Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a member of bioware, i wonder if thats the problem,

Comment

• Yeah thats different than the email I got last week.....

Greetings Lason,

Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Beta Weekend Test. If you have previously tested or are currently participating in an ongoing test, you will be invited again. Additional details for this upcoming test will be announced soon.

As part of this test, we will be partnering with games industry sites to distribute additional beta codes as necessary. This will help ensure we meet our population goals, so we can effectively stress test our servers in preparation for launch. Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.

As a reminder, should you choose to participate, everything associated with this test (game information, process, forums communication, etc.) is confidential and may not be discussed outside of the Game Testing forum. Additionally, your participation in the Game Testing Program is subject to the Game Testing Agreement.

May the Force be with you,
      The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

Comment

• And I just noticed that email specifically says not to redeem any of the beta keys put out. I redeemed one the other day, lol. Oh well, hopefully I still get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
          Yeah thats different than the email I got last week.....

Greetings Lason,

Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢ Beta Weekend Test. If you have previously tested or are currently participating in an ongoing test, you will be invited again. Additional details for this upcoming test will be announced soon.

As part of this test, we will be partnering with games industry sites to distribute additional beta codes as necessary. This will help ensure we meet our population goals, so we can effectively stress test our servers in preparation for launch. Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.

As a reminder, should you choose to participate, everything associated with this test (game information, process, forums communication, etc.) is confidential and may not be discussed outside of the Game Testing forum. Additionally, your participation in the Game Testing Program is subject to the Game Testing Agreement.

May the Force be with you,
          The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team
          I got the same one, but no code yet

Comment

• I have beta tested a couple times already. You will get an email most likely tuesday the 22 where you can click to accept the test. Then you will be taken to a site to download the client. Not before, no one has gotten the email yet to download the client. If you tested the weekend of nov. 11-13 then all you need to do is download the patch, which still isn't out. This is if you put in to beta test BEFORE 11-11-11 I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
              it came to my bioware social network thingy in a private message.

This is part of the social networking invites. My understanding from swtor FAQs if you opted into beta testing in your profile on swtor, you will get an email probably mon or tuesday with download info. The BETA Keys are only needed if you are getting a key though a social site, not from Swtor. I have never got, or used a beta key. You are just able to download the client once you get the email next week if you registered through swtor.

Comment

• When will the Beta Testing Weekend start?
                We are targeting November 25-28 for our upcoming Beta Testing Weekend. Exact timing on when you will be invited will be specified in your invite email.

Will this be the final Beta Testing Weekend?
                Currently, we expect it to be.

Will I be able to download the game client in advance of the weekend?Yes, we will be sending out invites to download the game client in advance of the upcoming weekend.

I logged in to www.swtor.com/tester and there is no download link. Am I still invited to testing?

Yes. The page will change when you are able to download the game client, which will happen closer to the upcoming weekend's start.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic. Will I get invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?
                Yes, you will. Every person that is signed up and opted in for Game Testing before November 11th will be invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I have not signed up, or opted in for testing by November 11th?

We are partnering with a number of games media sites worldwide to give away Beta Test Weekend Codes. They are listed in this article. If you receive a code from any of these sites, you will need to sign up on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com to redeem that code. Further instructions are listed in the post directly below this one.

Should I try and get a key from a media partner, just in case?
                If you were already signed up for testing before November 11th, you do not need an additional key. By taking a key, you'll deny someone else a chance to test the game - so please do not apply for a key you will not need!

If you have further questions, please ask them in this thread and we'll try to answer them.

Comment

• Check your email, gents or head to: http://www.swtor.com/tester

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    Check your email, gents or head to: http://www.swtor.com/tester

Whats awesome is the testers from nov. 11-13th will still have their characters.

Comment

• downloading now, had hell getting the installer loaded though. Had to boot into safe mode and install it that way. Otherwise it just opened and immediatley closed.

Comment

• The good news is I'm downloading at a pretty decent pace. 1200KB/s so far I've downloaded ~20 gigs. a 1.5 gig intro movie and the "main asset" files were 19.XX gigs, and I've only got 600MB left, been downloading for ~3 hours.

Edit: correction 487 MB left, I went through over 100 megs in the time it took to type this post.

Comment

• Mine started out 80kb/s and has been going up and is up to 290kb/s for th main movie. Now its on the main assets and just jumped to 1400kb/s and climbing. Im going to bed though so Ill let it run all night.

Comment

• Man that site is getting hammered, my login keeps timing out.

Comment

• Can I download this on another computer, one I don't want to install it on?
                              edit: looks like the setup.exe only lets you download/install. I was hoping to download this on my server overnight, than copy over to my laptop where i'll be playing.

Comment

• it wont let me log in to download the game, says my password is incorrect and wont send me an email to reset it. im going to call them tomorrow
                                2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
                                1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
                                1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
                                1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
                                2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                                2011 Ford Mustang V6
                                2011 Ford Mustang GT
                                2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                                2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Working...