Call of Duty Elite premium....$50 per year & montly DLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty Elite premium....$50 per year & montly DLC

Call of Duty Elite, Activision’s new social network and stat-tracking service that will launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 — and work with last year’s Call of Duty: Black Ops — is largely going to be free to use. But there are very good reasons for investing in Elite. At the war game maker’s Call of […]

At the war game maker’s Call of Duty XP gathering, Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg finally put a price on the premium subscription it plans to offer to Call of Duty Elite members: $US50 per year. That’s $US10 less than the cost of purchasing a year’s worth of downloadable map packs at $US15 a pop, Hirshberg says, which millions of Call of Duty fans seem content to do annually.

Call of Duty Elite premium....$50 per year & montly DLC

hahahahaha, I really hope the community rages on activision I wish more would open their eyes and stop paying for this regurgitating bullshit they call "new"

Everyone is going to be too busy playing BF3 and Skyrim to worry about this, no one wants to play the same game over and over and over. Only revenue they will get will be the tournament players on consoles.
    Your passage to Enlightenment will come from the end of my barrel.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
    The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by LeXXon View Post
      Everyone is going to be too busy playing BF3 and Skyrim to worry about this, no one wants to play the same game over and over and over. Only revenue they will get will be the tournament players on consoles.
      I'm pretty sure it'll still break records, but i'm sure the masses will find a way to view this as "good."
      Remember Kotick has been quoted before stating, if he could charge them (us gamers) more he would.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        I'm pretty sure it'll still break records, but i'm sure the masses will find a way to view this as "good."
        Remember Kotick has been quoted before stating, if he could charge them (us gamers) more he would.
        Consoles will be the only thing breaking records on this one if any. I don't see how people can't tell its the same game?!?! Am I watching the wrong trailers or what?
        Your passage to Enlightenment will come from the end of my barrel.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
        The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by LeXXon View Post
          Consoles will be the only thing breaking records on this one if any. I don't see how people can't tell its the same game?!?! Am I watching the wrong trailers or what?
          You know what to look for, I LOVED at E3 when they were talking about MW3 and they asked them what engine it was on. And they didn't have shit to say except it was the same engine with "tweaks."

If people can't see that this game is the same shit over and over, than well their arguments about anything else is invalid imo.

Comment

haha, I dont plan on gettin MW3. NEver have played battlefield, but thats what im going with instead of MW3
            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

They are nuts. $50 for their crappy service. Glad I'm passing on this years COD game. Battlefield will be my new series for now on.
              BF3 Stats

Comment

I'll buy it next year off the used rack or off craigslist, but no way in hell i'm forking over new$ for this.

Someone tried saying "If it wasn't a good game, then so many people wouldn't love it."

I replied with "according to that logic, McDonalds is the best food in the world."
                sigpic

Comment

I've watched the game play videos from the show they recently had it looks exactly the same as MW2. Now i still play the hell out of MW2. Almost everyday. I'm fine with the game looking the same as long as playability is great. I'm still gonna get BF3 and MW3 to play both and see which is better.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                    I've watched the game play videos from the show they recently had it looks exactly the same as MW2. Now i still play the hell out of MW2. Almost everyday. I'm fine with the game looking the same as long as playability is great. I'm still gonna get BF3 and MW3 to play both and see which is better.
                    I'm not fine with paying more money for something i already have.
                    It's like buying every guitar hero that comes out. Yes, that is exactly what it is like.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      I'm not fine with paying more money for something i already have.
                      It's like buying every guitar hero that comes out. Yes, that is exactly what it is like.
                      Yea it really is the same game. It has a few tweaks, looks like less weapons, added a few, etc. But game play looks exactly the same. Since i've never played a BF game I really can't wait to play it. From the videos i've seen it looks like a bunch of chaos and killing which is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                        Yea it really is the same game. It has a few tweaks, looks like less weapons, added a few, etc. But game play looks exactly the same. Since i've never played a BF game I really can't wait to play it. From the videos i've seen it looks like a bunch of chaos and killing which is fun.
                        If you plan on playing on pc, get Bad Company 2 from amazon or steam on download. Incredibly cheap right now.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                          If you plan on playing on pc, get Bad Company 2 from amazon or steam on download. Incredibly cheap right now.
                          Bought the PC version last week off of GS for 14.99, which includes BC2 and some Battlefield 2 collection.
                          BF3 Stats

Comment

Working...
                          X