Networking people in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking people in here

My grand-paw wants me to make his little netgear range extender work for him. It says that your router must support something I guess I've not heard of, called WPS. It says that routers that support it will have a button on them to turn it on. All he has is one of those ATT issued 2wire wireless modem/routers. There is no button, and I couldn't find anything regarding it in the settings. Anyone here happen to know if 2Wire modems support this feature?

what model modem?

Comment

WPS is a netgear proprietary function, the at&t 2wire doesnt support it.

Think of it as a setup for dummies broadcast button. Click it, it broadcasts for any netgear devices and will sync to it.

Comment

Nice thanks. So if that's a netgear proprietary function, how do you set up the typical range extender? Is it something in the modem settings?

Comment

Most typical range extenders dont work with any security enabled ssid's unless you go through a drawn out process.

Linksys has one that can, but its not plug n play

Comment

So netgear kinda has the market cornered on it... for now. I'll just tell him to buy a netgear. He won't mind he just wants it to work.

Comment

Working...
            X