Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't most people going to play a jedi Knight/Sith Warrior character. Wont the servers have an over abundance of them? I know the developers are making it so any char can fit any role, but I doubt there will be many smuglers/agents or bounty hunters around.
    I may be wrong.

Comment

I thought the same thing about the sith warrior/jedi knight but we have roles setup on my guild and very few are playing sith warriors. Bounty Hunters seem to be the most popular with agent as the least popular.

**EDIT** Nevermind, I just checked again and the Sith have gone way up so yeah you may see alot of light sabers in the game.
      Last edited by Lason; 07-28-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Do we know how big the worlds are going to be? IN SWG they were huge. In WOW they were not that big. Has anybody read anything on it? I have not had a chance to find this kind of stuff out and work doesn't allow me to look at anything to do with video games.

Comment

I havent heard but I assume it will be closer to size of SWG considering everyone will have their own ships. Once again just an assumption though.

Comment

I think the way they got around the over abundance of Jedi/Sith in the game is by mapping the only two other classes worth playing Bounty Hunter and Smuggler, to Trooper and Imperial Agent.

I think because of the Star Wars lore you'll see a lot of people want to be Smugglers, based on the Han Solo character followers, and a lot of people wanting to be Bounty Hunters based on the Boba/Jango Fett fans.

Also, like any MMO, each class has specializations that others won't have, and they will be able to balance abilities between them.

Basically here's the layouts:

Trooper - Republic and Bounty Hunter - Sith will have the same mappings as far as abilities and Specializations:
            Vangauard
            Unstoppable and utterly fearless, Vanguards wade into battle wearing advanced heavy armor. They are the first and best line of defense in the Republic military. These steadfast soldiers ignore personal risk, deliberately stepping into the line of fire to divert danger from allies and innocents. Though their tactical role is inherently dangerous, Vanguards have an uncanny survivability due to their expert defensive tactics and the advanced technology at their disposal.

PowerTech
            A Powertech wears heavy plating like a second skin and never
            balks at taking on the newest prototype technology if it means greater protection and upgraded safeguards. The best in armor shielding, smart defensive tactics and high-powered flamethrowers combine to make the Powertech an impenetrable one-man blockade, from which few enemies
            escape unscathed.

Commando
            Trained in advanced assault tactics and weaponry, Commandos charge battlefields with massive blaster cannons, overwhelming their enemies with brute firepower. Whether taking out an enemy bunker with focused fire or driving back an Imperial charge with a hail of concussive bolts, the Commando’s high-powered hardware dominates the scene, laying waste to all unfortunates who fall within its range. Many of the Republic’s greatest military victories can be credited to the decisive actions of a Commando in the field.

Mercenary
            If the best defense is a good offense, the Mercenary’s got the most intimidating defense in the galaxy. Heavily-modded blasters and deadly heatseeking missiles make the Mercenary a mobile heavy weapons platform. There’s no problem extra firepower can’t solve, and no one who knows what he’s doing gets between a Mercenary and his target.
            Smuggler - Republic and Imperial Agent - Sith will have the same mappings as far as abilities and Specializations
            Gunslinger
            Master of the trick shot, the first to dive for cover and willing to take advantage of every opportunity, the Gunslinger and his dual blasters are the perfect team. The Gunslinger can shoot out a man's legs to keep him from charging, blind him so he can't get to his weapons or inflict serious injuries for maximum distraction. There's a right target for ending every disagreement and the Gunslinger knows them like the inside of his ship.

Operative
            Combining the expertise of multiple disciplines, Operatives adapt to any environment and any circumstance to ensure the Empire’s agenda is achieved. Whether emerging from stealth to ambush and eliminate enemies in close-range combat or using advanced medical technologies to keep colleagues in the fight, the Operative is able to identify the needs of any situation and react accordingly.

Scoundrel
            The Scoundrel doesn't have time for politeness or a fair fight.
            In addition to his trusty blaster the Scoundrel packs a stealth belt, a scattergun and a med pack--everything he needs to get in, knock the enemy for a loop and get out alive. Being invisible works best, but even when Sith fly through the air waving Lightsabers all they get to do is look surprised as the Scoundrel's scattergun sends them back the way they came. The Scoundrel always shoots first.

Sniper
            CFocused on covert tactics and eliminating sensitive targets, Imperial Snipers are the most elite and professional sharpshooters in the galaxy. After extensive training, the Sniper’s long range blaster rifle becomes a weapon of exacting precision, allowing him to target enemies’ vulnerabilities and strike at the perfect moment to turn the tide of battle.
            Jedi Knight - Republic and Sith Warrior - Sith will have the same mappings as far as abilities and Specializations
            Guardian
            A wall between the good people of the Republic and their enemies, the Guardian stands firm in the face of overwhelming odds and dares opponents to attack. Perfect concentration and use of the Force allows smooth movement even in heavy armor--making the Guardian a hard target to take down. Leaders on and off the battlefield, Guardians are known for inspiring allies to amazing feats, making them invaluable for conflicts of any size.

Juggernaut
            Sith who train in the stalwart arts of the Juggernaut boast unrivaled stamina in battle. Through diligence and clarity, the Juggernaut shapes the Force to his will to become nearly invulnerable. Damage that would destroy others is shrugged off, and futility fills the Juggernaut's foes with doubt and despair. Protecting their allies and punishing their adversaries, they charge into the thick of any fray, and take the brunt of the assault and are even able to drain the energy of their enemies to further strengthen their resolve

Sentinel
            Control and focus are the hallmarks of the Sentinel. Through years of training the Sentinel learns the art of using two Lightsabers simultaneously to create an intricate web of damage that is almost impossible to evade. Manipulating the Force, the Sentinel can see holes in the enemy defense, potential flaws in their own technique and how best to plan for both.

Marauder
            Wielding two sabers and unmatched aggression, Sith trained as Marauders slice through enemy ranks, dealing death with merciless efficiency. Able to intuit precisely how to attack in order to maximize every strike, their adversaries become victims in the blink of an eye. Whether annihilating a squad of
            Republic troops or cutting down a single Jedi, the Marauder sees and exploits every weakness to exact the greatest toll. Never hesitating, never faltering, there is no swifter bringer
            of pain and damage in the galaxy.
            Jedi Consular - Republic and Sith Inquisitor - Sith will have the same mappings as far as abilities and Specializations They haven't released the Jedi Consular Specializations yet, but they'll match these, just with different names
            Sorcerer
            The Dark Side holds dangerous secrets – and immense power for those who dare to uncover them. The Sorcerer reaches into the darkest corners of the Force to harness volatile energies that can wreak devastation on his enemies and bolster or even heal his allies. The air around a Sorcerer crackles with dark energy, and those foolish enough to get in a Sorcerer’s way soon learn a new definition of suffering.

Assassin
            Speed and deception are the tools in the Assassin’s arsenal. Whether using stealth to infiltrate a Republic base and remove a high-profile target or tactically entering a large-scale battle, the Assassin’s dual-bladed Lightsaber flashes with deadly precision to provide a relentless offense and when necessary, a formidable defense. The Assassin can channel the Force just as easily, mentally assaulting an enemy and manipulating a confrontation to ensure his side maintains the upper hand.

Last edited by Silverback; 07-28-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

As for the galaxy size it looks to be pretty large considering everyone gets a ship...

They've announced 17 Planets so far, including:

Tythoon, Korriban, Hutta, Ord Mantell, Coruscant, Balmorra, Alderaan, Tatooine, Dromund Kaas, Taris, Belsavis, Voss, Hoth, Nar Shaddaa, Corellia, Ilum, and Quesh.

Comment

Any news on player houses or guild halls. that was one of my favorite things on swg.

Comment

No player housing in the release, and hopefully they keep it out of the game. IMO

No guild halls either, but there is talk about a guild ship as a future enhancement, but not a release.

Comment

So is this going to be like WoW, just Star Wars based but bigger? I never played the first one and don't know anything about it, so I really have nothing to compare it to.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It's an MMO, but built on the same engine as Dragon Age II, and Mass Effect 2.

Much more of a First Person-ish feel, with a decision tree built into the game, which makes everyone's experience different, almost like a choose your own adventure sort of deal. With a Star Wars overlay

Comment

"be a guy who can use the coolest fantasy weapon ever invented, who leads the republic/sith, be able to flex nuts and block blasters, force push everything.....or be the guy with a pew pew pew gun"

Same reason everyone wanted to play this guy:

instead of this guy:

In Warhammer online.

Comment

Yeah, but everyone knows, Smugglers/Imperial Agents get all the ladies

[Han]I know[/Han]

Comment

Sounds like I need to get a computer built to run this or pick up a laptop that'll run it.
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

And who is going to play Trooper aka Red Shirts of Star Wars?

Even in all the promo videos where they hype up each of the classes for being badasses, the troopers role is :Try not to die until a jedi can come here and save my ass.

=P

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                                And who is going to play Trooper aka Red Shirts of Star Wars?

Even in all the promo videos where they hype up each of the classes for being badasses, the troopers role is :Try not to die until a jedi can come here and save my ass.

=P
                                Is the trooper a DPS type class?

Comment

Working...
                                X