Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    No its way too much like wow.... go here and pick 5 flowers and return them..... except now its go kill 5 flesh eaters with your faux lightsaber and report back to your Jedi master.

Moving exactly the same.... autotargeting same.... auto attack same..... right click to loot the same..... push buttons one through ten for special attack and see cool animation exactly the same.... this is just another copy of the same thing in a new wrapper.

Heck go to your master for new special skills every two levels.... exactly tge same.

And honestly the graphics blow.

So the storyline is developed, we can thank lucasarts for that. Biowares mechanics might as well be blizzards leftovers though.

This game was way overhyped. I see you all are the people hyping it up though. Congratulations on your success of hype. I predict a rapidly shrinking subscriber base though.

Yes SWG originally was hard. That was the appeal.

First and foremost, Im sorry I hate to resort to name calling......but your an idiot.

ALL MMO's share the same basic functions you just described.

Your esentially saying Halo is exactly like Modern Warfare 3 because they share the basic controls and you upgrade weapons as you go through the game. By your comparison, every MMO sucks ass because they are exactly like Final Fantasy 1.

As far as the graphics sucking, it was a smart move. It didnt eliminate people with mediocre systems from being able to play although the cut scenes like the initial one looked awsome IMO.

SWG was not hard, it was shitty. HUGE difference...
    Last edited by Lason; 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

(stupid fucking ignorant bullshit).
      Looks like all games are the same. I have to click a mouse and press keys on my keyboard to get shit done. These games suck!
      sigpic

Comment

No its way too much like wow.... go here and pick 5 flowers and return them..... except now its go kill 5 flesh eaters with your faux lightsaber and report back to your Jedi master.

Moving exactly the same.... autotargeting same.... auto attack same..... right click to loot the same..... push buttons one through ten for special attack and see cool animation exactly the same.... this is just another copy of the same thing in a new wrapper.

Heck go to your master for new special skills every two levels.... exactly tge same.

And honestly the graphics blow.

So the storyline is developed, we can thank lucasarts for that. Biowares mechanics might as well be blizzards leftovers though.

This game was way overhyped. I see you all are the people hyping it up though. Congratulations on your success of hype. I predict a rapidly shrinking subscriber base though.

Yes SWG originally was hard. That was the appeal.
        Can you explain how an online role playing game should be then? What would you change, what is your ideal mmorpg?

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

No its way too much like wow....
          Actually Everquest or D&D. You had to quest there too and do stuff.

Or did you just want a Postal game where you were a Jedi running around hitting stuff just to see what it did?

Shut the fuck up Francis.

Comment

• Ah nerdrage. Always entertaining. TOR was supposed to be new and different. It is not. It's just the newest. Your inability to refute my points on how it is identical and resorting to nerdrage are hilarious.

You could drop these Jedi skins directly into WoW and it would play exactly the same. This was supposed to be something new, it isn't.

Yes all MMOs are copying WoW. It's not impressive.

And yes SWG did suck for stupid people. Then they tried catering to stupid people and ruined it. TOR caters to stupid people from launch.

Comment

Ah nerdrage. Always entertaining. TOR was supposed to be new and different. It is not. It's just the newest. Your inability to refute my points on how it is identical and resorting to nerdrage are hilarious.

You could drop these Jedi skins directly into WoW and it would play exactly the same. This was supposed to be something new, it isn't.

Yes all MMOs are copying WoW. It's not impressive.

And yes SWG did suck for stupid people. Then they tried catering to stupid people and ruined it. TOR caters to stupid people from launch.
              No it wasn't. It was supposed to take the Mass Effect decision engine and merge it with an MMO, and fill the story with voice acting, like never done before at the level it has. It also was to be the first game/world that effectively recreated the Star Wars world. Galaxies did an alright job with that, but the whole sim cityish create a town, build a house, and decorate it was worthless for me.

No one is copying WoW. WoW was the first majorly accepted and played MMO that copied many of the things Everquest created as far as questing, PVP, and general MMO structure that has been around for years.

The game is an MMO, it fits in the MMO category just where it should. The biggest problem to happen in the MMO world, and I half way agree with you, was the no consequences for death in games. I remember days of playing EQ only to get killed and have to find someone or even a group to help me retrieve my body. Also, it took DAYS to run from place to place which eventually was the downfall of the game for a lot of people. People wasted way more of their lives in EQ than in WoW. The technology shift that put a PC in every home, and kid's possession, is what made WoW as big as it was.

SWTOR doesn't even start in the realm of story, character development, PVP, etc. until after lvl 10-11.

Comment

• I give up!

Im thinking back but didnt SWG have the same premis? auto aim, 1-10 action keys, no story line, etc, etc. ? I dont remember it playing much different than traditional MMO's.

Only difference is you cant pick out your own curtains on SWTOR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  I give up!

Im thinking back but didnt SWG have the same premis? auto aim, 1-10 action keys, no story line, etc, etc. ? I dont remember it playing much different than traditional MMO's.

Only difference is you cant pick out your own curtains on SWTOR.
                  and you could be a musician or dancer and stand in cantinas all day with scripts running, while people watched you to earn experience.

I played SGW for a while, and honestly I felt like all I did was run around a world and shoot shit to gather mats. That's it. It was a crafter's game hands down. For me I could care less about the crafting in the MMO world, it's not why I play. Typically I'll join a guild where I can just collect mats for others while I'm questing.

Comment

• Oh yeah I forgot about that tree hugger crap. Sitting in cantina's playing instruments, jeez!

Comment

Ah nerdrage.... ... resorting to nerdrage are hilarious...

...And yes SWG did suck for stupid people. Then they tried catering to stupid people and ruined it. TOR caters to stupid people from launch.
                      Ironic.

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      Can you explain how an online role playing game should be then? What would you change, what is your ideal mmorpg?

Stevo
                      Can you please respond to this post, or was it included in your 'nerdrage' comment?

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Damn cock teases, all servers down for maintnance.

Comment

• I miss the days of having time for MMO's.

Comment

• With as much time as I have in WoW, I have been really skeptical about just dropping it and putting time into TOR. Then again with D3 around the corner as well I just don't feel like I have the time to put into it right now. Although I would have liked to.

Comment

• Wow was a level grind, i wanted to raid so i got there as fast as i could becausecthats where the only real story was. With TOR, i'm in the story from the start and i love it.

Havent had this much fun in an MMO for a long time.

Comment

• Did I read this wrong on swtor.com or is it if I buy it now (origin download) I can play before tomorrow? Im in! Even if I have to wait till tomorro.

Comment

Working...
                                X