No announcement yet.

time for a new internet connection speed test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New place, not bad for having the 30 Mbps package...
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• That's good dude. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon last night about my speed. We have the 75/35 package and were only getting 12/5. Changed some channel and port settings with the tech and now it's getting around 72/40 so I'm happy.
      The only issue (aside from not being able to stream a 720p youtube video) was that all the speed test sites (4 of them) showed about 16/6 . But Verizons test showed 74/32 before the fix, wtf?
      Ded

Comment

• Yeah, I've found that some of the sites show much lower speeds than others, and it just didn't seem right. I tested on my phone via wifi and got the true speed, so I looked at some other test sites, and 4 were almost identical to the speed I got above, some were showing single digit Mbps speeds. It must be something not jiving with those sites.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          Yeah, I've found that some of the sites show much lower speeds than others, and it just didn't seem right. I tested on my phone via wifi and got the true speed, so I looked at some other test sites, and 4 were almost identical to the speed I got above, some were showing single digit Mbps speeds. It must be something not jiving with those sites.
          It seemed to me that Verizon was bullshitting the customers since their test was the only one out of 5 that was showing anything remotely close to what I am paying for. I made that allegation last night and about 20 minutes ago I had some senior rep call me and offer some free upgrades/promotions. I asked her to call me back later today to discuss so we'll see.
          Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
            That's good dude. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon last night about my speed. We have the 75/35 package and were only getting 12/5. Changed some channel and port settings with the tech and now it's getting around 72/40 so I'm happy.
            The only issue (aside from not being able to stream a 720p youtube video) was that all the speed test sites (4 of them) showed about 16/6 . But Verizons test showed 74/32 before the fix, wtf?
            The thing with youtube is a redirect that ISPs use. There are a few different ways to fix it if you google it, but I'm lazy right now.

Just got uverse at the house setup today, 18/2 package. 77/2 with the vpn turned on.

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              New place, not bad for having the 30 Mbps package...
              Their base package where Spectrum is offered just went to 60meg for the same price. The downside is that all of their channels are encrypted now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                The thing with youtube is a redirect that ISPs use. There are a few different ways to fix it if you google it, but I'm lazy right now.

Just got uverse at the house setup today, 18/2 package. 77/2 with the vpn turned on.

Yeah, the best way is to block certain IP ranges responsible for throttling the stream.

sudo ipfw add reject src-ip 173.194.55.0/24 in
                sudo ipfw add reject src-ip 206.111.0.0/16 in
                Ded

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                      Yeah, the best way is to block certain IP ranges responsible for throttling the stream.

sudo ipfw add reject src-ip 173.194.55.0/24 in
                      sudo ipfw add reject src-ip 206.111.0.0/16 in
                      What if you don't have an X based OS in the house?
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Comment

• At&t Uverse 300mbps up and down
                          92 Undercover SSP Coupe.
                          15 GT w/PP

Comment

• Fuck someone needs to do something in Arlington.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              I can get close to 700ms down, but that's it. The full gig will elude me until I can dig in to my systems hardware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                NTT America, is that at your job?

Comment

Working...
                                X