Android Tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Tablet?

i was thinking about getting one of these acer iconia tablets and wanted to know if anyone here has one.

if so
    do you like it?.
    is it ok without the 3g? its comming out soon but nobody knows a date.

i want to buy one now but kinda want to wait until the att 4/3g one comes out.

i like the ipad but it cost too much

why not look at the Nook Color, and update it with the Andriod hack?

7inch Android tablet wifi for 249

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

i would have done the hack 5 years ago but now i just like my stuff to be right so that way i can bitch when it doesnt work like it should.

the $450 is about what i am willing to spend but i dont know if i want to wait for the 3g att version to hit stores "sometime this summer"

they need to release some dates for this version and if the wifi version can be made into a 3g

Comment

Asus E Pad Transformer, $400 dual core 16gb Honeycomb tablet, and you can buy an additional lapdock with functioning touch mouse pad, and extenddddddddddded battery.
        sigpic

Comment

and where ya gonna get that at?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

The new software version has an app store, not sure if it's the actual google one or a nook only version but they have Angry Birds. I'm hoping it'll support google TV or sling but I haven't got the update yet.

If you don't need a camera, tactile feedback or any way to support an external display the Nook Color might be a good option. I'm assuming most of the usage will be as an e-reader with some light browsing anyways. Also they are wifi only but you can't complain about the price.

Comment

If you can't wait for the Asus E Pad Transformer, for $50 more than the nook, get the Viewsonic G tablet. 10 inch screen, dual core, 16gb internal storage.
              Last edited by CexMashean; 05-04-2011, 08:07 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                Asus E Pad Transformer, $400 dual core 16gb Honeycomb tablet, and you can buy an additional lapdock with functioning touch mouse pad, and extenddddddddddded battery.
                THIS.

hell, i would have already bought one too bad their production capacity is crap compared to the big whore companies.

if you wait another month or two, samsung will be dropping another model
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

If you can't wait for the nook, for $50 more than the nook, get the Viewsonic G tablet. 10 inch screen, dual core, 16gb internal storage.
                  Reviews are mixed, have any personal experience with the Viewsonic?

Comment

Wait for the galaxy tab 8.9 or 10.1. G slate is alright, messed with a few at work.

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                      Reviews are mixed, have any personal experience with the Viewsonic?
                      yea, once rooted and removed the Viewsonic rom, it was great. Did everything i needed to, psx4droid was great, battery life would go through a full 8 hours of constant wifi and screen never being turned off.

As far as $300/non-honeycomb tablets goes, I don't think there's a better deal out there.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by franks View Post
                        i would have done the hack 5 years ago but now i just like my stuff to be right so that way i can bitch when it doesnt work like it should.
                        Then buy the iPad.
                        - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                        1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Seems like the main fault with the Viewsonic is the viewing angle.

Comment

yea, once rooted and removed the Viewsonic rom, it was great. Did everything i needed to, psx4droid was great, battery life would go through a full 8 hours of constant wifi and screen never being turned off.

As far as $300/non-honeycomb tablets goes, I don't think there's a better deal out there.
                            What is this "honeycomb" I keep seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                              What is this "honeycomb" I keep seeing?
                              Android 3.0 for tablets.

Comment

Working...
                              X