Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with new motherboard and Graphics card

I just recently received an Nvidia 560Gtx and a Biostar Th61A motherboard

Windows will not boot after installing the video card drivers but only if it is in the upper pci express x16 2.0 slot. If I put it in the slower pci express slot it boots fine. In either slot the video is fine if I'm in the bios or in safe mode. It's only after I install the drivers that it cannot boot. This is even after a fresh install of Windows 7.

I've tried older and newer drivers. With the older drivers I see the welcome screen appear and it is in high resolution but right before it gets to the desktop the screen goes blank the monitor seems to lose connection with the video card and then the system reboots.

I've updated the BIOS on the motherboard but no help. So do I need to send this board back and get a different one?

Thanks

Originally posted by Marklar View Post
    I just recently received an Nvidia 560Gtx and a Biostar Th61A motherboard

Windows will not boot after installing the video card drivers but only if it is in the upper pci express x16 2.0 slot. If I put it in the slower pci express slot it boots fine. In either slot the video is fine if I'm in the bios or in safe mode. It's only after I install the drivers that it cannot boot. This is even after a fresh install of Windows 7.

I've tried older and newer drivers. With the older drivers I see the welcome screen appear and it is in high resolution but right before it gets to the desktop the screen goes blank the monitor seems to lose connection with the video card and then the system reboots.

I've updated the BIOS on the motherboard but no help. So do I need to send this board back and get a different one?

Thanks
    I wanna say yes, send it back, but I also wanna see some titties newb :P

Comment

Have you disabled the mobo (on board video) video card through bios? I had this problem not too long ago.
      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
        Have you disabled the mobo (on board video) video card through bios? I had this problem not too long ago.
        Yep tried that. And to clarify my post, my board has two x16 slots but one runs in x1 mode. The card only works properly in the x16/x1 slot

Like I said it appears to be fine in the x16/x16 slot until it needs to use the driver

I've already have an rma in place and am going to frys this morning and picking up an Asus

Comment

Originally posted by Marklar View Post
          Yep tried that. And to clarify my post, my board has two x16 slots but one runs in x1 mode. The card only works properly in the x16/x1 slot

Like I said it appears to be fine in the x16/x16 slot until it needs to use the driver

I've already have an rma in place and am going to frys this morning and picking up an Asus

Yeah I recently ditched my MSI board and picked up a new AM3+ Asus board eagarly awaiting the bulldozer. The Asus board is 10x the board that MSI was, no problems, no stupid ass errors, all my ram works fine.. I really did not like MSI.

Board manufacturers I have had the worse experience with in order from worst to best.

Gigabyte
          MSI
          Abit
          Asus
          Intel
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Asus is my top choice but I've also used MSI and Gigabyte in the past with no problems. Been using a Gigabyte for the past 5 years and only replacing it because I need to upgrade so I can play Battlefield 3 and stop slowing down Starcraft II matches.

I ended up getting an MSI this morning. I'll set it all up later this afternoon and try it out and hope it works. If so, I'll never take Lexxon's advice on motherboards again :P (jk)

Comment

It works!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X