Xbox - Buying questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox - Buying questions

I'm in the market to get a new Xbox and I need it by next weekend. I've always been a PS guy, so I don't know sh*t about Xboxes. It's going to be primarily for my 11 and 8 year old kids, but I'm sure I'll play it here and there.

I need suggestions on which model to get and who has the best prices on them and the accessories. I usually like buying stuff like this off eBay if I can find a deal, but I don't know enough about them to be able to start looking.

TIA.

All the prices will pretty much be the same from retailer to retailer, the prices are set by Microsoft I'm sure. I would probably get the new slim version as they don't have any problems with overheating or other issues like some of the older models do. There are different options based on the hard drive size, I would recommend at least a 20gig and there will also be an option for with or without the Kinect. We have a Kinect and it's cool but some people don't want or need it.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Yes dont get an older model, get one of the new "slim" models. The older ones would crap out on you if you just looked at it wrong. If you REALLY want to save some cash you can check out gamestop and see if they have any refubished models.

Also get the biggest hard drive you can afford. I have the Kinect and while it is pretty cool, there arent many games that interest me. You need a big area to really use it also, especially on multiplayer. Your kids may like it though.

Comment

Do like I did, go to gamestop and buy a refurbished one had mine for 2 years works great and came with 2 controllers

Comment

The later edition older models with the lower wattage power supply was bulletproof. The same supply is used on the newer "slim" ones. The 175w you will be fine if you can find one used, but dont buy any other wattage system, they die and get the RROD.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            The later edition older models with the lower wattage power supply was bulletproof. The same supply is used on the newer "slim" ones. The 175w you will be fine if you can find one used, but dont buy any other wattage system, they die and get the RROD.
            Shit!! I had an elite with the 175W power supply and it rrod on me within a year and half. Right now its rocking on the x-clamp fix and penny trick. However I've got an older one that has the 175W power supply with no hdmi, that just rrod on me and its rocking the penny trick also. Still havent gotten around to doing the x-clamp fix though.
            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
              Shit!! I had an elite with the 175W power supply and it rrod on me within a year and half. Right now its rocking on the x-clamp fix and penny trick. However I've got an older one that has the 175W power supply with no hdmi, that just rrod on me and its rocking the penny trick also. Still havent gotten around to doing the x-clamp fix though.
              Strange, did you have yours in a closed space or not keep it clean? I've had mine for 2 years going strong.

Comment

Working...
              X