Whole 30 diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole 30 diet

Anyone on here done this diet? Basically its a 30 day diet with no sugars, flour, nitrates, dairy, and some more things.

I'm on day 2 and already ready to punt a kitten.

It sucks. Just go keto instead. I'm 3 months in, and 20lbs down.

reddit.com/r/keto
    reddit.com/r/ketorecipes
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

<----- Seefood diet here. I see food I want and I eat it. Down 5 pounds since Christmas and shedding quickly now that baseball season is here.

Comment

Hell, cutting sugar alone would do wonders.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          It sucks. Just go keto instead. I'm 3 months in, and 20lbs down.

reddit.com/r/keto
          reddit.com/r/ketorecipes
          I will look at that.

I am glad this is just a 30 day thing. I understand the idea of cleaning out your system, but damn...NO CHEESE?!?!?!? WTF

Comment

I don't get the diet fad. Why not just eat sensibly and exercise?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Skinny people dont diet. People who struggle with thier weigh generally have really shitty diets, so they change to some crazy trendy diet, lose a few pounds, then go back to stuffing twinkies in their face.

I think the wife and I are going to try the keto, and mostly just to pre-make our meals for the week. I normally eat pretty healthy, but having to run for a burger at lunch or just fast food in general is horrible.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Because instant results yo...

Seriously, give up the "diets" and slowly move to eating healthier alternatives. Take it a step at a time; you can still have unhealthy stuff, just try to cut back on portions, quit buying packaged/processed shit, and try to stop drinking calories. If you try to change everything at once you will fail, and you haven't figured out what really works for you day in and day out.

Comment

People want a magic bullet, and don't want to resign themselves to the fact that maintaining a healthy body is a life-long endeavor. It's much easier to commit to 30-60-90 days, with the knowledge that it's "over" soon.

I'm all for whatever catapults you into being health-conscious, but all fad diets are meant to be temporary, and don't necessarily prepare you for what to do afterwards to maintain.

The ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off is to make permanent changes to your eating habits (diet). I speak from 30 years experience on the chubbycoaster.

Comment

I do agree that fad diets are dumb and poise people for "relapse" etc BUT...

whole thirty or anything paleo is tough and generally people that complete it are of a strong mental will to continue with the healthy eating afterward. I would call whole 30 (or paleo) less of a fad and more of a "boot camp" for clean eating. There are no magic pills involved, no starving yourself, no cleanse shakes or drinks or whatever. Just you, using natural ingredients, eating clean and resetting your body.

I've done this, and it definitely works. The first week or two really suck and you go through carb and sugar withdraws, but once you level off you will start to feel great, you will get legitimate quality sleep, and you will notice various ailments and ticks that normally bother you disappear. By day 30 you will feel pretty great and will probably have shed quite a bit of weight, especially if you are doing this in conjunction with a workout program.

Its much easier if you arent picky, be creative and try different recipes. I recommend getting an instagram account if you dont have one and follow people doing whole 30/paleo to get motivation, recipe ideas, etc.

Comment

Like I said, it's great to use as a catapult, whatever the fad diet may be, but the diet itself really doesn't matter if the person truly does now have the strong will that you are talking about.

There is nothing special about paleo or whole 30, that makes them more likely to bring about long-term change, that happens within, regardless of the kick start fad diet.

There's no arguing that these diets work in the short-term, it's the fact that they can't be sustained long-term that makes them a "dumb fad."

Comment

I don't eat fast food unless there is nothing available, avoid fried foods and might have 3 soft drinks a week. Has worked well for me.

Comment

I couldn't give up the donuts and sweet tea
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Like I said, it's great to use as a catapult, whatever the fad diet may be, but the diet itself really doesn't matter if the person truly does now have the strong will that you are talking about.

There is nothing special about paleo or whole 30, that makes them more likely to bring about long-term change, that happens within, regardless of the kick start fad diet.

There's no arguing that these diets work in the short-term, it's the fact that they can't be sustained long-term that makes them a "dumb fad."

You're absolutely right, there is nothing special. If you zoom out and get away from the "caveman" description, all they are is super clean eating. About as clean as it gets (unless you're of the vegetarian mindset).

I disagree with the lack of long-term change, I think doing these competitions or whatever you call them greatly educates people about what clean eating really is and what processed food is doing to their bodies. Yeah some will gain a lot of the weight back and not stick it out but they will have the knowledge base to change themselves at a minimum.

Comment

I am going into this knowing its a 30 day diet that is cleansing my system. If we feel amazing at the end of 30 days then we will continue on, with some exclusions to the diet. I still want to have some damn cheese every now and then.

I will also add, dieting can get expensive. If I am going to go through all this trouble and money, I will make sure to learn something and apply it to the rest of my life.

FYI, i have had a headache and cold sweats by about 4 pm the first two days. I am guessing its my blood sugar crashing.

Comment

Working...
                              X