Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barefoot, fore foot, Vibram clad runners...how long to transition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UserX View Post
    I've found another place where VFF's excel... climbing coconut trees
    I have heard, actually, that they are becoming very popular for rock climbing.
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
      I have heard, actually, that they are becoming very popular for rock climbing.
      The trail shoes I'm running in right now have soles made by vibram. I bet they would work even better. They have a lot more grip on the bottom and a tad more thickness. I also love the no toe pockets. They slip on and lace up like regular shoes.

Comment

I tried running on the treadmill yesterday with no shoes...so fun! Apparently, that's something you have to work up to, though, cause I got 3 big blisters in 1 mile! LOL! That belt gets a little warm after a bit, so I put my fivefingers on for the last half mile. I drained the blisters and coated them in newskin last night...can't even feel em today. I ran another mile and a half at lunch. Amazing the difference running before breakfast with no food and running at lunch after oatmeal, a banana and an apple...was easier at lunch!

My arches, feet and calves are coming along. It's been about a month since I started running in minimal shoes and the pads of my feet, muscles, ankles and calves are getting stronger. When I run at work, I am stopping cause I have to...not cause I'm tired, sore, misserable, etc. Still looking forward to each run! Gotta force myself to rest and not run each day...

-Jonny
        2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
        '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
        '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
        X