No announcement yet.

BF3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll get off work at 3 and I'll try to get on for a little bit before Jenn and I go shoot some pool.

Has anyone unlocked the pp-19 yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
      I'll get off work at 3 and I'll try to get on for a little bit before Jenn and I go shoot some pool.

Has anyone unlocked the pp-19 yet?
      Ive unlocked the first 5 guns and I should have the next 5 done by the end of next week. The pp-19 is ok, but w.o a sight or anything yet it is hard to give it value.

Comment

• I agree with James, No sight and it is just another sub gun. nothing that blows wind up my skirt.

Comment

• I always am an engineer online....is there weakspots on the tanks when it comes to rpg rounds, or is a hit anywhere the same damage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
            I always am an engineer online....is there weakspots on the tanks when it comes to rpg rounds, or is a hit anywhere the same damage?
            Hitting it in the rear does the most damage followed by the side, the front of the tank is the strongest. Here is a video that includes damage with different weapons/vehicles.
            Last edited by Duncan; 12-20-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              Hitting it in the rear does the most damage followed by the side, the front of the tank is the strongest. Here is a video that includes damage with different weapons/vehicles.
              The reason I'm creating an all inclusive tank video is because of videos like this which do not explain the damage properly. Angle is involved in your RPG damage. Too much angle, and it does nothing. slight angle and it does 30% of full side damage, etc.
              Last edited by CJ; 12-20-2011, 03:51 PM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                The reason I'm creating an all inclusive tank video is because of videos like this which do not explain the damage properly. Angle is involved in your RPG damage. Too much angle, and it does nothing. slight angle and it does 30% of full side damage, etc.
                I would assume you get the most damage by hitting the tank straight on and without any angle. That makes the most sense to me anyway.

Comment

• I fired two RPG rockets at a tank from above and destroyed it, versus 5 or more (other teammates firing as well) directly into it's side and never disabled it. He did have reactive armor, but it was the same tank driver.

Comment

• Thought everyone knew this...apparently some people don't. Always aim for the back of the tank, especially in Battlefield 3, if you are playing Bad Company 2 then you hit a tank just about anywhere 2 times and it is dead.
                    Your passage to Enlightenment will come from the end of my barrel.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
                    The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

• SOFLAM increases dmg done to tanks as well.

Comment

I would assume you get the most damage by hitting the tank straight on and without any angle. That makes the most sense to me anyway.
                        A 90* angle does max damage. Approximately 60* does 80%, 30* does 10%, and greater than that does no damage whatsoever. I will have a 3d render to show it in more detail.

So, if the tank is at a 45* angle to you, where you can see part of the rear, and most of the side, you do more damage shooting the side then you do the rear of the tank.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
                          SOFLAM increases dmg done to tanks as well.
                          It does substantially. Anything that is lased will cause a top attack, completely negating any reactive armor, and doing about twice as much damage as normal. 1 lased impact will disable a tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            A 90* angle does max damage. Approximately 60* does 80%, 30* does 10%, and greater than that does no damage whatsoever. I will have a 3d render to show it in more detail.

So, if the tank is at a 45* angle to you, where you can see part of the rear, and most of the side, you do more damage shooting the side then you do the rear of the tank.
                            Ah, this is good to know. All the more reason to finish your video I have been reading about

Comment

Ah, this is good to know. All the more reason to finish your video I have been reading about

Range also plays a factor.

Comment

• Last night our party got kicked from the server with the opponents only having one ticket left in conquest. That may have been a game to post up on the BF3 ownage thread, but we'll never know now. I know it was certainly my best K/D ratio I've ever had.

At least I got to keep the unlocks and promotion.

I'm wondering if a majority of the other team rage quit at the last minute to keep us from getting our points. I'm pretty sure our party had the first 6 slots taken for points in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X