No announcement yet.

MTB guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bicycles & Bikes - Mountain, Triathlon, Road, Comfort, Hybrid and Women's Bikes, Kestrel, Fuji, Schwinn and GT bikes
    WRX

Comment

Don't buy any off brand Chinese made bikes....stick with a bigger brand used off of marketplace.

I would also start off with a hard tail but if you really enjoy MTBing then definitely get a full suspension. Nite and day riding.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Make sure whatever you get has boost spacing, through axles and has what are common standards now for seat tube id, preferably tapered headset and hydraulic disc brakes.

With getting into it now, you're catching the market at a major low on pricing when you compare it to the past 3yrs.

Feel free to hmu if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Make sure whatever you get has boost spacing, through axles and has what are common standards now for seat tube id, preferably tapered headset and hydraulic disc brakes.

With getting into it now, you're catching the market at a major low on pricing when you compare it to the past 3yrs.

Feel free to hmu if you have any questions, I'm happy to help.
          This right here. My bike store told me they are loaded up on inventory. Also you can't hardly give a used bike away. Buy something on market place or something. I have not been riding much, been walking the dogs three times a week. It is a win win. Even though my busted ass foot is still giving me problems.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            This right here. My bike store told me they are loaded up on inventory. Also you can't hardly give a used bike away. Buy something on market place or something. I have not been riding much, been walking the dogs three times a week. It is a win win. Even though my busted ass foot is still giving me problems.
            Any recommendstions on brand(s) or model(s) to look out for on market place?

Comment

Trek

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Any recommendstions on brand(s) or model(s) to look out for on market place?
                I have been looking at specialized epics! Only because I want a sub 20 do it all bike.

Honestly, I bought my last MTB from bikesdirect. Got it in 1 day, as they are in Dallas. Built it in 30 minutes, never one issue.

TX Redneck has blown out more MTB miles then anyone I know in the last few years. Good source of info.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

If you're wanting a hardtail, I'd look at Canyon Stoic, Commencal Meta HT, Ragley MMMBOP and Nukeprook Scout are all solid options, with the Ragley being a steel frame. A lot of ppl prefer steel for its compliance and aesthetics, but they will weight a lil more compared to an alloy frame. Marin makes a solid, well priced HT as well.

For full squish, Specialized Stump Jumper Evo is a sick trail bike, Yeti Capra Core is sweet, Yeti are solid frames, Polygon Sisku T7 is a solid bike as well, especially for the kit and price. I just realized I forgot Giant and Scott. Santa Cruz, while a lil more pricey, they offer lifetime pivot bearing replacements for free(I don't know if the user has to pay shipping or not).
                  Last edited by Tx Redneck; 04-26-2023, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Just ordered my first full squish bike. I got the Core 1 29er. https://us.yt-industries.com/products/bikes/capra/

Comment

i have a santa cruz bronson 3 carbon. i like it.

not been to spider mountain on it. but it does everything at erwin park pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        Just ordered my first full squish bike. I got the Core 1 29er. https://us.yt-industries.com/products/bikes/capra/

That thing looks SICK. I threw up a little when I saw the price tag, though.

No way I'm paying that much money just to fuck myself up.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          That thing looks SICK. I threw up a little when I saw the price tag, though.

No way I'm paying that much money just to fuck myself up.
                          I know exactly what you mean, but with context of pricing between 2020 and now, this is a steal. It would have been $4-5k then. I got in right at the start of the stupid high pricing with both my hard tails. This FS is only a few hundred more than my newest bike(Commencal Meta HT).

If you are legit interested in getting into biking, you know I squeak when I walk, I can point you in the direction of some solid options, just post up your intended riding.

Comment

Need to swap my GX derailleur and convert to tubeless. Thankfully, the wheels come taped and it comes with stems(I already had some), just need to pull the tubes, install the stems, pour sealant and reseat.

Comment

I've never ridden a MTB before, only BMX style bikes... I'd like to check them out and see if I like it as I live near a MTB trail up here in Frisco (although it was cut in half due to the PGA golf courses).
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

What’s the benefit of going tubeless?

Comment

Working...
                                X