Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Down about 13 pounds from last week, due to the flu.
    Call me insane or whatever but when I was a big old fat ass (I still am tho) I secretly wished I would get sick as hell so that I could lose some weight. I guess I was too lazy to actually go on a diet and do it the right way.

Until now..........

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      just broke past the 270s

269 today
      Thats good to hear.

Have you noticed your appetite/metabolism speeding up. We are both kind of eating the same way from the posts I have seen you put up. I am having a hard time with wanting to eat ALL the time. I seem to be snacking on fruits, nuts, and jerky alot to get me through the day. That is on top of a breakfast and a descent size salad with protein at lunch.

Comment

So far so good- I haven't gained or lost anything(weight wise) but my clothes are looser on me.. I need to do measurements,my legs look smaller to me and my arms and back are tightening up. I didn't think I had any visual changes until I took this picture earlier,my back and arms have slightly changed.. So I'm a happy girl!!

(It's hard to flex both arms when I'm taking the picture.)

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
          So far so good- I haven't gained or lost anything(weight wise) but my clothes are looser on me.. I need to do measurements,my legs look smaller to me and my arms and back are tightening up. I didn't think I had any visual changes until I took this picture earlier,my back and arms have slightly changed.. So I'm a happy girl!!

(It's hard to flex both arms when I'm taking the picture.)
          This thread just got drop-kicked into a whole other level of "modivation"! NICE WORK, KT!!!
          2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
          '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Thats good to hear.

Have you noticed your appetite/metabolism speeding up. We are both kind of eating the same way from the posts I have seen you put up. I am having a hard time with wanting to eat ALL the time. I seem to be snacking on fruits, nuts, and jerky alot to get me through the day. That is on top of a breakfast and a descent size salad with protein at lunch.
            I eat all day, and haven't had a problem. The quantity is small, but eating every few hours is a must. And the foods I'm eating are much better for me. He'll I haven't had jerky in two months

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
              What most people call a stairmaster, I consider a joke.
              I am pretty sure you know exactly which machine I am talking about though whenever I reference a stair mill.
              I usually run a few miles and get on that bastard for 15 minutes afterwards, it will almost make you foam at the mouth sometimes.

Rachel you look great, keep it up!
              Last edited by Broncojohnny; 03-09-2011, 03:30 PM.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

You guys/gal are killing it! I'd love to do the transformation competition, but work makes it pretty hard to do so. I weighed the options and would rather not piss everyone off for not being "in" for the meals, and I'm never sure where I'm working until I get there. I'm getting close to being set-up at a station, though, and I'm just trying to do the little things right now to be healthier. I've never been really overweight, but I was at 6'1"/220. I'd like to be at 195 and as ripped as I was in H.S., but bigger. I can't lift terribly heavy because of an injury, but y'all have got me motivated. I cooked healthy tonight and did 80 pull-ups/chin-ups, 50 dumbbell benches with 50lb-ers (biggest my apt has), and 30 dumbbell tricep press/extensions with a 50 lb-er.

I'm in Keller/N. FW and would love a workout partner. You can be bigger, smaller, lift heavier or lighter...doesn't matter. Maybe even just meet up to run (I ALWAYS need motivation to run). I'd like to run, swim, lift, CrossFit, or any combo of that for workouts. I'm willing to travel to White Settlement, Saginaw, Keller, Hurst, etc. My apt. has dumbbells up to 50 lbs, medicine balls, ~4 treadmills, bike machine with display, multi-purpose cable-pull machine that you can do about 20 different exercises on, and a really nice indoor half-court basketball court. My gf goes with me sometimes, but she's constantly working all day til 10 pm. If anyone needs someone to work out with, shoot me a pm.

Comment

Well guys- I spoke too soon yesterday when I said " so far so good.." about 2 minutes after I posted that, I did this...

(It's "cleaned up" in this picture.)

No lifting for awhile...

Comment

Mmmmm, makes me hungry!!!

Just work through the pain, haha jk.
                    I remember I used to see this one guy who used to workout in a cast, his tricep presses cracked me up, but it did show TRUE dedication!

I hope you get better and give us details on what happened and did you get any stitches?
                    Looks like you will be hitting those legs a little more often now.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                      Mmmmm, makes me hungry!!!

Just work through the pain, haha jk.
                      I remember I used to see this one guy who used to workout in a cast, his tricep presses cracked me up, but it did show TRUE dedication!

I hope you get better and give us details on what happened and did you get any stitches?
                      Looks like you will be hitting those legs a little more often now.
                      LOL-Does that hand fat hanging out look yummy or what?!?
                      I will definitely be hitting my legs for awhile,which is fine... but I was really wanting to work on my "guns" too

I went to the gym this morning- the regulars that go when I do just looked at me like I was crazy...
                      Yesterday at the hospital the nurse had a chuckle while she was stitching me up.. I told her I'm mostly upset cause I can't feel my fingers and I won't be able to lift weights.

Comment

• Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                        LOL-Does that hand fat hanging out look yummy or what?!?
                        I will definitely be hitting my legs for awhile,which is fine... but I was really wanting to work on my "guns" too

I went to the gym this morning- the regulars that go when I do just looked at me like I was crazy...
                        Yesterday at the hospital the nurse had a chuckle while she was stitching me up.. I told her I'm mostly upset cause I can't feel my fingers and I won't be able to lift weights.
                        How'd you do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                          How'd you do that?
                          Sadly, by a soup can. The pop/pull top broke while I was opening it, so I covered the hand that was pulling the lid and I was going to finishing opening it.. Well the hand holding the can was closer to the rim than I thought.. I pulled and the lid snapped off and somehow my hand was in the way ha!

Comment

• Damn that looks painful
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• I'm trying really hard to zoom in on that doorknob to catch a reflection. Sucks about the hand though, looks painful. That's why you should get your man to do things like open cans.

At new years I was about 238.x. Two weeks ago yesterday I started doing the P90X and Insanity programs at the same time and my starting weight was 230.2(Took some pics). P90 early, Insanity in the evening. I've missed two Insanity workouts, one was just an easy recovery workout, but I've made all my P90X ones. This morning I weighed in at 219.6 and there's definitely a visual difference, but I'm still too fat IMO to worry about posting pics. I'll probably post once I get under 200, which will hopefully be in 6 weeks or so.

If anybody is looking for a great cardio routine that's not as mundane as jogging or getting on a machine for 30+ minutes, you might want to look into the Insanity program. It's nuts. The warmups alone will have your drenched in sweat. I'm really impressed with this workout. I just did my second fit test last night and while I'm not writing my results down like I should, I noticed a definite increase in strength and stamina. The first time I did it, I barely made it half way through before having to pause periodically. This time, I made it through without pausing, but there's definite room for improvement with reps in the alotted time slots.

While the workouts are getting easier, I can honestly say that Insanity is a world class cardio workout.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                                I'm trying really hard to zoom in on that doorknob to catch a reflection. Sucks about the hand though, looks painful. That's why you should get your man to do things like open cans.

At new years I was about 238.x. Two weeks ago yesterday I started doing the P90X and Insanity programs at the same time and my starting weight was 230.2(Took some pics). P90 early, Insanity in the evening. I've missed two Insanity workouts, one was just an easy recovery workout, but I've made all my P90X ones. This morning I weighed in at 219.6 and there's definitely a visual difference, but I'm still too fat IMO to worry about posting pics. I'll probably post once I get under 200, which will hopefully be in 6 weeks or so.

If anybody is looking for a great cardio routine that's not as mundane as jogging or getting on a machine for 30+ minutes, you might want to look into the Insanity program. It's nuts. The warmups alone will have your drenched in sweat. I'm really impressed with this workout. I just did my second fit test last night and while I'm not writing my results down like I should, I noticed a definite increase in strength and stamina. The first time I did it, I barely made it half way through before having to pause periodically. This time, I made it through without pausing, but there's definite room for improvement with reps in the alotted time slots.

While the workouts are getting easier, I can honestly say that Insanity is a world class cardio workout.
                                Congrats on your progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X