No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have it kind of easy for motivation. I got nothing else to do out here on this tiny 500mx500m camp. That and my wife is doing two-a-days adding more cardio to her routine she is on this round. I need to put on a good showing if she is for me.

I got a few guys here that are on a workout routine that I jumped into. One guy is in his early 30s and the other is in his mid 50s. So I fit right in the middle. Working some muscle groups that haven't worked hard in years. But so far, a week in, I feel great. Just got to keep showing up everyday and putting in work.

The gym is outdoors though with very little shade, so getting a sweat on is too easy. It is 110 easily out here. So hot that these meatheads leave the kettlebells in the sun when they are done and you have to pour water on them to get them cool enough to touch. lol
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• pulled a new best in dead lifts by 50 lbs today for 385. Most I did before was 330, but i haven't done any heavy singles in awhile so why not today.

Comment

• I'm coming up on 40 in October, and motivation is definitely in shorter supply these days. I get to the gym regularly, but it's hardly ever "balls out" anymore, just trying to maintain muscle, and not get any fatter (hovering at 240). I think my give-a-damn is busted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate View Post
          pulled a new best in dead lifts by 50 lbs today for 385. Most I did before was 330, but i haven't done any heavy singles in awhile so why not today.
          I haven't done ANY legs in probably 10 years. During my previous spurts at working out, I was that guy that skipped leg day. Since I started back up almost 2 weeks ago, I have been doing a lot of dead lifts, front squats (kettlebells) and other stuff. Heck I have been adding easy weight dead lifts for the past 3 days.

Today was LEG DAY! I am smoked. Most I could even hold onto was 210 for 5 reps. I was able to do 3 sets at that weight then work back down. My grip just wasn't there for anything higher. In due time.

Then I went for some 30yrd sprints...and it hit me, like a baseball bat to my thigh all at once. I almost think I heard it but I damn sure felt it. Ice and motrin for the night. Good thing tomorrow is a rest day.
          Last edited by KBScobravert; 09-24-2016, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            I'm coming up on 40 in October, and motivation is definitely in shorter supply these days. I get to the gym regularly, but it's hardly ever "balls out" anymore, just trying to maintain muscle, and not get any fatter (hovering at 240). I think my give-a-damn is busted.
            I work out with a guy who just hit 30 and has been at it hard for 4 months now. He's got a good routine going for strength building and I got another partner that is 56 that we do mostly kettles. Between the two of them, I am sure to get back into shape.

And then we are surrounded by a bunch bulked up testosterone sweating early 20 year old Airmen that do nothing but live in the gym here. But they are cool with us old folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              Pick up "treat your own back" it is about $9 on amazon. It has a good series of exercises, focused on back pain, that I live by. I feel it has kept me from back surgery #2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              I'm down with all that. I just got too happy the other day because my back felt so good and I messed it up playing around. No worries. It's getting better quickly because I know what kept me out of surgery #1!
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                Keep going man. Cutting the sugar changed my life, no joke. Once you see what it does and understand why it does it, it's quite eye opening. I wish more people understood the effects.

I'm officially down 50lbs from where I was last September. I weighed in last night @175lbs. Cutting sugar the best you can works.

Now I have to get motivated to get in the gym and put on some muscle, a whole different animal for me. I just have to get into a routine and make it part of my day.... I just can't seem to get excited about it.
                When I quit drinking, I was able to lose rapidly even feeding a sweet tooth.

But I'm over the hump on sugar for the most part. Now when/if I cheat, it's on whole organic fruit and I don't even stress on it.

I'm down to 260 and not even worried about it. I want to lean out more, but with the new kiddo and everything related thereto, I'm happy to be maintaining/creeping down slowly
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  I work out with a guy who just hit 30 and has been at it hard for 4 months now. He's got a good routine going for strength building and I got another partner that is 56 that we do mostly kettles. Between the two of them, I am sure to get back into shape.

And then we are surrounded by a bunch bulked up testosterone sweating early 20 year old Airmen that do nothing but live in the gym here. But they are cool with us old folks.
                  Having a training partner helps with motivation in spades, though I could definitely see me upping my game if my wife were to go after it like yours. Our son is 2 months old though, so she spends all her energy on getting him fed and to bed. When he's a little older she'll get back in the gym with me, if for no other reason than to get some alone time. heh.

190 is plenty doable by December, working out will help, but you've gotta watch your diet. Also, don't confuse sweating with burning calories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Having a training partner helps with motivation in spades, though I could definitely see me upping my game if my wife were to go after it like yours. Our son is 2 months old though, so she spends all her energy on getting him fed and to bed. When he's a little older she'll get back in the gym with me, if for no other reason than to get some alone time. heh.

190 is plenty doable by December, working out will help, but you've gotta watch your diet. Also, don't confuse sweating with burning calories.
                    I found out the hard way what too few calories in the tank is worth...nothin. Workout was okay but nothing fucking stellar. I should up and did my reps but felt like I had nothing towards the end of each set. Then it hit me. No breakfast, got woke up straight to deal with a shit storm for 6 straight hours. Hardly any lunch because it got cut short by an impromptu meeting right there at the table.

So now I am going to dinner and try not to over eat to feel better and end up with a belly full for the night. At least with the slop here, over eating is hardly a problem.

Lesson learned, that I should already know, don't skip meals.

Comment

• I wish I had that problem, I haven't "forgotten" a meal in almost 40 years. heh

Comment

• Turned 33 yesterday so what do I do today? New best in deadlifts.

Pulled 405 just now.

Comment

• That's a decent amount of weight... for a bench press.

Happy belated bd, and congrats on the PR, on to the next goal.

Comment

• Pushups and situps ate improving by leaps and bounds. Struggling with 2 mile time. Sitting around 15:20. Really wanna be sub 14
                            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Last week I couldn't keep my grip deadlifting 210 for more than 5 reps. This week I worked up to 240 for 3 and back down to 230 for 10 reps and 205 for 10 back down. I could have probably pulled up 250-255 but couldn't hold a grip.

We are doing the www.blackironbeast.com 5/3/1 routine.

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                              Turned 33 yesterday so what do I do today? New best in deadlifts.

Pulled 405 just now.
                              No way I could hold onto that much right now. I think 305 would be a one rep max for me in deadlifts.
                              Last edited by KBScobravert; 08-13-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Get some straps or your back and traps will forever be limited by your forearms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X