windows 8 developer preview build released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 8 developer preview build released

grabbing the x64 version now, hope it doesn't bitch in a vm.

It will not install in a vm, does a pretty good job at spell checking and punctuation. while typing this I misspelled a lot of words and it fixed them. It has a total netbook/tablet vibe and I do not see this as much use on a desktop. Boots up ridiculously fast as well.

the new search is like, fucking finally windows. very nice i like it alot.

REALLY digging the new task manager.

I do not like the fact that the window key takes you back to the MetroUI, you can kill it but it breaks other things. Oh and here's the other thing. I don't know how to enable vysnc but there is a lot of screen tearing going on when shuffling through the metro ui.

Comment

Nice update.

Man that screen tearing would bug me, already bugs me in games that don't have a VSYNC option.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        It will not install in a vm, does a pretty good job at spell checking and punctuation. while typing this I misspelled a lot of words and it fixed them. It has a total netbook/tablet vibe and I do not see this as much use on a desktop. Boots up ridiculously fast as well.
        It won't run on VMWare but it runs pretty darn good on VirtualBox
        Instructions here: http://www.mytricks.in/2011/09/guide...developer.html

Comment

I'll stick with xp.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
            I'll stick with xp.
            i would have too. it did everything i needed it to.

Comment

Windows 2000 Pro did just about anything I ever wanted it do.

Comment

Installed it and after 30 minutes of playing with it, I went back to windows 7. Looks great for tablets, but for a everyday computer. There is no way I could get used to it.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if we are about to see the steady decline and crash of Microsuck over the next few years. They just seem to be ever so steadily losing sight of what the market wants.

Comment

Windows 8 kinda looks childish. I think i'll stick with 7

Comment

it looks "app based"

kind of like...oh, i don't know...OS X.
                      Originally posted by 56482
                      only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Dont like the tile thing they are going for. I seriously considered one of their phones and that is what killed it for me, looks like the same for Windows 8.

Comment

my shit is taking it's dear sweet time to download right now.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by JJs89lx View Post
                            Installed it and after 30 minutes of playing with it, I went back to windows 7. Looks great for tablets, but for a everyday computer. There is no way I could get used to it.
                            The Metro interface is meant for tablets. It would only be useful on a PC if that PC has a touch screen.

Originally posted by suckerdin View Post
                            it looks "app based"

kind of like...oh, i don't know...OS X.
                            Umm, every OS is "app based".

The thing I like about metro is how they make use of the tiles to convey data without launching an app. I don't think android does that and iOS definitely doesn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
                              I'll stick with xp.
                              I don't know how the hell you run such an old OS. W7 is lightyears better.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X