Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sucks you lost a card =/

Comment

• Yeah tell me about it. Although I have been gaming on a single card and I almost like it better. Still have decent FPS and temps stay really cool. I know it will max out SWTOR too.

Comment

• OK I feel little better. Newegg is refunding me the money for the card. I asked for a exchange but they are out of stock so they are just refunding the money. Trying to decide if I want to buy another or just run with one now.

I take a hit on FPS on BF3 but I can max out SWTOR on a single card.

Comment

• Get a 6970, and go trifire. And keep the clocks at 830.

Comment

• I called back up there because something wasnt jiving. The 6990's show to be in stock so there should be no reason to change it to refund. I normally wouldnt mind getting a refund except I would end up loosing money having to re-order. They were subtracting $15 for some discount I got and also I would have to pay shipping on the new card.

Anyway this lady said she would email the warehouse to get a new card shipped out instead of a refund. No telling what they will do though.

Comment

• It's newegg, they'll take care of you - even at their loss. Unless something has changed, which I doubt is the case.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Yeah they have always done me right, I got no complaints about their customer service at all.

Comment

• Okay, so without going through all the last 4 pages of posts, how can I buy a eyefinity card for cheap off one of you guys?
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    Okay, so without going through all the last 4 pages of posts, how can I buy a eyefinity card for cheap off one of you guys?
                    I think your going to see most people hold onto their cards untill the next gen cards come out in a couple months. If you do get your hands on a Radeon 6990 then let me know, newegg just emailed and they are sending a refund after all. I have an extra cooler for the 6990 now unless I decide to order another which may or may not happen. I havent decided what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      I think your going to see most people hold onto their cards untill the next gen cards come out in a couple months. If you do get your hands on a Radeon 6990 then let me know, newegg just emailed and they are sending a refund after all. I have an extra cooler for the 6990 now unless I decide to order another which may or may not happen. I havent decided what to do.
                      So what's the story? Are they just bad cards? Overheating? I plan on shopping for a nice 6 series card when the 7 series comes out. What ATI cards are faster than my GTX 560Ti?
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• They are good cards, my single card seems to run cool by itself.

My only gripe with them is the factory cooler is LOUD.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                          So what's the story? Are they just bad cards? Overheating? I plan on shopping for a nice 6 series card when the 7 series comes out. What ATI cards are faster than my GTX 560Ti?
                          I'm running on a single 6950 2GB version and running BF3 on High with no issues at all at 1920x1200. At the moment I have x2 28inch monitors but plan on expanding to a third with a second 6950 2GB for eyefinity, should be AMAZING!
                          Your passage to Enlightenment will come from the end of my barrel.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
                          The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

• I fucking give up! Sitting there reading a webpage and went back to my desktop and my last 6990 went out. All three monitors just went dark. Tried reseating the card, switching card bios and resetting cmos. Finally threw in my X800 out of my old desktop and it works. This is complete bullshit, I wasnt even doing anything but sitting on the desktop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                              I fucking give up! Sitting there reading a webpage and went back to my desktop and my last 6990 went out. All three monitors just went dark. Tried reseating the card, switching card bios and resetting cmos. Finally threw in my X800 out of my old desktop and it works. This is complete bullshit, I wasnt even doing anything but sitting on the desktop.
                              Deep down inside I think you should have gone with three 6970's or stuck with the oem coolers despite the noise.
                              I hope you can get a refund for it, have you tried booting with the stock bios?

For what its worth, our friend Yuri is running a single 6990 and her temps from what i've seen are pretty darn good for what it is and on the stock oem cooler. Good luck man!

Comment

• Yep tried stock bios, my 30 days with newegg is over so my only hope now is an RMA with MSI. Luckily I registered the cards when I got them. Only issue is I dont have the grey thermal pads for the Vregs for the stock cooler. They came apart when I pulled it apart. I hope that doesnt keep me from getting it RMA'd.

I should be getting my money back for the first 6990 anyday now. Im thinking of getting a single 6970 and if MSI wont RMA this one then pick up another 6970.

Comment

Working...
                                X