Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
    Are you doing any form of exorcise or just diet?
    I have a little light cardio in the mix.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Just as a placeholder. Not that anyone cares. I reached my life max last week at 234. I gained 20lbs over the past 4 years working out on and off Im not even sure if its good or bad weight. Its hard to tell how much muscle has developed when I have a nice layer of insulation. This summer will be very interesting to see where my weight goes with lifting and mountain biking.

Comment

• 265.1 = Officially busted 20lbs lost today. What a crazy haul! The struggle continues!
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          yeah, I haven't had a diet coke in a LONG time... since July/August or so. I used to guzzle that shit.

I DO NOT miss or crave diet soda, haven't had an "energy drink" in about as long. I have to imagine my blood pressure is a little lower LOL
          Interestingly sodas have fallen off for me in the last few weeks as well, it wasn't intentional, I ran through the 12-packs in the fridge and haven't bought any more. I am still a slave to my 3 cups of coffee a day, tomorrow always sounds like a much better time to cut down than "this morning."

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          I honestly think I drink less than 2 gallons of water a week.
          I'm up to 2 gallons a day, and feel better for it. Zero dehydration, and it seems to have helped pull toxins out as well. 2 a week isn't near enough.

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
          Just as a placeholder. Not that anyone cares. I reached my life max last week at 234. I gained 20lbs over the past 4 years working out on and off Im not even sure if its good or bad weight. Its hard to tell how much muscle has developed when I have a nice layer of insulation. This summer will be very interesting to see where my weight goes with lifting and mountain biking.
          If you don't set any goals, you aren't going to achieve them. Lifting and biking will have little effect on that layer of insulation if you don't get your diet in check.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          265.1 = Officially busted 20lbs lost today. What a crazy haul! The struggle continues!
          Nice, keep at it Yale, that's good stuff.

I had a case of the Winter blues set in mid-January, and decided that I needed to bulk one last time before summer, which is the nice way of saying that I ate my way through seasonal depression. I haven't gone nuts with junk food or anything though, so my weight is up a lot more than my waistline, but I did add a little bodyfat with the muscle/strength.

Now that it's consistently warming up outside it's time to start back up with the cardio, and reign in the diet again. I'm at 243.4lbs, which is 21lbs up from my low of 222lbs at the beginning of the year, but still 11lbs less than my peak of 255. I'm happy though, my 36"s are getting snug, but that's still a far cry from overflowing 38"s (should have bough 40"s, but my ego couldn't handle it), not to mention hitting a few PR's in the gym in the last month.

Comment

• Tonight marks my three year anniversary. Sitting at 227-232 depending on day of the week. Gearing up for another night of abuse and do my thing. No rest for the wicked. Keep at it everyone. Proud of you Yale.
            2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Havent posted my story, figured I would as it may help motivate someone as quite a few of the stories on here have helped motivate me.

Nearly two years ago I decided I needed to make a change. Having two young boys that I could not keep up with, kissing 40 years old, and heart disease prevelant in my family, I have a Mitral Valve Prolaspe, it was time.
              Not sure of my starting weight as I did not weigh in till much later, I was stretching that size 38 pants and uncomfortably wearing a 2X shirt. Starting with ultra low cal zero fat diet and running I am now sitting at 160lbs, 17 bmi, size 30 pants and a medium shirt. I now just monitor my calories, simple math intake vs out. Enjoy food on the weekends, but still fairly strict during the week. No alcohol, cokes at all, and a coffee Friday and Sunday morning, sometimes on Saturday after a race, LOTS of water. Still running 25-30 miles a week with a 5k/10k race on Saturday mornings. While not fast by most winning standards, I feel good with my PB 5k at 21:03, 10k 46:15, 15k 1:09, 13.1 1:47
              Registered for 6 half marathons in '15 with a possible full at the Dallas depending on my recovery times as I have a half the Sunday prior.

Comment

• That's fucking awesome man. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• I remember meeting you a long time ago and you have made a HUGE improvement!
                  Great job!!

Comment

• wow good for you man, happy for you

Comment

• no more keystone??

Comment

• That's awesome, probably had to take out a link or two from your watch bands too huh? Good stuff.

Comment

• Congrats, man, that's an awesome transformation
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• THANKS EVERYONE!!!

If there are any other runners or cyclers on here that want to meet up lets do it! Always better to have someone else to push each other....

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              Now that it's consistently warming up outside it's time to start back up with the cardio, and reign in the diet again. I'm at 243.4lbs, which is 21lbs up from my low of 222lbs at the beginning of the year, but still 11lbs less than my peak of 255. I'm happy though, my 36"s are getting snug, but that's still a far cry from overflowing 38"s (should have bough 40"s, but my ego couldn't handle it), not to mention hitting a few PR's in the gym in the last month.
                              Cardio and consistent eating are the key. My wife's now on a serious kick to lose a few pounds, so she's quick to call out my snacking, which I resent the hell out of but am quite grateful. She's still got some crazy ideas about what it takes to lose weight, but at least she's on the path, which is helping with my motivation.

I cycled off the clen a week ago, but added cardio back in, and managed to lose 16lbs while off of it. I'm back down to 227lbs, and supplement free for the moment. Weight training+cardio+clean eating will ignite that metabolic fire like nothing else can.

I'm not on a specific diet of any kind, just keeping track of my macros, and try to stay at around 55/40/5, with very little saturated fat. The increased water intake is also helping with my appetite, and keeping things running smoothly.

Comment

• I'm gonna jump in here too. After moving last April transitioning into a new job, new city, new life, etc. really took the wind out of my sails in terms of working out and eating healthy.

I went from just under 220 lbs with a 385x3 deadlift, 345 lb squat, 205 jerk...

To just over 230 lbs with 10 months of musclemass loss... and I just feel fat.

Being data driven, of course I have charts and data. In two weeks I'm down 6.2 lbs so -3.1 lbs/wk. Likely not sustsainable for the duration to my 200lb goal, but that's where I'm at now.

Comment

Working...
                                X