No announcement yet.

PC Gamers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 27" Planar screen is on sale for $239.99 ending tomorrow. Hell of a deal.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Oh btw, here is the article I read on running this mobo in x8/x8 like asus recommends and x16/x16. They are doing 6990/6970 trifire though. Some bit of good news though, Asus recommends running x8/x8 in slots 1 and 3 which there are 3 slots between the two on this board so the coolers should clear.

Comment

Well Newegg has been "processing" my order since last friday and after talking to 2 reps and a mgr they wouldnt help me out on upgrading my shipping for the trouble and said they are behind on verifying shipping address's. Anyway i cancelled my order and as soon as the money is released back into my account Ill order it again using paypal so hopefully it wont sit with them for another 5 days.

So does anyone see any changes I should make before I re-order? Looking at other cases too since Im not in love with the Haf X but I like all the room.

Comment

Why not buy as much as you can locally through microcenter or the like?

Comment

Thought about that but are their prices as good as neweggs? $4k worth of stuff is quite a bit of taxes too.

**EDIT** I just looked and they have very little that I need, might as well wait on newegg and save on taxes and gas. Good prices though!
            Last edited by Lason; 11-08-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

They price match.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                They price match.
                This they price match against pretty much everyone now. And check out Hardforum, they just released a quad fire/ quad sli review.

Comment

But I still have to pay tax, thats around $350. But its still moot, they dont have what I want. No asus ROG boards, no 2700K, etc.

Ill have to drive out there some day and check the place out though.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                    This they price match against pretty much everyone now. And check out Hardforum, they just released a quad fire/ quad sli review.
                    Do you have a link to the review? I cant find it.

**EDIT** Nevermind, I think I found it. The Mars SLI review. Thats a badass looking card but looks like 6990's in crossfire beat it out for half the money.

Oh and thats something else, I noticed after I cancelled my order with newegg the video cards went down in price so thats a bonus.

Comment

Re-ordered this morning, this time paying the $3 rush processing fee and also used my paypal account and it seems like it will ship today. I also paid for overnight so hopefully Ill have it tomorrow.

I did downgrade my monitors though, went to 24" Asus LED's. Newegg is having a promotion on these for $189 a piece, normally $215. If anyone wants any the coupon code is EMCYTZT891 .

Buy ASUS VE248H 24" Full HD 1920 x 1080 D-Sub, DVI, HDMI Built-in Speakers Asus Eye Care with Ultra Low-Blue Light & Flicker-Free LED Backlight Monitor with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

So I got everything Thursday evening and had it together and running last night. Had hell setting up the raid though because it would post so quickly that I couldnt hit CTRL+I fast enough. After doing that about 50 times I got the raid setup and windows installed. Installed all the drivers off the web along with AMD 11.10 drivers, 11.9 CAP 4 and radeon pro. Got the eyefinity setup and it looks SWEET.

Loaded BF3 and cant play campaign at all with eyefinity, just crashes. Disable eyefinity and works though. Played multiplayer for the first time and it works with eyefinity but there are no names above friendlies so I looked like a total noob team killing, lol. If I mess with the video setting in game then it sometimes locks up. I havent messed with it too much after that. Radeon pro shows all 4 GPU's working while playing though so thats good and I was hitting 60-90 fps with settings on high/ultra and AA off.

I need to load up Crysis 2 tonight and see how it does. Oh but I did hear the 6990 fans ramp up during BF3 and holy shit they are loud!! I thought about not messing with the Arctic fans I have since the board Im using spaces out the video cards with one empty slot between them so they can both get plenty of air. After hearing those fans I think I decided to use the Arctic fans. I need to see if I can make them work with crossfire first though, I think I can mod them a bit and make it work but we will see.

Comment

Yeah BF3 has some bugs with eyefinity, mainly portrait eyefinity. I don't have any problems in landscape eyefinity. I don't even think Nvidia Surround works period in that game yet.

Comment

I figured out my BF3 campaign issue. Its battlelog doing it. Found a thread online that said to create a desktop shortcut using

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe" -webmode spoffline

Did that and it bypasses battle log and works like a charm. Now I still cant see alot of text in eyefinity like during the beginning when it is telling you what button to hit to grab weapons and open doors and stuff.

Also installed the arctic coolers. Now let me warn everyone who doesnt already know....

DO NOT WORK ON ELECTRONICS WHILE ON PAIN MEDS!

I had a couple root canals a couple days ago and am taking vicodin. I got the first cooler installed fine. Second one went fine, I thought, also. Started it up and ran furmark and the second card shot straight to 100* so I shut down and made sure fans were working and all the obvious. Then it dawned on me. I forgot to take the plastic stickers off the copper heat sinks on the cooler! Took it apart, cleaned and repasted and now both cards are dead silent at 100% fans and wont go over 60* during a furmark benchtest at 1920x1080 on stock clocks.

I thought I would have to do some crazy crap for the crossfire bridge but it went on with a bit of twisting.

Comment

Very nice!
                              Your passage to Enlightenment will come from the end of my barrel.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
                              The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Thanks!

Anyone have issues with overwhelming their UPS (battery backup)? I kept getting a loud beeping when trying to run furmark and thought it was my mobo but its the UPS. I just checked it out and it goes from 30-40% output to 120% with furmark, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X