Switching from DSL to Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from DSL to Cable

Anyone switch from DSL to cable for internet?
    Do I need a new modem? New router...
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

New router, no.

I would just return the modem and get a new one with the cable company if it wasn't mine.

Comment

I switched from ATT to TWC because of price and speed reasons. If you switch to TWC, make sure they give you a brand new modem/router. The tech gave me a crappy NetGear wireless modem/router and it keeps dropping connections. Now I have to find the time to go to their office to exchange it. On top of that, it was a used beat up one, not new. I wasnt there when it was installed or I would have demanded a new unit at the time.

But when it does connect, it's fast.
      BF3 Stats

Comment

Originally posted by TeknoBlast View Post
        I switched from ATT to TWC because of price and speed reasons. If you switch to TWC, make sure they give you a brand new modem/router. The tech gave me a crappy NetGear wireless modem/router and it keeps dropping connections. Now I have to find the time to go to their office to exchange it. On top of that, it was a used beat up one, not new. I wasnt there when it was installed or I would have demanded a new unit at the time.

But when it does connect, it's fast.

Is it free? How much you pay a month?

Comment

For 10MB line, I pay $30 month. That rate is good for a year. The NetGear modem/router is not charged. Thats probably why they gave me a crappy used one.
          BF3 Stats

Comment

Do I need a separate router to have wifi?

Comment

The NetGear device they have me is an all in one. So if they give you a brand new one, there's no need to buy a wireless router since the all-in-one includes the modem and wireless router.

For me, I rather have just the modem and I'll get my own wireless router.
              BF3 Stats

Comment

Working...
              X