of food that I normally consume and lost 20lbs during that time.
    Got better and then fractured(nice and purple) my tailbone on Saturday out riding my quad out at Rocky Ridge.
    Just goes to show that we all have setbacks but just gotta work around them and do the best you can do considering.
    Been in the gym daily since Saturday morning.
    Hobbling or not, I am headed back to the gym again right after work today too!!
    Hope everyone else is staying on track, summer is pretty much here!
    Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 05-19-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Well I hit a land mark for me today I weigh 195lbs last time I weighed under 200 lbs was before high school. I'm actually able to do chin ups and pull ups now.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMJ View Post
        Well I hit a land mark for me today I weigh 195lbs last time I weighed under 200 lbs was before high school. I'm actually able to do chin ups and pull ups now.
        That's awesome bro! It's a great feeling being able to do body weight exercises lol
        2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Yeah its really cool. I was able to do chin ups at 213 but not as many as I can now. When realized I was 195 i was a lil shocked as i hadnt been tracking my weight loss at that point. I lost a little strength but dropped 18lbs which is pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
            Caught bacterial pneumonia and was bed ridden(could not workout) for 8 days(was better on Friday).
            I ate healthy the entire time but not near the amount of food that I normally consume and lost 20lbs during that time.
            Got better and then fractured(nice and purple) my tailbone on Saturday out riding my quad out at Rocky Ridge.
            Just goes to show that we all have setbacks but just gotta work around them and do the best you can do considering.

That sucks, dude. I did cardio for two weeks after working out and then I didn't go these past two weeks. Back in the gym this week but not doing cardio. I need to get back doing cardio lol

Comment

• Since this is the "Motivation/Tracking" thread, I figured I'd throw my seemingly small, but important to me results in the ring.

About 3 months ago I decided to try cutting out everything but water. No sodas, teas, sports drinks, energy drinks, etc. Just water. I figured if I started with one thing, I'd be more apt at keeping up with it and not reverting back to old bad habits than I would be if I did a whole bunch at once.

I started this little journey at my heaviest, 334lbs (fully clothed, shoes, shit in pockets...dry weight probably closer to 330, but still too damn heavy). At this point I had outgrown my pants (size 48), and was forced to buy a pair of 52's just so I could have something to wear to my new job. Mind you, I'm 6'1", with shoulders the size of Brock Lesnar (obviously I'm not "built" like him, but I found out we wear the same size coat-54/56, so it's what I'm using for comparison) and calves bigger than 2 liter Coke bottles.

Anyways, it's been, like I said, about 3 months since I started this, and yesterday I tried on an old pair of 48s, and the damn things fit. And kind of loosely at that. And I've noticed my belly fat has become less dense as well.

I have done NOTHING else but change my drinking habits. It's been nothing but water and maybe 1 1/2 gallons of milk this entire time...oh, and about 4 beers. But that's it. I have had ZERO cravings for anything other than water. Which actually surprised me. I figured I would be jonesing for some sodas at some point, but I could give two shits about soda or anything else now.

I'm approximating my weight now to be closer to 310-320, which is still too damn heavy, but it's going in the right direction. Which makes me happy.

Now I just need to work on not eating crap (and so much of it) and see how far that takes me. Once I hit sub-300 pounds, I'll get a bike and start riding, and work my way into a gym. One step at a time. If it takes me 2 years to get to where I want to be (or longer) then so be it. I'd rather take my time to get there, and be able to keep doing what I did to get there, and not revert back into what I have become.
              "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Keep it up dude. Small changes eventually turn into bigger ones. Congrats on starting on this road and feel free to hit me up for advice and whatnot. I started slow and then got obsessed lol
                2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• No reason to put off a bike or the gym now but whatever works for you. I understand trying to make incremental changes but exercise will really crank up the weight loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                    No reason to put off a bike or the gym now but whatever works for you. I understand trying to make incremental changes but exercise will really crank up the weight loss.
                    Definitely this. Exercise is a huge shock to the metabolism if you've been rather dormant and will help speed up the process of weight loss.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Walk every day, first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. It's as low impact as you can get without a swimming pool, and will get the metabolism fired up for the day.

Comment

• Want to burn visceral fat but no effect my gains with the weights. What to do?

I at 5'10" and 220#. And even though my chest, shoulders, back and arms have produced noticeable gains but my weight has stayed the exact same in 5 weeks.

I have 4 weeks till R&R and I would love to come home at 200# or at least go home in a 34 vs 36 waist.

I started back into the gym 5 weeks ago and have been mostly, okay, 90% doing weights Chest/Back one day, Arms/Shoulders the next, cardio on day 3 and then repeat. My leg workouts have been limited to holding a weight and stepping up on bench and weighted single leg squats.

My diet seems to be pretty clean. No soda, no coffee, no junk food, lots of raw veggies (no dressing), lots of baked fish (no tarter sauce), lots of fruits and lots of EAS Myoplex (regulars for breakfast and the Lite for post workout)
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• You're not going to drop 20lbs of fat and/or 2 inches from your waist in a month, and not lose muscle mass and strength. The only way to burn fat without targeting muscle too is low and slow.

The good news is that your strength will come back fairly quickly, as soon as you increase your calories back up. I'd suggest focusing on that fat loss for your R&R, and then you can get back to gaining strength once "vacation" is over. Truth be told, nobody gives a rats ass about how much you lift, and losing weight will actually make you look bigger, and feel better. No more guessing about your diet. Either you are eating the right amounts of the right foods, or you aren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                            Caught bacterial pneumonia and was bed ridden(could not workout) for 8 days(was better on Friday).
                            When you're sick do you force yourself to eat? I ask because I've been fighting a nasty head cold and the thought of food hasn't crossed my mind in two days now. I forced down a can of tuna and an orange with a multivitamin...maybe a bit of rum lol. I just don't want to lose progress on all the gains I've made recently.
                            The richest man in Babylon

Comment

• Back at it solid.

Dropped all alcohol (save for a beer at the golf course while playing), 1.5 gallons of water per day, overhauled my meals and cleaned the diet up a ton, 1g protein/lb/day... trying to get back to form and now I am actually working towards a goal.

Anyways, 11 days in and already chopped down 6lbs.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
                                When you're sick do you force yourself to eat? I ask because I've been fighting a nasty head cold and the thought of food hasn't crossed my mind in two days now. I forced down a can of tuna and an orange with a multivitamin...maybe a bit of rum lol. I just don't want to lose progress on all the gains I've made recently.
                                Whenever I was sick, I still ate really healthy, but not as often as I normally do(7-8 times a day). I ate a ton of fruit to get my immune system back in order as soon as possible and then hit the gym once that was in check. Just make sure what you do eat has a bit of sodium in it to help with the mineral aspect as well and of course, lots of liquids(water).

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                                Back at it solid.

Dropped all alcohol (save for a beer at the golf course while playing), 1.5 gallons of water per day, overhauled my meals and cleaned the diet up a ton, 1g protein/lb/day... trying to get back to form and now I am actually working towards a goal.

Anyways, 11 days in and already chopped down 6lbs.
                                Great job and welcome back!
                                What is your goal?

Comment

Working...
                                X