BF3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
    I love getting guys like you out of tanks to see how you fair, not saying you don't do good but a lot of guys will just sit and wait for tanks because they are shit with a rifle
    First rule of driving a tank is never get out of the tank when you're taking fire... no matter what. Why run across a map when I can do 5 - 10x the damage in a tank? This isn't Call of Duty so I'll be damned if I don't use my tank to the fullest. What's even better is when you get guys like Muffrazr, NTexas_V-Star, Chvyblzr, and myself teaming up in tanks and running different perks that just one person alone won't have.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• The tanks are a bitch for sure, but thats why there is classes and equiptment to take them out. I've just recently started working on my Engineer class to start taking them out. Tank hunting is actually alot of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
        The tanks are a bitch for sure, but thats why there is classes and equiptment to take them out. I've just recently started working on my Engineer class to start taking them out. Tank hunting is actually alot of fun.
        It was twice as fun when mines didn't show up on the mini map. I'd like to know what they were thinking by changing that. C4'ing a tank is quite satisfying as well.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
          It was twice as fun when mines didn't show up on the mini map. I'd like to know what they were thinking by changing that. C4'ing a tank is quite satisfying as well.
          I've played with Robert a couple of times, but I don't ever see you online. Did you change your name to one of those dozen people on my list I don't know who they are? lol. What time do you guys usually play?

Comment

I've played with Robert a couple of times, but I don't ever see you online. Did you change your name to one of those dozen people on my list I don't know who they are? lol. What time do you guys usually play?
            TAF Cobraman

Add me
            2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
              I love getting guys like you out of tanks to see how you fair, not saying you don't do good but a lot of guys will just sit and wait for tanks because they are shit with a rifle
              I'm very good on the ground also, you just can't average a 6.0 KDR outside of the tank.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I haven't been on as much lately, I've split my time between xbox and playing EVE on the PC with AL P. I'm also trying to spend less time on my games and more time on doing something active like running, working out, or just taking the dog for a walk.

I did change my name to FORGTN SOLD1ER and the group of us that typically play will be on anytime between about 5:30 and 11:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  TAF Cobraman

Add me

Will do.

tag: JKDsteve

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  I haven't been on as much lately, I've split my time between xbox and playing EVE on the PC with AL P. I'm also trying to spend less time on my games and more time on doing something active like running, working out, or just taking the dog for a walk.

I did change my name to FORGTN SOLD1ER and the group of us that typically play will be on anytime between about 5:30 and 11:30.
                  Good for you Greg. I'm glad to hear you are taking car of yourself. Hopefully it's helping you feel better.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    I'm very good on the ground also, you just can't average a 6.0 KDR outside of the tank.
                    Puss. Tanks are cool, but it takes more skill to get 6.0 kdr ground pounding.

Anyone can get kills in a tank. But half these battlefield pussies can't do shit outside of armor. Which pisses me off.

Matt, robert, etc tank whore but they could do just about the same damage with a rifle, not to mention actually use the tank for objectives. They get a pass.
                    2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      Puss. Tanks are cool, but it takes more skill to get 6.0 kdr ground pounding.

Anyone can get kills in a tank. But half these battlefield pussies can't do shit outside of armor. Which pisses me off.

Matt, robert, etc tank whore but they could do just about the same damage with a rifle, not to mention actually use the tank for objectives. They get a pass.
                      Oh don't get all butt hurt. I'm very good at the tank, to the point of unkillable unless I'm being triple teamed. I'm not the typical tank driver, I chase infantry down, pursue other tanks, shoot down choppers/jets, take points, etc. Sure you can get kills in the tank, but there are people that are decent, and people that are very good at it. I can do the work of 10 infantry in that tank, which benefits the team far more than even the most bad ass infantry soldier. I can run around killing people with a rifle (I averaged a 1.8 KDR doing that) but I find the tank much more beneficial to the team.
                      Last edited by CJ; 01-11-2012, 10:42 AM.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I like vehicles, a lot. However, I hate running one with a random. Especially when they don't know what the blinking icon and orange arrows on the mini map mean.

Tank hunting is an absolute blast. I have adjusted how I use mines, seeing as they show up on the mini map. I will place them far enough apart that they won't blow up domino style and let the tank fire off some rounds while I hit them with an RPG from a rather advantageous angle while staying just outside of their proximity sensor.
                        OOoooor.... I'll jihad jeep that shitbox if the tank houses a solid team.

A good helicopter team will rape a tank all day long.

CJ, I tried to shoot down a helicopter with several canister shells and it barely made any damage at less than 75 meters. I'm guessing some parameters are different on PC. On XBOX that canister shell is an absolute joke against anything, infantry included.

Comment

• What is the trick to taking out tanks? Do you need to hit them in any paticular location to do more damage? It seems that sometimes I can hit one with a rocket once and get the kill. But other times I've hit the same tank 4 or 5 times only for him to turn and blast me. It's very frustrating at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                            I like vehicles, a lot. However, I hate running one with a random. Especially when they don't know what the blinking icon and orange arrows on the mini map mean.

Tank hunting is an absolute blast. I have adjusted how I use mines, seeing as they show up on the mini map. I will place them far enough apart that they won't blow up domino style and let the tank fire off some rounds while I hit them with an RPG from a rather advantageous angle while staying just outside of their proximity sensor.
                            OOoooor.... I'll jihad jeep that shitbox if the tank houses a solid team.

A good helicopter team will rape a tank all day long.

CJ, I tried to shoot down a helicopter with several canister shells and it barely made any damage at less than 75 meters. I'm guessing some parameters are different on PC. On XBOX that canister shell is an absolute joke against anything, infantry included.
                            You'd be surprised of infrequently I get taken out by helicopters. It's just you rarely encounter someone in a tank which is very aware of his surroundings. If there is a chopper in the area I know where he is, and I can hit him with canister from halfway across the map 100% of the time. If he is within range I will hit him every single shot. Chopper pilots have to attack an experienced tank for a long distance with zoom optics, or they need to attack at very steep angles and pull up very high above me. Usually what will happen is I'll get a chopper making a run on me, and what I'll do is drive towards them at a high speed causing them to pitch down further to shoot me, and then they have to stop shooting earlier to avoid crashing. When I get strafed, I just sit there and take it, and I turn my turret around facing away from the chopper. When he pulls up after the pass on me, I hit him with my main gun, and then with canister, instant explosion even if he is at full health. I would guess 60-70% of choppers that attack me I can get. If they come at steep angles then I have to find an object to pitch the front of my tank up with to shoot them.

Comment

• Some tanks have reactive armor. That protects them from taking as much damage from each rocket. Also note the location of the gunner turret when you start firing on one. If the turret quickly spins to back of the tank, or opposite from where you're firing, then a teammate has jumped out to repair the tank.

The absolute best place to hit is the upper rear portion. Apparently, a 45 degree angle is the most damaging angle as well. I have fired a rocket nearly straight down right behind the main turret and killed it instantly, though.

If you're squad is working with you, then three rpg's from different sides will destroy a tank.

2 c4 packages will destroy a tank, but you risk the high likelihood that the tank will have proximity sensors.

Comment

What is the trick to taking out tanks? Do you need to hit them in any paticular location to do more damage? It seems that sometimes I can hit one with a rocket once and get the kill. But other times I've hit the same tank 4 or 5 times only for him to turn and blast me. It's very frustrating at times.
                                it all depends on their health. Different locations do different damage. Also, the angle at which you fire plays a roll. You always want a 90* impact, if you have a glancing impact, it does only a fraction of the damage. Also, depending on how ranked they are in the tank, they probably will have reactive armor. Never shoot for the sides of a tank, always shoot for the turret if you can. The rear of the tank does the most damage.

Comment

Working...
                                X