No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been getting back on the path to being healthier. On November I was at my highest ever, 250lbs. Within a month and a half I was able to drop 20lb. I cut out fast foods, sodas and adjusted my sleeping habits. I was only getting 3-4 hours of sleep and eating like total shit. I kept to liquids after 9pm. Im currently fluctuating between 225lbs-230lbs. I've been avoiding red meat and have included fish into my diet. Sodas have been kicking my ass here lately and so has alcohol. I've been drinking water also. I've also started drinking these drinks from Naked, all natural; taste pretty good. Is there anything else food wise I can improve on? Any other liquids I can rotate so I don't get the urge for sodas? I think I'm going to start walking in the mornings also like stated above. I wake up around 6:50 every morning for no reason, don't work until 10am. I also tried out this 7 minute workout app, which freaking killed me the 1st 3 days, since I'm not really trying to lift weights just yet. Anyone heard about it? Opinions? My main goal is to drop down to 190 lbs which I was at a few years ago.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
      Great job and welcome back!
      What is your goal?
      155lb @ 10% by mid-July. Currently 161 @ ~15-16%
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        Is there anything else food wise I can improve on?
        Sodas and alcohol will grind weight loss to a halt for a myriad of reasons, and neither are the least bit necessary in terms of nutrition. Don't view sodas as the "harmless" beverage that many people fall into the trap of doing, being thirsty doesn't entitle you to guzzle sugar water. Every time you open a coke or crack a beer it's the equivalent of chomping on a snickers bar. Nobody would consider it ok to chow down on 5 or 6 candy bars throughout the day, and still expect to maintain any kind of healthy weight.

Comment

• I suppose I should be accountable, and update the bad along with the good. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back, as the saying goes. We closed on our house in early May, and since then it's been a whirlwind of packing and unpacking, after work and on weekends, with no energy for the gym. Yesterday was my first workout in at least a month.

The worst of it is the stress eating and lack of any sort of regimented diet, from being "homeless" for a couple weeks. My pants are fitting snug, and I haven't weighed, but I'm guessing that I gained back about half of the 25lbs I've lost since the beginning of the year. I've always been able to gain it a helluva lot faster than I lose it.

Time to head back down that yo-yo string, as we head full on into summer. It's just over 2 months until we get married in August, and my plan is to be in the gym every day until then, doing weights and/or cardio. I've had enough rest days to last a while.

Comment

• Guess I'll make a post. I quit smoking cold turkey right after Thanksgiving, and slowly have been working on eating a little better and not drinking as many sodas. My weight fluctuates from 235-245. Weighed myself today, and I was 242lbs. I'm 6'1 and pretty broad shouldered. I don't really have a specific weight in mind, I just want to "look good" and get rid of my fat. I guess when I get there.... then I'll work on looking gooder. I bought some C4 preworkout and amplified wheybolic. Haven't tried the wheybolic yet but I did an hour workout with the c4 and it really "got me in the mood". I'm offshore here for 2 weeks, so I'm focusing on a 2 week workout/diet. I probably won't see any differences at all, but eh what the hey.
            http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
              Guess I'll make a post. I quit smoking cold turkey right after Thanksgiving, and slowly have been working on eating a little better and not drinking as many sodas. My weight fluctuates from 235-245. Weighed myself today, and I was 242lbs. I'm 6'1 and pretty broad shouldered. I don't really have a specific weight in mind, I just want to "look good" and get rid of my fat. I guess when I get there.... then I'll work on looking gooder. I bought some C4 preworkout and amplified wheybolic. Haven't tried the wheybolic yet but I did an hour workout with the c4 and it really "got me in the mood". I'm offshore here for 2 weeks, so I'm focusing on a 2 week workout/diet. I probably won't see any differences at all, but eh what the hey.
              Man, set a goal. Whether it be a body weight target, an amount of miles ran in X time, a set of X weight for X reps... Goals make things a lot more focused.
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              dont downshift!!

Comment

• Man.. I know. I guess the only real goal that I have is that I'd like my waist size to shrink from a 38-40 to a 34-36. I don't want to lose a whole bunch of weight and go back to being 180-190. I like the size that I am now, just not the flubber around my waist and ass. LOL. Obviously I'll get stronger, but I'm just interested in being more fit all around. I've never been interested in being able to lift a whole bunch of weight or being one of those "Do you even lift bro" fags.

Comment

Man.. I know. I guess the only real goal that I have is that I'd like my waist size to shrink from a 38-40 to a 34-36. I don't want to lose a whole bunch of weight and go back to being 180-190. I like the size that I am now, just not the flubber around my waist and ass. LOL. Obviously I'll get stronger, but I'm just interested in being more fit all around. I've never been interested in being able to lift a whole bunch of weight or being one of those "Do you even lift bro" fags.
                  Eat 8-9X your weight in calories every day you lift heavy and try to get a gram of protein per lb of body weight, cut 500 carb/fat calories on off days. Don't eat after 8pm. Drink an ounce of water per lb every day. Walk/jog/run/bike in the morning on an empty stomach. Your weight won't fluctuate a ton, but you will lose a pound or two every week in body fat. It'll be a slow, gradual, awesome transformation from blubber to muscle.

Examples:

Weight = 235lbs
                  Chest/triceps/calves day - 6 meals totaling 2,100 calories, 230g protein, a gallon and a half of water from dawn to dusk.

Weight = 235lbs
                  Off day at gym - 1,700 calories, 210g protein, gallon and a half of water.

... make sure your cardio is daily. Even on off days.
                  dont downshift!!

Comment

• yeah well i work in the oil field. i don't have time to sit around and graze all day. what i've been doing is a egg taco in the morning, an apple, lunch which is usually grilled chicken and rice, grilled fish, something grilled or baked, and same for dinner with a yougurt or something as a snack in between. My supplements are C4 and Amplified Wheybolic but i still havent tried the wheybolic yet. i'm just scared it'll just pack a shit ton of weight on me. The c4 has been making a difference. I'm sweating alot more and i have more energy during the workouts. I dont know if i'm drinking a gallon and a half of water a day but i'm drinking as much as i can. and pissing like a race horse. My weight jumps all over the place from 235 up to 245, depending on the time of day and how big of a shit i just took. lol
                    Last edited by tribaltalon; 06-10-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

yeah well i work in the oil field. i don't have time to sit around and graze all day. what i've been doing is a egg taco in the morning, an apple, lunch which is usually grilled chicken and rice, grilled fish, something grilled or baked, and same for dinner with a yougurt or something as a snack in between. My supplements are C4 and Amplified Wheybolic but i still havent tried the wheybolic yet. i'm just scared it'll just pack a shit ton of weight on me. The c4 has been making a difference. I'm sweating alot more and i have more energy during the workouts. I dont know if i'm drinking a gallon and a half of water a day but i'm drinking as much as i can. and pissing like a race horse. My weight jumps all over the place from 235 up to 245, depending on the time of day and how big of a shit i just took. lol
                      Grazing is also known as snacking. The more often you eat, the easier your body adjusts to the New World Order you're putting it through. Essentially, you won't be hungry so often and your metabolism will speed up. You can eat 30 times a day, so long as you maintain your daily calorie intake.

Don't be scared of the wheybolic. Use it as a meal replacement if you're going over your daily calorie intake. The key to the desired result that is gonna benefit you most is being very anal retentive about your calories. If you can be a stickler for the number at the end of the day it'll become second nature and you'll dump the blubber, especially if you're doing a lot of outdoor work.
                      dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        What is your goal?
                        He knows how I feel about fatties and since he is coming to Vegas with us in July and we renting a couple of cabanas at Venus Pool, he's getting his fat ass in shape!!

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          He knows how I feel about fatties and since he is coming to Vegas with us in July and we renting a couple of cabanas at Venus Pool, he's getting his fat ass in shape!!
                          I am and was nowhere near fat, however I had exceeded my tolerance for softness in my midsection.
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

• I hurt my back and stopped working out for awhile. I've considered going back, but I'm kind of enjoying having boobs to play with right now.

Comment

• well I started the workout thing at 241 lbs.. and the first few days I was losing a pound or so, down to 238, and then today I weighed myself and I was 243. lol. I haven't changed anything about the way I've been eating or anything. Obviously I've only been working out a week, so I'm not too worried about it.

Comment

• Hit 157.8 and 157.6 on the scale the past 2 mornings.
                                dont downshift!!

Comment

Working...
                                X